Default Weather In October

How is the weather in October? I heard that it is the rainiest month of the year (after we booked of course)? We are arriving this Friday (the 4th) for 7 nights.

If it does rain, does it last all day or for days at a time or just a few random showers?? This is going to be our second time staying at CSS and the first time it did not rain the whole entire time!

Regardless we are ready to get away but we hope it wont rain the whole time!!

We've been to CN 5 times in October and all but last time (Hurricane Sandy) the weather has been great with only the occasional late afternoon thunderstorm and even they don't last very long.
    Captain Jim
    "I will grow old....
    But I won't grow up"

What happens in the event of rain? Is it just a depressing missed holiday? Does the staff do anything special? We're going to be at CN for our first time for our honeymoon in 10 days and after 14 months of getting excited for this, to think we'll be completely rained out is enough to almost make me cry.

Quote Originally Posted by jessicabnc View Post
    What happens in the event of rain? Is it just a depressing missed holiday? Does the staff do anything special? We're going to be at CN for our first time for our honeymoon in 10 days and after 14 months of getting excited for this, to think we'll be completely rained out is enough to almost make me cry.
    Congrats on your wedding!! You are going to love CN. We'll be there the same time you are (October 9-18)!!

We were at CN in October 4 years ago. We had a storm come through almost every afternoon - I loved it! Didn't affect our trip at all, in fact may have enhanced it! We will be back on Wednesday, Oct. 9th - the weather looks like it could storm off and on - no worries! Frankly, even if it rained the whole time, I would still love being at CN with my hubby, away from the chaos of our day to day lives - enjoying great food and drink, great people and a beautiful resort. The weather will affect your trip as much as you let it. Just be excited to get there - you've chosen an amazing place to go!! See you in Negril!

No need to worry Jessicabnc - unless Jamaica gets hit head on with a tropical storm or hurricane (which does not look likely in the next ten days), then any rain should be brief and everything at the resort will stay open.

When it rains (and it will when you're there) we usually just get under an umbrella or stop at a bar until it blows over - or, if we're already wet we might just grab a drink and sit in a hot tub.

There will be lots of sunny hours - so many so that you will welcome the cool down that the showers bring (usually afternoon & early morning)

On the rare occasion of an entire day of rain (only 1 of the 40 days we have spent in Jamaica fell under this category) we still ventured out, spent time at the swim up bar & had a great time - the only thing we didn't get to do that day was water sports.

The lightning shows over the ocean, are terrific show late at night on the beach with a bottle of wine and my lover!!! You need to try it, don't worry so much!!!!!!
    Repeater many times over!!!!

We were there in May (rainy season) and I think we had one bad day of rain. All we remember was one of the staff say:

"don't worry mon, dem trees is happy for it!"

Thats all we remember. The beach gets washed over and you can head back out with less people around.

Quote Originally Posted by jessicabnc View Post
    If our history is any gage then you should be just fine.
    5 Times to CN in October & really only 1 day lost (Hurricane Sandy). There are afternoon showers but they come & go usually quickly. So take a deep breath & enjoy.
    You will absolutely love CN & the people there.
    Captain Jim
    "I will grow old....
    But I won't grow up"