Default Her name is Couples

I’ve been away to long. Realistically, it’s only been six and a half months. I know that so many people wait much much longer. But whether it’s been six months or six years, any time spent away from her presence, is to long
    Anytime one must trudge through their day to day routine, without seeing her beauty, without feeling her warmth, without hearing her gently swaying rhythms, and inhaling the marvelous aromas that surround her, is time spent in isolation. Unable to be embraced by her ever welcoming and loving arms. Unable to see her beautiful smile or to hear her laughter.

That’s what time away from her sandy shores and tropical splendors can do to someone, once they have met this ageless beauty. Her captivating personality and charm is evident everywhere. She surrounds herself with men and women who have been charged with executing only the finest of care and consideration for each and every fortunate individual who passes under her portico. Her hospitality is unrivaled. She proudly carries on with dignity and devoted service for over sixty-five years.
    Her name is Couples.

From her humble beginnings back in 1948, this venerable hostess has left her undeniable signature and unforgettable moments on thousands of couples, young and old from many countries around the world.
    Those magical memories that we all cherish, those times of laughter and play, great friends and great stories, sumptuous food and delicious beverages, live on for days and months and even years in our minds and hearts.
    As each of us cope with all that we have to contend with “at home”, not to be confused with “back home”, when we are able to find a quiet moment during our hectic schedules, and we can close our eyes for a few brief heartbeats, we can conjure up hundreds of tranquil, blissful, exhilarating images that existed on a far away island in the West Indies.

With that story book place firmly embedded in every fiber of our bodies, we can reach out in any direction and recapture an afternoon spent by the seashore. Lying on the lounger, holding hands with your partner. Contentment and an inner peace, unheard of anywhere else.
    Or perhaps our minds may take us to a sultry night, where we spent the evening under the moonlit sky. Marveling at the thousands of twinkling and blinking stars overhead. “…..in the sky with diamonds”.

These all to brief encounters that we can visit in our minds eye, are, without a doubt, an even less than poor substitute for the sand between your toes feeling.
    However, from a practical or more realistic point of view, all we really have when we are not “there”, is “here”. And we all know that being “here” is no where near the phantasmagorical time we have when we are “there”. Oh yah, that’s the truth.

I would imagine that everyone has to contend with emptiness and loneliness that comes as a result of a visit “back home”. When “our time in the wonderful sun, swimming, playing, being happy” turns into “our time we are forced to labor in deep, dark, dank, dingy, depressing place we often refer to as “home and work”. Yin and Yang.

I know that there is a crap load of “stuff” that we all have to do, in order to make our dreams a reality. Hard “stuff”, distasteful “stuff“, “I don’t want to do this “stuff” stuff. But we have few options. We are driven by insatiable desires of pleasures. We have tasted the fruits of paradise, and we must, we just must return.

I hope for any of you that have already had the incredibly overwhelming experience of an encounter with any of the four, closely related, yet dynamically diverse sisters, have found your own ways of filling the days and weeks and, unfortunately, sometimes even years, that we must wait until our next romantic adventure will begin again. I hope your “interventions” or “diversions” make life a bit, just a teeny, tiny bit, more “livable”. Keep the countdowns coming. Keep the carrot way out in front of you and chase it. It’s a reason to keep going.

And then there are the rest of you lucky couples who are planning their “first time”, or even better, plans made and you have a “countdown”. Whoa! You guys are probably chomping at the bit. You read and consume every word on the MB. Seeing how much fun each couple had on their trip to what they used to think was just a “fantasy island”. Enjoying what others have written. Heightening your excitement. As though you weren’t excited enough. I know. Believe me. I know.

Well my uninitiated friends, your time will arrive, eventually. Your hopes and dreams for fabulous time will happen. And you will go forth, as hundreds, even thousands have gone before you, to be amazed, thrilled, blown away, overwhelmed, yadda yadda yadda. It will be so much more than a “vacation”. Even words can not adequately describe what awaits you on that tiny island of Jamaica. It will be an experience that you will speak of, and remember for a very long time. It will bring smiles to your faces and warm feelings in your hearts.

So ‘welcome to the family’ neophytes. The sunlit beauty that has, for so long, kept watch over this tiny cove lined with huge coral rock and Mangrove trees, will be there to usher you into the sunlight that streams through the wall of glass in front of you. With her large glass French doors wide open, you will feel the tropical trade winds filling the lobby with a refreshing breeze. And your mouths will hang open, your eyes frantically trying to take it all in, as you and yours finally meet this mysterious matron, and she welcomes you to her home.

Say hello. Her name is Couples.

Quote Originally Posted by Crabracer View Post
    I’ve been away to long. Realistically, it’s only been six and a half months. I know that so many people wait much much longer. But whether it’s been six months or six years, any time spent away from her presence, is to long
    Anytime one must trudge through their day to day routine, without seeing her beauty, without feeling her warmth, without hearing her gently swaying rhythms, and inhaling the marvelous aromas that surround her, is time spent in isolation. Unable to be embraced by her ever welcoming and loving arms. Unable to see her beautiful smile or to hear her laughter.

That’s what time away from her sandy shores and tropical splendors can do to someone, once they have met this ageless beauty. Her captivating personality and charm is evident everywhere. She surrounds herself with men and women who have been charged with executing only the finest of care and consideration for each and every fortunate individual who passes under her portico. Her hospitality is unrivaled. She proudly carries on with dignity and devoted service for over sixty-five years.
    Her name is Couples.

From her humble beginnings back in 1948, this venerable hostess has left her undeniable signature and unforgettable moments on thousands of couples, young and old from many countries around the world.
    Those magical memories that we all cherish, those times of laughter and play, great friends and great stories, sumptuous food and delicious beverages, live on for days and months and even years in our minds and hearts.
    As each of us cope with all that we have to contend with “at home”, not to be confused with “back home”, when we are able to find a quiet moment during our hectic schedules, and we can close our eyes for a few brief heartbeats, we can conjure up hundreds of tranquil, blissful, exhilarating images that existed on a far away island in the West Indies.

With that story book place firmly embedded in every fiber of our bodies, we can reach out in any direction and recapture an afternoon spent by the seashore. Lying on the lounger, holding hands with your partner. Contentment and an inner peace, unheard of anywhere else.
    Or perhaps our minds may take us to a sultry night, where we spent the evening under the moonlit sky. Marveling at the thousands of twinkling and blinking stars overhead. “…..in the sky with diamonds”.

These all to brief encounters that we can visit in our minds eye, are, without a doubt, an even less than poor substitute for the sand between your toes feeling.
    However, from a practical or more realistic point of view, all we really have when we are not “there”, is “here”. And we all know that being “here” is no where near the phantasmagorical time we have when we are “there”. Oh yah, that’s the truth.

I would imagine that everyone has to contend with emptiness and loneliness that comes as a result of a visit “back home”. When “our time in the wonderful sun, swimming, playing, being happy” turns into “our time we are forced to labor in deep, dark, dank, dingy, depressing place we often refer to as “home and work”. Yin and Yang.

I know that there is a crap load of “stuff” that we all have to do, in order to make our dreams a reality. Hard “stuff”, distasteful “stuff“, “I don’t want to do this “stuff” stuff. But we have few options. We are driven by insatiable desires of pleasures. We have tasted the fruits of paradise, and we must, we just must return.

I hope for any of you that have already had the incredibly overwhelming experience of an encounter with any of the four, closely related, yet dynamically diverse sisters, have found your own ways of filling the days and weeks and, unfortunately, sometimes even years, that we must wait until our next romantic adventure will begin again. I hope your “interventions” or “diversions” make life a bit, just a teeny, tiny bit, more “livable”. Keep the countdowns coming. Keep the carrot way out in front of you and chase it. It’s a reason to keep going.

And then there are the rest of you lucky couples who are planning their “first time”, or even better, plans made and you have a “countdown”. Whoa! You guys are probably chomping at the bit. You read and consume every word on the MB. Seeing how much fun each couple had on their trip to what they used to think was just a “fantasy island”. Enjoying what others have written. Heightening your excitement. As though you weren’t excited enough. I know. Believe me. I know.

Well my uninitiated friends, your time will arrive, eventually. Your hopes and dreams for fabulous time will happen. And you will go forth, as hundreds, even thousands have gone before you, to be amazed, thrilled, blown away, overwhelmed, yadda yadda yadda. It will be so much more than a “vacation”. Even words can not adequately describe what awaits you on that tiny island of Jamaica. It will be an experience that you will speak of, and remember for a very long time. It will bring smiles to your faces and warm feelings in your hearts.

So ‘welcome to the family’ neophytes. The sunlit beauty that has, for so long, kept watch over this tiny cove lined with huge coral rock and Mangrove trees, will be there to usher you into the sunlight that streams through the wall of glass in front of you. With her large glass French doors wide open, you will feel the tropical trade winds filling the lobby with a refreshing breeze. And your mouths will hang open, your eyes frantically trying to take it all in, as you and yours finally meet this mysterious matron, and she welcomes you to her home.

Say hello. Her name is Couples.
    Wow!

You are making my last 28 sleeps before I go seem like an eternity! =)

I love threads like this and the other "Couples Addicts" topics. It just keeps reaffirming to me and my wife we made the right choice for our first trip to Jamaica. We can't wait. (great post btw, it felt almost poetic).

Well spoken Rich! You have painted a most beautiful picture in my minds eye! We will "be home soon".

IM reading but if I can have a slow "Issac Hayes background instrumental"........yeah, and then read the post in a serenade then it starts to make sense.

Maybe some Barry White works better.........."have some truffles my dear Couples............"

This is getting weird.

Bamelin Your first trip. It will be one of your most memorable experiences. It will envelop you. You will be enamored.

In 19 days, less by the time this post, we will be returning for our 36 visit to CTI. Our first was in 1995 and we've never looked back. I have no doubts that you will both have a grand time.

Richie

I know what you mean, we think about her all the time and can't wait to get back to see her in April 2014

Your words explain why we continue coming, year/bi-yearly, for the last 12 years. Love, love, love Couples! CTI, see you for anniversary!!