Thread: Trying scuba

Default Trying scuba

We are staying at CSS in Nov has anyone tried scuba for the first time there, was just wondering what to expect, do they just take you from the beach etc or do you go out on a boat. Looking to reassure my better half to give it ago.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

If not certified, and it sound like you're not, then you would do the "resort course." You start out with a little instruction then some basic work in the pool. After that you get 1 approximately 30 foot deep dive from the dive boat. I dove at CN this summer but I think this is the same regardless of the couples resort you are at except for Barbados?.?
    There may or may not also be a swim test and some have had issues with this. Enjoy, its a blast you might just get hooked and have a new hobby afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Iowahawkeyes View Post
    If not certified, and it sound like you're not, then you would do the "resort course." You start out with a little instruction then some basic work in the pool. After that you get 1 approximately 30 foot deep dive from the dive boat. I dove at CN this summer but I think this is the same regardless of the couples resort you are at except for Barbados?.?
    There may or may not also be a swim test and some have had issues with this. Enjoy, its a blast you might just get hooked and have a new hobby afterwards.
    Thanks for the info much appreciated

The free resort course is a PADI "Discover Scuba" course. Like posted above, it is some pool time, very basic skills and then an ocean dive.
    CN, Oct 2012, CN May 2013, CN Dec 2013, Booked CN Dec 2014

I had never done it before and given the opportunity when we were at CSS in April...I couldnít resist.
    there is the intro course done in the pool, there is a swim test which is 2 lengths of the pool continuous swimming (no stopping, donít worry its not that tough to do). After that they take you out in the boat for a dive and its beautiful! you are at a depth of 30-35 feet and the tranquility is something I will never forget!!
    We are heading back home at the end of April and I am super excited to dive again!
    The Dive Master is an amazing instructor with a lot of patience and will not take you out until you are ready.
    in short...its FANTASTIC and I highly recommend the diving with the staff at CSS!

Quote Originally Posted by RobnShawna View Post
    I had never done it before and given the opportunity when we were at CSS in April...I couldnít resist.
    there is the intro course done in the pool, there is a swim test which is 2 lengths of the pool continuous swimming (no stopping, donít worry its not that tough to do). After that they take you out in the boat for a dive and its beautiful! you are at a depth of 30-35 feet and the tranquility is something I will never forget!!
    We are heading back home at the end of April and I am super excited to dive again!
    The Dive Master is an amazing instructor with a lot of patience and will not take you out until you are ready.
    in short...its FANTASTIC and I highly recommend the diving with the staff at CSS!
    Thanks for the advise sounds great