Default Our Beloved Roc is gone

We have had 12 years with a wonderful Rottie. Not my choice of dog when we got him, my sone brought him home. In the beginning I was scared of this beautiful puppy. Larry wouldn't touch him, but he stayed around and we fell in love with the HUGE teddy bear. Rotties have a bad wrap at times. He loved us and protected us for 12 years. This morning he passed away in our back yard. He had been battling diabetes and getting 2 shots a day like a trooper for a few years, had gone completely blind, and the past week, had not been doing well at all. Made an appt for him at the vet. He didn't make it. I have found, when your kids grow up and have families of thier own, your pet becomes your baby, and we lost our baby and best friend

Name:  100_0133_033.jpg
Views: 499
Size:  29.4 KB

Name:  JAMAICA 2008 060.jpg
Views: 506
Size:  52.8 KB

I'm so sorry for your loss. I know, our pets are our family and we are so grateful for them each day! All the best to get your through this difficult time.

My sympathies for your loss. I understand as we lost our two best friends some years ago, within a couple of months of each other. My wife likes to say that they are waiting for us in heaven to come play again some day. They have just run ahead, like always.

I am so, so sad to hear of your loss. My parents just lost their Rottie, he passed away peacefully in the back yard. Such a sad time. Hope the memories of him give you comfort.
    Kristen

Happytimes42 -
    I am so sorry. It is SO hard to lose a furry family member. They definitely are part of the family and yes they are like our babies. They are always there to Love us unconditionally. Hopefully your memories will bring you peace. He has crossed the "Rainbow Bridge" where he can run and play and romp and have no more pain. Take Care and our prayers go out to you.
    Have a Happy Day!

You have our deepest sympathies & we are very sorry for your loss. We consider our dogs to be part of our family & we know how difficult it is to lose one. Our thoughts are with you.
    Doug & Claire

I'm so sorry for your loss.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Although this is all part of life it hurts like hell, doesn't it. All a sign or acknowledgement you had a great pet and loving relationship. We've had to say good - bye to 2 of our beloved cats: Tiger(was 14 yrs old) & Meatball(was 19 yrs old) and we cried for days. With much sympathy, Razzl

So Sorry to hear of your loss. He was an absolutely BEAUTIFUL dogs. Unfortunately many Rotts get a bad rap and they really are good dogs if raised in a family and well treated. Remember the good times and know that he had a good life and obviously knew he was loved. He will be there waiting for you in heaven. You are in my thoughts.
    Lori

Hang in there and thinking of you during this difficult time. It is never easy losing a family member. I always get mad at myself for getting so close to the animals when they pass but we all do it. Thats why we love them so much. I hope he went peacefully. Take Care.

I lost my first Rottie several years ago due to cancer. Like you, I had raised him from a pup and grew to truly appreciate the oft-maligned breed. After losing my best friend and companion, it was hard to function for a while. After watching me mope around for months, one of my best friends introduced me to a Rottweiler Rescue organization. They helped me to return some of the love, companionship, and friendship that my big buddy had given to me over the years. I lost my second Rottie (a rescue) a few months ago, also to cancer. Both of these wonderful animals gave so much more to me than I was ever able to return to them. Our thoughts and prayers are with you both.

Mike and Monica
    Jamaica Soon Come.
    CSA Torch Holder 2012

No matter how big they are, they all think they're lap dogs, as your photo shows.

I'm am so sorry for your loss. It's so hard to lose a pet, but over time, you'll find that thoughts of your beloved Roc will bring a smile to your face rather than tears to your eyes.

We have a a 13-year-old English cocker spaniel and a 12-year-old American cocker spaniel. We know that they won't be with us too much longer, so we try to enjoy the time we have left with them. Dasher and Rudy send their sympathies as well. They know better than anyone how important pets are (in their minds, the center of the universe).
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

So sorry to hear of your loss. We have two nine year old miniature Dachshunds that were slowing down a bit until we rescued a 5 month old blind one a month ago, brought some new energy into the house. But the day always comes and it makes the house awfully quiet. You are right about Rottweilers and other such breeds, they really are great dogs in the right homes. Google Rainbow Bridge, it's a touching poem that brought me lots of tears but lots of comfort when we lost a dog a few years back.

We are so sorry for your loss. We just had to put to sleep our yellow lab of 16 years. He was such an important link in our family. My husband and I are still leaving the lights on for him and opening the back door. My son (5) needed to put flowers on his grave in the back yard today. It certainly changes your life when you lose your special friend. Light a candle on Monday (the day of pet remembrance) and remember your special memories of your loved pet.

I'm very sorry for your loss and I know that pain well, we had to put our 15 year old Jack Russell to sleep a few months ago. He was our little buddy and we sorely miss him.
    There is no unhappiness like the misery of sighting land (and work) again after a cheerful, careless voyage ~Mark Twain

The loss of a beloved pet is heartbreaking and so like the loss of a dear family member. We lost our beautiful shepherd three years ago and still miss him terribly - though we think of all the joy he brought us now more than the sadness of his passing. Our hearts go out to you on the loss of your big "teddy bear."

Kel and I are both so sorry for the loss of your beloved, Roc. I know how horrible it feels, but I hope that God floods your heart and mind with all of the beautiful memories you have of Roc, and the pure, unconditional love that he gave to you.

I don't think anything or anyone in this whole wide world is capable of loving like a dog is.

That's why D-O-G is G-O-D spelled backwards....
    They are the perfect example of how God loves us.

I'll be praying for you and your family.

Love,
    Sandra
    "Rescuing one dog will not change the world....
    But for that dog the world will be forever changed"
    God bless the rescue babies!
    http://www.AmericanBrittanyRescue.ORG

I am so sorry for your loss. I know how it feels to loose your furbaby. He looks like a beautiful loving dog. Find comfort in knowing what a wonderful life you gave to him. You have wonderful memories with him, and he will always be with you in spirit. When my furbabys died I found comfort in a site called Rainbow Bridge. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Kev and I had to put down our beloved Basset Hound this past August(his kidneys shut down). It's been so very hard so we understand and are sending a bunch of hugs your way. Just know that Roc and Caleb are no longer in pain and now playing together in heaven.

Angie
    Kevin & Angie