Default Just returned from CSS

Just got back from CSS and this place still has all the ambiance and charm we fell in love with the first trip. All the food and staff are still amazing. Special shout outs to some staff who made it great and please excuse the spelling. Alecia at guests services, Dalton at the front desk, Spaghetti, Linguini, and Sasha, Dominique at the pool bar, and the duo of Jheneal and Veronique at SSB who had to put up with me this past week. The staff are certainly the shining stars of CSS. It is a great resort, but they make it the best.
    WE were there just as the construction of the SSB pool and hot tub were being completed, and the workers put in an extra effort to complete on time, even working through a couple nights with floodlights to get er done. It now has an actual in ground hot tub, and the pool without the grotto seems much larger, a cleaner feel to it. There are now stairs in the pool between the shallow and deeper ends, all new tiles everywhere, including the showers, bar, and grill. I also saw many new lounge chairs and floaties as well.
    The work continues in the spa area, will new cedar roofing on the spa office, along with new concrete tiles on the balloon bar deck, the lower patio, and in the spa area where the giant chess board used to be. Apparently they also plan on making the patio area just below the balloon bar patio, next to E block into a martini bar. The main pool bar has a new roof as well. They are also re modelling a room in B block, and will continue to update rooms. They will eventually renovate all the rooms in A and B block, but no time schedule was announced on that.
    We did take a day to try out CTI. As I have posted elsewhere they certainly have that south beach feel and vibe down to a tee. All the staff we encountered were very friendly and helpful, the beach, although small, was very nice. We tried the island experience as well, and although it is not SSB, I can certainly see why this place is a favorite for many. Unfortunately rain dampened our day, and we went back to CSS early.
    It was great meeting some of the people from the message board, as we have all kinda gotten to know each other, along with some old friends who were there that we met last year. A great group again this year and it was certainly lots of fun. The resort wasn't full by no means, apparent by the number of people at the repeaters dinner and gala night, but it was still fun, the food was amazing as always, and the showtime at the gala was very entertaining. A conga line got started at the gala, and the only ones who got involved were SSB guests. WE know how to have a good time!!!
    There were a couple of staff that we did miss. Edgar at the omelette station who was on vacation, and Anthoy and Barrington who are no longer there. They are both working elsewhere and are doing well.I wish them all the best in their new adventures. We had requested Anthoy as our server for our private dinner for our anniversary as he has become a friend to us over the past three visits, but our server and chef for our dinner were still awesome. That rack of lamb was to die for!!!
    We requested and got G-16 again this year. We just LOVE the view and privacy of being up high in the trees and don't mind the stairs as it certainly helps to burn off the copious amounts of food and drinks we consume while there. My daily menu consisted of breakfast, lunch, lunch again, and dinner. I love to cook at home, but the food here is far above anything I make. First rate all the way. It's 10 am here but I could go for a couple of the San Souci jerk burgers from the beach grill right now!!!
    Overall it was another amazing trip made more special by the staff. The sad bus wasn't as sad as my wife thought it would be, as I gave her her anniversary present on Monday at our private dinner... a copy of the confirmation for our trip next year that I booked back in May. We will be "home" September 27th, 2014. Trip number 4 in 4 years. All to deal with now is the dreaded countdown!!!

Does G16 have a walk-in shower or tub?

Thanks

So glad you had such a good time Lloyd! What a great surprise for Gillian to find out you're booked for next year, she must have been so happy!

Artie, G16 has a walk-in shower, no tub!
    (Karen&Paul)

She was happy for sure. We had our private dinner on the balcony again. It's so relaxed and private doing it there.

Hi! Novastar!

I'm curious to know how you were able to have the dinner on your balcony....

Did you book the standard private dinner ($170) or one of the more expensive dinners with the private chef, etc.?

We are headed to CSS on Tuesday 10/15 staying in a penthouse for our anniversary, and I remembered your previous posting from your last trip,
    about having the private dinner on your balcony and we wanted to do this also!!

So...I purchased the Love and Romance package, and when I called the Romance Concierge at the 800# to explain that we wanted the dinner on our balcony, I was told a very emphatic NO! I even explained how I had read about you having the private dinner on your balcony...she still said NO, gazebo or beach only!

Now, arrgh!! I see you had the private dinner on your balcony again!!

How did you book your private dinner?

Is the romance concierge 800# not aware the resort will let you have the dinner on your balcony?

Thanks for any info you can give me!
    Still hoping we can have the dinner on our balcony!!
    Sherry

Great review, Novastar. We were at CSS from 9/14 - 9/21, which is when the SSB pool construction was going on and they had the whole SSB area, including beach, completely closed for four of the seven days we were there. To say we were disappointed would be an understatement! Lucky you that you got to enjoy the renovations!

I'm curious as to which room category G16 belongs. We had a beachfront one bedroom suite when we were there a few weeks ago but for our next trip (which is already booked!) we want to try a one-bedroom ocean suite. I had read that G8 was terrific, but it sounds like you like G16 and I'm just wondering if G16 is a one-bedroom ocean suite?

Sherry, our first time having the dinner on the balcony was not planned as the weather was not cooperating. They gave us the choice to move the date or do it on the balcony. Glad we chose the latter. This year I booked for Ssb with the private chef and still decided to have it on the balcony. They were fine with that but had never done it on a balcony before. Just talk to Alesia at guest services when you get there. She is awesome.
    Ca girl, G-16 is a one bedroom ocean view right in the middle of G block on the top floor looking straight down at the mineral pool. The room is much larger than the beachfronts with a living room and a huge balcony with table and chairs and a double lounger. We just love being up in the trees, the view, and the privacy. Yes it is a lot of stairs getting back and forth but that helps with the copious amounts of food and drink!!! Our usual routine after a day at sunset beach is stop off at the mineral pool for a dip and then elevator up to the room.

Quote Originally Posted by novastar View Post
    She was happy for sure. We had our private dinner on the balcony again. It's so relaxed and private doing it there.
    Awesome, so happy you were able to do that again!
    (Karen&Paul)

Quote Originally Posted by CA_girl_in_TX View Post
    Great review, Novastar. We were at CSS from 9/14 - 9/21, which is when the SSB pool construction was going on and they had the whole SSB area, including beach, completely closed for four of the seven days we were there. To say we were disappointed would be an understatement! Lucky you that you got to enjoy the renovations!

I'm curious as to which room category G16 belongs. We had a beachfront one bedroom suite when we were there a few weeks ago but for our next trip (which is already booked!) we want to try a one-bedroom ocean suite. I had read that G8 was terrific, but it sounds like you like G16 and I'm just wondering if G16 is a one-bedroom ocean suite?
    G16 does belong to a one bedroom ocean suite category, as does G8, which is our favourite. We tried G16 last time and found that because the wall doesn't go all the way up on the balcony that if your neighbour is smoking it comes next door and we had heavy smokers next to us.
    (Karen&Paul)