Hybrid View

Default Tennis players.......

Heading to CSA in part because of the tennis program. I was wondering what experiences some might have had with instruction, clinics and perhaps matching up for singles or doubles play.

Been playing a few years and its my first trip where Im looking to play everday.

Check ObamaCountry posts or message her on TA. She sent me a detailed message about the tennis program at CSA including what pros to look for. We're only 7 or so weeks away and the racquets are getting packed for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Bargamon View Post
    Heading to CSA in part because of the tennis program. I was wondering what experiences some might have had with instruction, clinics and perhaps matching up for singles or doubles play.

Been playing a few years and its my first trip where Im looking to play everday.
    I think tennis is the best reason to go to CSA (okay...there are about 150 other best reasons, but this is my favorite). On weekdays, there will be morning clinics and an evening round robin. In our 4 trips, we usually see intermediate through advanced players attending the "advanced" clinics. Advanced beginners through intermediate players will attend the intermediate clinics. The clinics are taught by a visiting USPTA pro who comes down for the week and who also runs the round robin. They vary from just okay to really awesome, depending on the week. I would recommend attending the clinic on your first morning or two to get a sense of if you think they are worth your time. These and the round robins are the best place to meet other players of your level for arranging games. The round robins are social, fun, and not very competitive at all.

In addition to the visiting pros, CSA has 4 (or maybe 5) on-site pros who are fantastic. You can arrange a 30-minute private lesson every day of your stay, including weekends with one of them. My current favorites are David and Brenton, and Ashford is also a really sweet man who I think is great with beginners-high intermediate players. The other 1 or 2 may be great too, I just haven't worked with them. One thing we have done on our visits, especially when the visiting pro has turned out not to be that fabulous, is to put together a couple of other players and combine our privates into a 60 min semi-private or a 90-minute doubles technique clinic. They are open to working with you how you wish. I love the tennis staff!

The courts are in great shape--half hard courts and half har-tru. They have racquets you can borrow and balls for your use, though we always bring our own racquets with us. Play early (or late) and stay hydrated because it gets hot! We usually order coffee and a very light continental breakfast to our verandah, go play tennis for 2-3 hours, have a full breakfast, and then head down to the beach. Perfect :-). Have a great time!

Quote Originally Posted by Nan View Post
    I! We usually order coffee and a very light continental breakfast to our verandah, go play tennis for 2-3 hours, have a full breakfast, and then head down to the beach. Perfect :-). Have a great time!
    Thats a great plan!!!!!

I'm a former USPTA pro (many years ago!) and it hit with one of the local Pros one morning. First time in over 8 years, had a blast, he was great, saw I had game but made sure he kept the ball in play and let me decide when to end the points. Great Resort, great staff, great courts!