Default Room suggestion: In fear of the noisy road......

Love the lush foliage in Negril and might ask the faithful here if the base Garden Veranda Suite is close to the road. I am a very experienced traveler and easy to please but need to really chill out this trip which is why we are going back for our 4th trip to this island.

Need I upgrade to a Atrium room in order to move just a bit from the road? Are base rooms well enough isolated?

Thank you to all in advance for responding and sharing your experience!

If you want an honest answer, yes you need to upgrade. I don't know how people can say it isn't noisy in the garden rooms. Its not just the car traffic, its the constant honking of other cars as they pass by the resort saying Hi to whoever is on duty. The older garden rooms are the worst. You will get mixed answers here, but I asked the same question and was assured that there was no bad room on the resort before I went, and was shocked at how noisy it really was. Maybe some people have better hearing than others.

We love the atrium and if it doesnt change the number of night you can go that's what we would book, its that hammock. However last year we stayed in a GVS in the older section and it was fine. We didn't hear any road noise from inside room. We could hear cars if we sat on our patio but it wasn't bad. The year before we stayed in an atrium that was close to the lobby and their phone was more distrubing. The only complaint about the GVS was our room had a cheap beach type chair on the patio.

Everyone is different. Yes, the gvs are backed up to the road but your veranda faces the beach. We keep the bathroom window closed and that takes care of it for us. There is a wall in some places and foliage that is supposed to buffer somewhat. We have stayed 3 times in the gvs and with all the sun, fun, and booze, have no trouble from road noise. The tree frogs were really loud last April lol. I find that the road noise is overblown but it may bother you, impossible to say. If you'd like a few pics of the older side gvs, email me at saraclemons19@yahoo.com

FWIW...

The last three years we have stayed in Bldgs 7/8, which is not only right on the road, but across the street from the Tim Air landing strip (I dare not call it an airport!)

Noise has never been an issue for us.
    Janice and Keith in FL

CTI 2009
    CN 2010 2011 2012 2013
    CSS 2014

We were in an atrium suite earlier this month and loved it! Our room was in the front row of atriums nearest to the beach (furthest from the road) and we would still hear the odd car/road noise every so often. Realistically it was probably 1-2 times per day and I only ever noticed it when in the bathroom or on the veranda and it was never a nuisance at all. That being said, we both agreed we'd never stay in a category that was closer to the road (like the GVS) because when you walked to the buildings closer to the road, the noise was rather loud.

I loved how peaceful the atrium rooms were, it was like being in our own private oasis (except for our last night when a really rude group of people decided to have a party on the 2nd floor atrium suite veranda til after 11pm) Nothing was better than an afternoon nap during a rainstorm in the hammock, or listening to the tree frogs on the veranda at night. I say if you can do without the TV, definitely do the upgrade!!

My experience in a GVS (#2214) was some road noise, but it did not disturb either myself or my wife. I would certainly stay in that room again, though we have a GHVS reserved for this week. Don't fret, if you're easy to please, with realistic expectations, you'll have a blast.

We have stayed in a garden room 3 times. Never an issue. We have never heard anything in the room with doors closed. You can hear some noise when on the verandah, but very little.

One year we were on second floor, which for us was a bit louder (again, not enough to be an issue). I think the higher up you go, and less foliage to block sound, you will hear things.

I have seen some reviews over the years that talk about how unbearable the noise is. I doubt those people are lying, maybe exaggerating some, but clearly that is the exception not the rule. If you get a noisy room just asked to be moved.

I would not hesitate to recommend a gvs. And as far as the atrium, i have even seen reviews on those room that you hear the road because no tv and no screens in windows.

Csa is about the beach and resort, not the rooms

Rachel

We are here now. We are in beachfront room, but our friends are in a garden view room. Road noise is very loud where they are at. Not sure about some of the other garden view rooms we are still trying to figure out this maze of a resort! Lol!

Upgraded to the Atium so its a moot point.

Thank you for all the input. I don't want a TV in the room, and hope the resort is not full so I might have a choice to request a room closer to the beach!

Yes, its about the beach and not the room. Its also why I would have loved to have a beachfront room but there is a budget and I respect it.

Sometimes it rains, sometimes its just nice to chill on the patio out of the sun from time to time.
    Last edited by Bargamon; October 4th, 2013 at 10:34 AM.

Bargamon, we're going back to CSA for our 4th trip this December. We always get a GVS in the newer section close to the Great House. Of course once in a while you'll hear a car with a blasting stereo or no exhaust, but it's few and far between. As long as you keep your bathroom window shut it's not a problem. Of course if you want total silence an Atrium Suite is the way to go. 58 days till we return home...but who's counting?
    Enjoy your time in Paradise (aka CSA).
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by rachlm927 View Post
    We have stayed in a garden room 3 times. Never an issue. We have never heard anything in the room with doors closed. You can hear some noise when on the verandah, but very little.

One year we were on second floor, which for us was a bit louder (again, not enough to be an issue). I think the higher up you go, and less foliage to block sound, you will hear things.

I have seen some reviews over the years that talk about how unbearable the noise is. I doubt those people are lying, maybe exaggerating some, but clearly that is the exception not the rule. If you get a noisy room just asked to be moved.

I would not hesitate to recommend a gvs. And as far as the atrium, i have even seen reviews on those room that you hear the road because no tv and no screens in windows.

Csa is about the beach and resort, not the rooms

Rachel
    Pretty much my thoughts. We stayed in room 4101, we had the blockage of the wall and foilage. We were first floor and heard nothing at night. I did hear some horns and such in the morning when we woke up, it was nothing that actually woke us up but could be hear. We were on the first floor. Our friends were on the second or third floor a building down and found it unbearable and had to move. Its personal pref and tolerance. My GF is a light sleeper, and it didnt bother her. We actually prefer those basic rooms and just booked another for May, we are asking for the same room. The privacy was incredible as compared to rooms in the center or near the restaurants.

My husband and I have always stayed in the Garden Suite. Yes, we heard the road noise the first day. After that it never bothered after that.
    One Love,
    Mya