Default First day REVIEW Oct 5th (kinda lengthy)

AIRPORT ARRIVAL:
    Our flight landed at 2 pm yesterday. Ashleigh me us from Club Mobay just off the ramp. She was awesome! Thank Goodness we pulled the trigger for both the arrival/departure package! The line off the plane and into immigration was huge. Literally hundreds of people waiting in line. I heard/read the lines can be long on Saturday, but holy traffic jams, Batman. We were guided right past everyone as my wife noted the stares and snickering. We were thru immigration in 5 minutes (Ashleigh verified our custom form info) then it was over tithe luggage. Only one check in- found our bag (I put an orange ribbon on the handle for easy ID). Then over to customs and then, as Ashleigh put it, "your vacation begins". A cool towel and a rum punch and the couples shuttle was ready. We were in the shuttle by 2:40.
    THE SHUTTLE TO CSA:
    Now I didn't catch the driver's name, my bad. But what a hoot! He had us laughing from the get go. Just as an FYI, your bags are tagged by the color of the resort you are staying at and given the corresponding ticket. No problem, Mon.
    The driver warned us not to drive anywhere in Jamaica ourselves. "We don't drive on the wrong side of the road. We drive on the correct side, the other lane is the suicide lane." We arrived at CN first then it was off to CSA! I noticed some tipped only a couple of dollars. I felt the driver was more deserving of $20 ($10 pp). He made us laugh and we arrived safe, that's worth it to us!
    CHECK IN:
    This part was a little disorganized. The bags were left by the turnaround while I walked into the lobby. Since this is our first time here, I was a little disoriented. Reading these boards for the last 6 months helped. However, I was thinking, what about those that didn't read these boards? So I knew I had to check in before any reservations could be made. Luckily as I walked over to the check in table, a CSA employee met me and welcomed me with a towel and a glass of champagne. Another employee asked my name and gave me a clipboard to check all the info. We sat down and the gave us our room assignment (3rd floor beach verandah-awesome-just as requested though not expected as we knew you get what you get).
    We then went to the concierge desk. We booked Feathers, Lemongrass, a Cat cruise and trading spaces for CN on Wednesday. We were told you can only book the two reservation restaurants only three days out. So I'll probably book them again Monday for later in the week.
    LEMONGRASS/LOBSTER NITE:
    First night and we lucked into a 6:30 reservation at Lemongrass. Sunset setting-perfect! Iteesa was our server. She was friendly and fun. The wine was free flowing. Constant refills - very nice! We had the sampler appetizer, the soup and salad. The lobster was like a soup. Not exactly what I expected but good. The dessert: chocolate mousse for me, encrusted lychee Creme brle for the wife.
    ULTIMATE CHOCOLATE:
    Fun! Ultimate chocolate was on the piano at the Aura Lounge. His singing partner was a riot! We had rum and ting---YUM and sang along to Piano Man and Sweet Caroline! Must see and do again.
    SUNDAY/THE BEACH
    Two words- Beautiful/perfect. Wifey and I had breakfast at The Palms. Omelet and lox for me. Wifey, fruit and lox. Now back to the beach. Now I know what sand gravity is! Excuse me while I take a sip of my rum punch, Mon!

At the beginning you said "cool towel & rum punch"....we're these from the Club Mobay? Because the Couples lounge only had Red Stripe and no cool towels the last time we were there. Do you wait for the shuttle in the Club Mobay lounge or the Couples Lounge?
    Captain Jim
    "I will grow old....
    But I won't grow up"

Thank you Couplesguy - have an amazing time! And don't fight the sand gravity!!!!

Cool towel and rum punch were from Club Mobay. The two lounges are literally next to one another.
    UPDATE:
    FEATHERS:
    Wifey and I had dinner at Feathers last night. We were first in at 6:30. We were invited to sit at the bar. Two red wines for us and a smile and we're were seated in a corner -very intimate. Unlike Lemongrass, there is no view. You are seated in an interior low lighting type lounge with recorded piano music playing. Laytoya was our waitress and Orrin our waiter. Yes, two. Orrin was a riot. He kept us laughing throughout our meal. Ex: when he served our soup there were two drops in the bowl, "you enjoy your soup, Mon!" I said, "then I'm going to need seconds!" He laughed then poured us each a full bowl. (Fist punch) Wifey had fish and I had shrimp and scallions. Orrin gave us a "surprise". He gave us a sampler platter of dessert. I liked the banana ice cream. Wifey loved the chocolate torte. Orrin came back and said, "Happy anniversary, Da whole meal is on me, Mon!" The portions were on the light side but it was a 5 course meal! Presentation was 5 star. We were stuffed by the time we left. Now I need to throw a big SHOUT OUT to Garnet. She kept our wine glasses full and accommodated our numerous requests to "please take our picture". She even made it extra special by giving us an anniversary card (celebrating 15 years of marriage on Thursday). High five to the Feathers staff!

Now gearing up for the Cat Cruise later today!

The Club MOBAY Lounge is in the departure area. The Couples lounge is in the arrival area. Completely separate and isolated areas of the airport. You wait for your bus in the Couples lounge.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Jack View Post
    The Club MOBAY Lounge is in the departure area. The Couples lounge is in the arrival area. Completely separate and isolated areas of the airport. You wait for your bus in the Couples lounge.
    Actually there is a MoBay arrival lounge as well. It's right next to the Couples lounge. They have drinks (rum punch) and give you a cool towel. We actually hung out there instead before our shuttle left as we were the only ones in there and the Couples lounge was a bit more crowded. Obviously, we used the MoBay VIP arrival passes.

The MoBay departure lounge is completely different and inside the airport.

:-D
    Linda & Nick
    CSA - Oct 2004 (for our wedding!!!)
    CN - March 2006, Nov 2013
    CSS - March 2013

Club Mobay has an arrival lounge now. Right next to the couples lounge. We used it last week.

Mad Jack, while there is a Club Mobay in the departure area, there is a lounge in the arrival area as well, and it is right in the corner next to the Couples lounge. We used the Mobay arrival service in March of this year, and the guy who brought us through tried very hard to get us to join them in their lounge. While we were too excited to get to Couples and didn't stop in for refreshments, it is definitely right there next to Couples.

We were there too! We also were on the cat cruise on Tuesday. We were the rowdy bunch next to the bar dancing. Anyway, I'm so glad you had such a good time. We had our anniversary dinner at Feather's too and they really made our dinner special. Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip.