Default Question about getting the best deal

I've already booked my airfare to Jamaica and have spent the last month both trying to decide which resort to choose and waiting for a good promotion for our travel dates (April 25-29, 2015). The current deal and the previous were both for travel from now thru March 27th. I'm wondering if I should keep waiting for a promotion on travel in April, or book now with the current prices? I know that there is a "best deal guarantee," but I've read some conflicting information. On the website, it says that you have to contact them within 48 hours of booking if you find a better deal. Other places here on the message boards it seems that people have been able to get the "best deal" price at any time, even if 48 hours have passed since they booked. Does anyone have any experience with this and/or advice for me? I'm on a pretty tight budget, but I'm celebrating my anniversary so I definitely want to go someplace special! Thanks!

I have found it works any time there is a better deal. You need to email the offer (with proof like a copy of the email, page you found it, etc.). I book as soon as the new offers come out - then have them adjust when I find a better deal. They have always accommodated and made the change to the new price for me.

Deck1213,
    The current promotions are for travel through March 27, 2016. Thus you can book for your 2015 trip now.

The best deal promotion if two fold. First the 48 hours - if you find a cheaper price for exactly your same trip on a travel website within 48 hours of your booking, Couples will match that offer. See http://couples.com/best-deal-guarantee.php The best deal at any time is really because you can cancel your reservation anytime up to 45 days prior to the trip. So if Couples comes out with a cheaper rate, you can just cancel and re-book. (I think they will also just adjust your rate. That's what happened to us but they may have changed the policy since we used it.)

Hope this helps.

Kurt and Angela
    CN 2011, 2013, 2015, 2016
    CSS 2014, 2016

It is my understanding that in April the rates will drop. That is what we are waiting for.
    Julie and Bill

The deals are thru March 27th, 2016

Dave can usually get you a good deal at a Couples resort.

Happy anniversary!!!! We've called several months after booking because of the "best deal guarantee" , it was no problem, just a quick email and all was taken care of.

2 years ago I found a better price twice months after booking. Both times Couples matched the price.

I researched this for a few months, watched how the prices changed on the resort website and visited all the travel sites (priceline.com, travelocity, expedia, etc.) I found that these deals that the resort offers usually end up being the same price you would pay without the promotion if you choose one of the less expensive flights (one that has long layovers or you have to change planes twice, etc.) If you want the better flights there will be an option to get them for more money (which ends up being what it would have been without the promotion). After researching for months, I found the best deal on Priceline.com. it was about $600 cheaper than booking through the resort and still got the better flight with only one short layover. Priceline has a very large customer base and can negotiate better deals with the airlines. If you go to Priceline and choose "Vacation Packages" you can enter all your dates and it will give you a list of hotels, you can sort by cheapest or property type, etc. You can also see all the different flights/prices by clicking "change flight". Run several scenarios until you find what you want in your budget.

I will be surprised to see the rates drop. They are putting a lot of money into renovations. I hope they do drop. Sometimes they increase the rates and then offer a resort credit. I have also found a better deal and they matched it.

Thanks for the recommendation! I contacted the company recommended and they did find me a good deal! Haven't booked yet, but I plan to.

So, if I find a cheaper rate, which I have! Can I also get the military discount? That would be way awesome! Thank you deck1213 and jason b for your insight!

CSA 2009, 2014 [20th anniversary]
    CSS 2010
    CN 2011

Quote Originally Posted by wileeandrr View Post
    So, if I find a cheaper rate, which I have! Can I also get the military discount? That would be way awesome! Thank you deck1213 and jason b for your insight!

Here is a link with the details to the Military discount. It looks like you can get a discount on hotel only rates, but not off of rates that include free nights or resort credits, and not off of price matches from external sites.
    Is this Love that I'm feelin'?

CSS March 2013, April/May 2014
    CN April 2014

We are traveling in August and are awaiting a good deal, as well. Right now, we are staying for 6 days and are paying the same rates we paid for 11 days-- 2 years ago; we are keeping hope that a better deal will surface.
    Either way, we will be there.

Cheers to you all on your upcoming holidays.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnsue View Post
    I want to thank you for putting this name out there, I emailed him and his prices are significantly lower!! Now REALLY looking forward to our trip in November! Yay thanks!

Can you possible provide Dave's contact info and email me at brandysied@gmail.com please. Thank you

Hello, I would be interested in contacting Dave as well. Could you please email his contact info.? Platasol@live.com
    Thank you