Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Charge for guests to watch your wedding?

Hey all,
    I am being told I will be charged $15 a person for my friends and family to watch our wedding. Does anyone know anything about this charge? I am not having a private reception, nor will I be adding anything to the one love package..... If anyone has any advise, id really appreciate it.

humm $15 is cheap, according to the website it is $50 for a guest for ceremony only, $100 for a half day pass, and $200 for a full day pass.

There is a charge only if they are not staying at the resort where the wedding is taking place. Otherwise there is.

Are these guests of the resort or are you bringing folks to the resort just for the ceremony? If the former, I have not heard of this, if the later, I believe the fee is $50.

Perhaps you should get clarification from the wedding department. This might help defray the cost of setting up and taking down chairs. If they are just going to stand around, I'm sure that doesn't count, but you should check with a wedding coordinator.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

I'm thinking that us cheap. If you were getting married at home, you would be paying at minimum 4x that much.

If your friends and family are staying at the Couples resort with you, there should be no fee. The fee's are pretty clearly listed on the Website. For non-couples guests $35 per person for tower island, $15 per person for other couples properties. This is a pretty standard practice, but most folks wouldn't think of it as they don't often get married. You'll also want to ensure you read about the maximum number of off-property guest which are allowed without GM waiver.

eWeddingCalendar.com

We were married there and were also guests at a wedding there---if your guests are staying at the resort they should not be charged a fee. Hope that helps!

Are they staying at the resort also?

Yes, I'm getting married there in December. There is a $15 fee per person- This is what the wedding coordinator had emailed me about this: Please also be remind that there is a mandatory surcharge of $15pp, for your Guest to attend the ceremony (this takes care of cake/wine, seats, set-up, wait staff, etc, for the ceremony). Kindly confirm the final number of Guests, at the Resort consultation. Payment on this can be made prior to arrival or at the Resort consultation.

The stuff that weewane is talking about ($50 for ceremony, $100 half day pass and $200 for full day pass) is regarding any guests NOT staying at the resort but coming for the wedding.

Default All my guests are staying on the resort for a week (put down payment on 14 rooms)

all my guests are actually staying at the resort for the full week. They are going to charge me for them standing on the beach watching us get married..... I was told in August that there would be no charge for guest who are staying on the resort unless I was up grading to a cocktail party or reception; which I am not. Now I am being told that the policy changed and it would be $15 a person. Seems rediculous and unfair. Any advise.....

All my guests are actually staying on the resort for a full week (14 rooms down payment on already). We are being told that it will be $15 a person for them to watch us get married. Not having a formal reception, cocktail party or any type of upgrade. We were originally told there was no charge unless I upgraded to one of those.... Now told policy changed since August and that will we be charged. Seems rediculous and unfair.

I'd call Couple 800# & ask ......
    Julie

I think those charges are only for guests not staying at the resort. I don't remember anybody paying anything to watch mine.

We got married in March at CSS. I think the $15 fee is for if you have more than 10 guests. From what I remember the one love package is cake and champagne for up to 10 guests. So any over that, you will have a charge of $15 per person.

As far as guests coming from another resort other than where you are staying, weewane is correct.

Man, I can't tell you how many weddings I have watched from my beach chair, and was only like 10 feet away, could even hear the minister. Good Luck.

Quote Originally Posted by chinimarisa View Post
    All my guests are actually staying on the resort for a full week (14 rooms down payment on already). We are being told that it will be $15 a person for them to watch us get married. Not having a formal reception, cocktail party or any type of upgrade. We were originally told there was no charge unless I upgraded to one of those.... Now told policy changed since August and that will we be charged. Seems rediculous and unfair.
    Just a tip, chinimarisa... Don't pay for this upfront. As others have stated, this may have to do with the number of guests and the chairs and such, but we have watched a few weddings of people we just met, some of which had over 10 guests and we didn't pay anything, nor did anyone say anything. If your guests are OK standing, they could easily just be innocent by-standers With no formal reception or party, there is nothing they will be consuming that isn't already included in their stay at the resort. It sounds like this is more of a "chair and cake" fee than anything else. Either way, don't let it get you down. Everyone will have an awesome time at an awesome place, and this issue can be addressed at the resort, if it even needs to be addressed at all.
    "Brutalize me with music..."

CN: 11/2007, 11/2010, 11/2011, 11/2013

when we were there last Aug and did our vow renewal there were people that just walked up and watched, so I cant imagine they charge for your guests that are allready paying to be on property. If thats the case I would have zero guests registered and then when they all show up to watch it will be fine

ALL my guests are staying on the resort. I dont want anything fancy... Dont want cake or wine for guests and dont need chairs for a ten minute ceramony...... they still are going to charge us $15 a person.... I spoke with the wedding planner, she is the one that told me about this. She told me back in August there would be no charge unless I upgraded to some type of cocktail party and now she said the policy has changed and there is a fee....... Now I dont know what to do. I wanted a simple stressfree beach wedding and now getting stressed THank you to all of you for replying!

chinimarisa - per my other post answering your question....

They mandate the $15/pp charge to provide cake/champagne. We were told that they automatically do this because they assume you want to have their weddings to be a certain way. You can tell them you don't want the guests to have cake/champagne and they shouldn't charge you.

The coordinator we have, Tia, gives conflicting information. We did eventually speak with her supervisor and was able to get clarification on the $15. We reserved the right to not have the $15 fee in place if we decide to not have the guests have cake/champagne.

Also we got a cake at our renewal that was included. My wife and I each had a piece and the rest they took up to our room so we could eat on it later or share with anyone we wanted to.

Thank u for ur responses. I really hope it works out

Another thing, with the policies changing... When we booked our wedding, we booked the One Love basic wedding package. After we booked it, they changed the package inclusions, adding some things that we didn't want, and taking others away that we wanted. When we asked Couples about it, they said that since we booked under the "old" package, we were grandfathered in, and would get all the inclusions that originally came with it. I would ask about that... since it was already booked before the change.

I would definitely take Bricks advice and make sure they know the guests are not having cake/champagne and not sitting in chairs.

When will you be getting married and at what resort?

Quote Originally Posted by sweetnessinthesand View Post
    Another thing, with the policies changing... When we booked our wedding, we booked the One Love basic wedding package. After we booked it, they changed the package inclusions, adding some things that we didn't want, and taking others away that we wanted. When we asked Couples about it, they said that since we booked under the "old" package, we were grandfathered in, and would get all the inclusions that originally came with it. I would ask about that... since it was already booked before the change.

I would definitely take Bricks advice and make sure they know the guests are not having cake/champagne and not sitting in chairs.

When will you be getting married and at what resort?
    I gladly paid $30 for my husband and I to sit with my daughter and new husband on their wedding day. I was staying at the resort too. I would not let $30 keep me from sitting and having cake.

Why not just call the wedding coordinator at your resort? Ours was always very quick to respond! Unless of course you're enjoying the 20+ different opinions here lol!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast