Thread: Back from CTI

Default Back from CTI

Submitted the following review to trip advisor and should be posted soon. We usually go to CSS but after 4 trips in 5 years we wanted to change it up a bit. We were not disappointed - we really enjoyed CTI but still like CSS better. Happy to answer any questions.

We recently returned from an 8 day stay at Couples Tower Island. We last stayed at this resort 10 years ago and in the interim the resort underwent a major remodel to make it a substantially new experience this time around. Overall we had a fantastic stay and would return again.

We completed the pre-check in prior to our arrival and our room was stocked with the mini bar items we requested. In addition we were given our repeaters gift, dinner invitation and confirmation of our resort credits when we checked in. Our room, a one bedroom suite (3216), had a spectacular view of the beach and the island and was far enough away from the main lobby so as not to be loud but close enough to be very convenient. The room included only basic toiletries: lotion, soap, shower gel and a “conditioning” shampoo. Wi-Fi was free across the resort and we had an excellent signal throughout the lobby, halls, beach area and on our balcony, unfortunately we were not able to receive a signal inside our room. We were content to check email and keep up with home on the balcony so this was not a problem.

We had no issues getting reservations for any of the restaurants. We never did eat at the patio for dinner (not a fan of buffets) but we ate at all the others at least twice. Eight Rivers (which requires long pants and closed shoes for gentlemen) was by far the best meal. The others were excellent as well but Eight Rivers really blows them away. The setting over the water at Bayside can’t be beat and the Pad Thai was very good as well. The Veranda was also quite nice although it could be quite crowded as it does not require reservations. We did use our resort credits for a private dinner on the island one night. At $240 it includes a photo in a frame and a menu that featured steak and lobster and can be customized. Dinner starts with champagne and canapés on the dock before the 2 minute boat ride to the island. We were the only ones on the island that night and it was very special and romantic being all alone out there. The wait staff is very discrete so you really experience the privacy of the island.

Breakfast at the patio each day is largely the same but offered a wide variety including a breakfast pizza which is our new favorite. The beach grill was just ok – I did not care for their jerk sauce (sweet when it should be spicy) so we wound up at the Patio buffet most days for lunch. The Veggie Bar is great for a quick snack of chips and dips and smoothies. I did fall in love with popcorn on the beach afternoon from the Beach Grill. Room service and minibar service was always prompt. The food arrived hot although the drinks and champagne did not always arrive cold.

The beach is small but adequate. I did notice quite a few lounge chairs without the floatable cushions, I do hope that is remedies soon as it was difficult to find one some afternoons. There is not a ton shade on the beach, the palm trees don’t give much shade until afternoon and the canvas shade structures are back from the water over the third row of loungers. The water was a bit rough the first half of our trip but was calm and beautiful the last few days. As you step into the water there is a patch that is a bit rocky but only enough that you needed to step with care not enough to need water shoes. The water also gets deep very quickly; I am on the shorter side and was over my head about 15 feet from shore. We never spent any time at the pools or on the island so I cannot comment on those.

The spa is very nice set amongst the trees and plants in the front of the resort. We had 2 couples’s massages which were very nice and relaxing but would not be confused with a deep tissue or therapeutic massage. We found the hot tubs to be way to hot but there is a men’s and women’s available and the Buddha pool was very picturesque but we never saw anyone use it.

We also managed to squeeze in 9 dives during our trip. The dive team was first rate. Colin led most of the dives, and while a little disorganized, I can truly say that I do not believe I have ever met someone who so obviously loves his job before. Every day was a joy; he really cared about each and every diver and made sure everyone, regardless of skill level, was comfortable and enjoyed the dive. The rest of the dive crew Chris and Linc were very personable as well. They learned your name quickly and called out to you whenever you ran into them.

The overall layout of the resort is very compact which lends it more to socializing as you tended to run into people over and over again. We had a couple of minor issues but nothing that detracted from our stay. We found the staff to be the friendliest of any Jamaican resort we have visited. We returned from our week relaxed, tanned and happy.

Amy

Thanks for the review! Were massage available outside? also, were there limes available at the resort? thx

No massages outside, limes available at all bars.

Amy

You can get a massage outside overlooking the water but it was more expensive than a massage in the spa

OOps - they did not offer that as on option for us. If you did choose that I don't think it would be very private.

Amy

this is where they do the outside massages, if you are facing the swim-up bar pool it is to the left.

I had one there last year at almost dark, it is not that private but they do pull down the sides of the tent but the pool bar can get a bit noisy right before closing.Name:  CTI MAS.jpg
Views: 573
Size:  297.5 KB

They will do twilight massages outside over at the spa.

Thanks for the info!