Default Are we too young?

We are planning our *first* Couples vacation to CSS for 4/5/2016-4/11/2016 for my husbands birthday, and to take one vacation together before we start a family. He will be turning 28 and I am 26. I have been reading through the forums for the past week and I am sensing that most couples are 40+, is this true? Will they welcome us younger folk? We are not the typical young and rowdy, partying type. We just want to relax, explore, and enjoy our vacation and our time together - but also not feel out of place. Advice?

Quote Originally Posted by cwhale11 View Post
    We are planning our *first* Couples vacation to CSS for 4/5/2016-4/11/2016 for my husbands birthday, and to take one vacation together before we start a family. He will be turning 28 and I am 26. I have been reading through the forums for the past week and I am sensing that most couples are 40+, is this true? Will they welcome us younger folk? We are not the typical young and rowdy, partying type. We just want to relax, explore, and enjoy our vacation and our time together - but also not feel out of place. Advice?
    You will see every age group!!!
    Gene and Jeanne
    CSS October 2012
    CSS October 2013
    CSS October 2014
    CSS October 2015 SOON COME!

No there is a really well mixed age at Couples from early 20's to late 70's and beyond. Age really does bot make much difference at Couples. We make friend with all ages every time we go. Many of them we stay connected to be e-mail or Facebook. We have even planned return trips together.

Hi cwhale11! You're going to "fit in" just fine. There's no "right age" at a Couples Resort. You'll find folks from their 20's to 80's...and everywhere in-between coming to do the same things you are. Everyone is welcome at Couples...and you won't be an exception. Come ready to have the time of your lives and have the vacation/time together that Couples is known for.

You won't feel at all out of place.
    <font size=2>
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015, CN 2016

I'd say no, you won't feel out of place. Our last trip to CTI there were quite a few younger people around the resort.

Your comment about wanting to "relax, explore, and enjoy our vacation and our time together" will fit right in with the rest of the guests at a Couples resort.

Go, enjoy, relax.
    Jason

By now, you likely have a half dozen replies to your post. In our experience the friendliness of the guests can be visualized by this message board. But let's look at the numbers from my perspective. Perhaps the number under 40 is 25%. That might be due to the fact that over than 40's have saved money for this type of vacation versus children's education, food, sports, whatever. Now, of the remaining 75%, take 50% out for those that don't know their own age, enjoying life, exploring new places, people, and experiences. So that leaves ~37.5%, of which another 50% maybe don't move at the same pace as the fore mentioned, but have always had a quick wit and wonderful ear for listening to all points of view. Which leaves 10-15% that would rather just be left alone with their partner, for a brief time in a fantastic location. Your being welcomed to this paradise has more to do with your desire to meet new people, than your age. good luck and have a great time.

Hi. My wife and I were 26 and 25, respectively when we headed to CSS for our first vacation (2 years ago) as our first break after our first child was born. We travelled with friends of ours who were the same age. Although it seemed like we were some of the younger people on the resort, we definitely weren't the only 20-somethings. There were plenty of people who were there for their wedding, honeymoon, guests at a wedding... I just think the demographic of most people on the message board might be just a little beyond their 20's on average. I've actually only looked at the message board for the first time over the past couple months because we're heading back to CSS in 1 month (our first break since baby #2).

The Couples experience is absolutely amazing!! Works well for us, as we're both people who enjoy time to relax and enjoy some quiet time. Hopefully we'll be able to keep heading to CSS every couple years to recharge our batteries.

Let me know if you have any particular questions. I'll do my best to give a 27 year old's perspective on things.

No, they will not welcome you, the 40 year olds usually seek out the 20 year olds and steal all their sun block.

I went to the mall last week and there were a lot of teenagers there, I thought they were going to take my pizza money, so I stripped off all my clothes and ran away. Damn the young whipper snappers!

If your focus is on spending quiet time with each other you will love it. Yes most couples will be older than you but the resort is so spread out you will not feel out of place. I think your sense is right about most couples being 40+. We are mid-40's and had a very relaxing time in March. I have do doubt you will be welcome! Enjoy!

Everyone will welcome you. Age is not a factor in my opinion. Have a great time when you go.

Never too young. We see couples of all ages. These are not the partying resorts but plenty to do and there is nightlife if you want to partake. If all you are looking for is a nice relaxing vacation that is inclusive of watersports & excursions, then book today! My husband is a diver and we cannot find, nor do we want to, a better deal anywhere. Depending which resort you select, you can go to Dunns River Falls, snorkeling, an evening cruise, glass bottom boat ride & diving for free. It is a great deal. 109 more nights & we will go back to our little piece of serenity.

We were married there at 24, and we weren't the youngest on property at CTI.

Default Yes

We are here now. Couples in early twenties up to 80's. The most are in the 30-40's
    One huge observation. SSB HAS 3 times the people on a 100 times the fun

There is no "Too Young" at couples. We(mid to late 50's) have met many people of all age groups and no one felt left out. It will be a great vacation for you. Enjoy!
    Duane & Mary

You will fit right in... and be Welcomed. Age never an issue at CSS.

Jeff and Susan
    CSS: 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010,
    2011, 2012, 2013
    CTI: 2009
    CN: 2011, 2015

Years back I used to do lots of theater (actor, director, producer, board member...you name it, I did it). An interesting observation was that when we were involved in a production, nothing else mattered but the production. It did not matter what the cast and crew did for a living, how much money they made, age, sex, whatever...the only thing that mattered is that we were all focused on the same thing.

I think a similar thing can be said for Couples. We are all there for similar reasons. All of the "baggage" (work, money, age, etc.) gets left at home. Take your own vacation, but I do recommend trying to let go of the unnecessary worries.

Default Welcome To Young Guests

We are planning our *first* Couples vacation to CSS for 4/5/2016-4/11/2016 for my husbands birthday ... He will be turning 28 and I am 26. ... Will they welcome us younger folk? Advice?
    If you want to know how well you will be welcomed, go to the 'au naturel' pool on your first day and you will see how easily the folks there will welcome you and make you a part of themselves. You will feel at home amongst all the ages immediately.

Of course, you must want to be friendly.
    Last edited by clydealp; May 29th, 2015 at 02:05 PM. Reason: To Correct Grammatical Errors

As me and my hubby do (we found Couples at age 28), you should feel blessed that you found Couples at this age, you now have the rest of your lives to return as often as possible!

CSS is laid back - perfect for relaxation and enjoying your partner. We started going to Couples when we were in our 20's too and made a deal to go back every five years (all we could afford)! Hopefully you're experience will lead you in that direction as well. Enjoy.

Every now and then someone will express concern about being a little too old. They are welcome and so are you. People are too busy having a good time to give it much thought, really.

Go and enjoy. My wife and I have been to all of the Couples resorts and we are 60.
    Last November we went to CSS and became close friends with a couple 30 years of age
    who are actually younger then our children. We had a great time with them