Default Airport Traffic on Saturdays

OK This is our 4th trip back to CSA but this time we are arriving on a Saturday at 12:30. Can anyone tell me how busy the airport is and how long we can expect to wait in lines for customs etc.. I am tossing around the idea of buying Club MOBAY passes but not sure if we will really need them for the arrival part of the trip. In the past we have never had any problems with long lines on arrival. but also never have arrived on the weekend. WE also fly out on a Sunday 3:30. Any thoughts on Sunday departures? Any input is greatly appreciated.

CSA-2007
    CSA-2008
    CSA-2011
    CSA-2013

Soon Come (64 days)

I never flew in on a saturday...but what you could do is check the saturday prior at the arrivals to get a sense of planes landing in your timeframe.

I have flown out on saturdays and sundays at 4pm departure, getting to the airport around 2, and we walked right up to security no lines. And this was April so the end of high season. We did have club mobay but for the lounge access, as it doesn't really help with security.

We ALWAYS come in to MBJ on Saturday around noon..... Dont toss around the idea of Club Mobay arrival DO IT!! you will not be sorry. It is always a crap shoot but it is so worth it when you come down the ramp and see a couple of hundred people waiting in line! Departing is up to you, Ive done it. no big deal there. I could go either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodbridgeata View Post
    We ALWAYS come in to MBJ on Saturday around noon..... Dont toss around the idea of Club Mobay arrival DO IT!! you will not be sorry. It is always a crap shoot but it is so worth it when you come down the ramp and see a couple of hundred people waiting in line! Departing is up to you, Ive done it. no big deal there. I could go either way.
    We went to CSS in March. We hadn't been back to JA in awhile and from what I've heard, it's a pretty new service. We arrived on Sat around 1pm. Departed around 1pm the following Sat. We booked the Club MoBay passes both ways. SOOOOO glad we did. I'd say for a Sat and arriving anytime other than early AM, I'd get the passes. The line was going up the ramp! We were through and at the lounge in about 10 minutes total. Going through the line would have been at least 1 1/2 hours. And that's not adding customs. The departure was nice as well for the speed of going through security... there was a line that passed the front entrance of the airport so I'm sure it would have taken awhile. And the lounge in there is nice and free food/drinks.

For me, it's worth it. Even if the lines were short. But we always come in on Sat and leave on Sat. I just see it as an additional cost for my trip. Like trip insurance. And the petsitter bill! I put it in the budget.
    Linda & Nick
    CSA - Oct 2004 (for our wedding!!!)
    CN - March 2006, Nov 2013
    CSS - March 2013

It really depends upon the time of the year, Aug-Nov, the airport is not that busy on weekends, during high season the weekends can be quite busy. We usually go between September and the end of November and have never needed the pass.

Last year when we arrived in early Sept we had to wait only about 15 minutes to get through immigration and then had to wait 20 minutes for our bags to get there and 0 minutes at customs and then about 15 minutes in the Couples Lounge.

2 weeks ago, 10 minutes in immigration, our bags were there, 0 minutes in customs and 15 minutes at the Couples Lounge.

We arrive on the 11:30 USAirways flight on Mondays or tuesdays.

When we left on Sunday 2 weeks ago our flight was at 2:30 and there was nobody in line at the check in desk and security. They had us at the airport at 12:15. They said to be in the lobby of CTI at 9:15, 5 HOURS before our flight left, the front desk said that airlines wanted you there 3 hours prior and it would take 2 hours to get to the airport. It only took 90 minutes to get to the airport and the airport was empty so we had to find something to do for 3 hours.

Mobay club does allow you to skip the long security lines on departure. It would have been a waste of $$ for us in both directions this time of year.

I have seen the lines very long and it did take 2 hours on a Sunday in late January.

Immigration times have gotten MUCH better in the past few years. Even if you skip the lines in Immigration you might have to wait on your bags or when you get to the Couples Lounge you still might have to wait. If you are the first one at the lounge from your plane you will still have to wait until they have enough people to fill up the bus before leaving for the resort.

If we start going again in January or February on weekends then I would probably spring for the pass.

I Don't know what to expect second saturday in November but at $160 for both ways, I figure its a small price to reduce the pain of travel. I have not been to Sangster in over 10 years but we liked to shop on the departure for duty free goodies and coffee. with the service we'll know we have time.

I guess I should clarify. We fly in on Saturday Dec 14 at 12:30 pm. We have always traveled in Dec but never arrived on a Saturday. We depart on Sunday the 22nd at 3:30 pm.

Bargamon, you will not even recognize the airport, they have made so many changes there.

There are jetways now when you get off the plane and a pretty good walk to an upgraded immigration area, baggage area is very nice with electronic signs, the Couples lounge is very nice now

The departure area is completely different with new shops, many restaurants, a nice departure lounge, wireless internet.

The front of the airport still looks the same but the inside is modern now.

Quote Originally Posted by kdgangl View Post
    I guess I should clarify. We fly in on Saturday Dec 14 at 12:30 pm. We have always traveled in Dec but never arrived on a Saturday. We depart on Sunday the 22nd at 3:30 pm.
    We're on the same schedule! I went ahead and booked Mobay. We've only arrived on Fridays in November before, so I was concerned that a Dec. Sat would be crowded. It's definitely possible that it will be money wasted, but my husband doesn't handle lines well. I figured it was worth the $ to avoid even the chance of having to wait in a long line that will make him grumpy. I guess we'll find out for next time.

Thank you for posting this question! We are flying down in MAY 2014 on a Saturday and I was wondering about Club MoBay as well. My hubby says, "no big deal, we're on vaca" but I'm not a good or patient line waiter" - I'm so torn on this. We depart on a Friday so I'm not as worried about that, but arrival - I'm just not sure. If anyone has suggestions for me, please feel free! Any info is helpful for this first timer! Thanks!

We booked Club Mobay for our last trip in April with a Saturday arrival and, boy, are we glad we did! There were 4 other flights that arrived around the same time as we did and we just waltzed right past all of them standing in line. It was great and well worth the money!

On the other hand, even though the departure lounge was very nice, it was pretty crowded and, in my opinion, it wasn't really needed.

We definitely would book for another Saturday arrival. However, our next trip is on a Wednesday and hopefully it won't be so busy! If anyone knows first hand how busy Wednesdays are let me know!
    CSS 2010
    CSS 2013
    CSS 2014

We just got back from our trip, arrived Saturday, October 12. We were scheduled to arrive around 12:45PM, but actually arrived about 1:30PM due to plane issues. It was AWFUL! If I could go back in time and buy Club MoBay I would! We waited in line at least 3 hours...it was hot, we were thirsty, people were grouchy. It was a horrific experience and I will probably always buy the Club MoBay no matter when we arrive.
    Stephanie

We used Club Mobay last Saturday Oct 19. We also arrived on American about 12:45PM. I think we were the only ones using Club Mobay at that time. Yes the airport seemed very busy. We were able to go to the front of the line. Club Mobay has a arrival lounge right next to the Couples lounge. I think we were at the lounge in about 15 minutes. In my opinion it was money well spent.

We are also using the departure option when we leave next Saturday.
    Richard

CSS November 2010
    CSS October 2013

Bump