Default Premiere Beachfront Suite Question - CSA

Hey guys, we're still in our post CSA hangover phase and I'm pretty sure the only thing that will get us through is booking a return trip! Although we LOVED our atrium suite, we were very curious about the Premiere Beachfront Suites and we are thinking of splurging on our next visit!

Even though I've been doing my research on this room, I can't seem to find a picture of the bathroom anywhere! We would be so grateful if someone could share a photo or two!!!

Also as long as we're on the subject, anyone else stayed in these and can offer their opinions? Is there a lot of noise in the area? How bad is it for privacy? Is it worth the upgrade money?

Thanks!!

Alison & Zach

I think the Premier Beachfront Suite is TOTALLY worth the extra $$!

We've been lucky enough to be upgraded to that category (both first and second floors before it was named as such), and have loved it!

We love the huge verandah - and we've never felt like people were staring at us, nor have we found it to be too noisy - actually, just the opposite! On the ground floor there is typically foliage to give some privacy, and we've also liked being in close proximity to the evening bonfire - we could just listen from our porch!

The bathrooms are very similar to the Atrium bathrooms. Walk-in shower (no tub), and in the 2nd floor suite the bathroom wall does not go all the way to the ceiling.

If it won't break your bank, I'd definitely spring for this category!!!

Bathrooms basically the same as the others. Only difference is the porch is a lot bigger. I felt like it was pretty private because there is foliage all around, but some people say its not private enough because of the foot traffic. Beachfront suite and Premier beachfront suite is the same to us, the verandah is plenty big enough for 2 or 4 people on either one.

Hi Alison & Zach,

It's tough having to come back home to reality from a visit to a Couples Resort. While there we just wish we could stay forever. Somehow the reality that all of Jamaica is not a Couples Resort and the money will run out to afford it causes us to leave. But then we start planning our return soon after.

We haven't stayed in an Atrium Suite before but have wanted to. We were booked for one, on our second visit to CSA, but were upgraded to a Beachfront. We've heard that the Atriums are really nice. We once stayed in a Premier Beachfront (1st trip to CSA) as we thought we'd probably never be able to return so should just do it (a great choice).

Being that we've never stayed in an Atrium suite before we can't give a fair comparison. We can tell you that the rooms are wonderful. We were in the one that's in the center of the resort on the 2nd floor. It was super having the big, wrap-around balcony. No, it was never noisy. It was nice to wake up in the morning, look out at the ocean and watch all the comings and goings as we lounged on the balcony with a cup of Blue Mountain coffee. We had no problem with privacy and were even able to watch a few of the beach weddings that happened nearby.

"Is it worth the upgrade money?", you ask. For us it was worth it to say we'd tried it and had the experience. Would we do it again? Yes, if we were able to afford it, we'd jump at a chance to stay in a Premier Beachfront every time.

We do have a picture of the bathroom. It's in with other pictures of CSA and the room. Here's a link to them: Csa/Css'10 - a set on Flickr. Hope this helps with your decision.

Enjoy!

Bart & Bug

Hi Alison & Zach,
    If you click on the Swept Away Jamaica link above and then on the Accomodations link on the left hand side of that page you'll see all of the rooms. All you have to do is click on "view" at the end of each description. Unless you're going to spend a lot of time on your big terrace looking at the ocean I doubt it'll be worth the extra money. We've always stayed in Garden Verandah rooms, nosh off our room service breakfast tray while waking up and then head to a restaurant, beach or the gym. Our enjoyment at CSA is on the property somewhere, not sitting on the verandah watching people walk by. But to each his own and I'm sure no matter where you stay it'll be wonderful.
    Enjoy your time in Paradise, aka "CSA",
    Steve - 56 sleeps until we return home!

When people say they got an upgrade or were upgraded, what does that mean? Did the resort offer it at check in and there was no charge or did you have to pay for the upgrade? Will be there in December for first time, so not sure how upgrades work.

December can be a tough time to get an upgrade (either free or paid), as the resort is usually at or close to capacity. We've been given free upgrades, due most probably to dumb luck and/or the fact that we're multi-time repeaters. The best advice is to purchase the room category you're most comfortable with, and when you arrive at the resort ask if upgrades are available.

Ironbutterfly, 2 trips ago we had booked a ghvs and when we checked in, we were told we were upgraded to a bfvs. I was stunned, didn't ask for it and enjoyed our first floor bfvs, no charge. It was our 4th trip to csa, 5th to couples so maybe that had something to do with it. It does happen on occasion but as the resort occupancy is high, I don't know how often it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by gonegril View Post
    December can be a tough time to get an upgrade (either free or paid), as the resort is usually at or close to capacity. We've been given free upgrades, due most probably to dumb luck and/or the fact that we're multi-time repeaters. The best advice is to purchase the room category you're most comfortable with, and when you arrive at the resort ask if upgrades are available.
    Ok thanks for explaining. We are happy with our choice and should an upgrade be offered great if not, that is ok too

Quote Originally Posted by softail19 View Post
    Ironbutterfly, 2 trips ago we had booked a ghvs and when we checked in, we were told we were upgraded to a bfvs. I was stunned, didn't ask for it and enjoyed our first floor bfvs, no charge. It was our 4th trip to csa, 5th to couples so maybe that had something to do with it. It does happen on occasion but as the resort occupancy is high, I don't know how often it happens.
    OK thanks for explaining

We've stayed in both regular beachfront and the premier beachfront and although both were awesome rooms, the premier beachfront was a little less private than the regular beachfront that was tucked back off the walking path. Anyone could see directly into our whole room when the door was open in the premier BF suite. Bathroom was a little bigger in the premium BF Suite and of course the patio was huge but still not so private. Loved them both. Going back in two weeks and staying in an atrium suite this time, hoping for a second floor...It's all good no matter where you are, it's CSA...