Default CSA old and new sides of resort???

People talk about the old and the new sides at CSA but I was wondering which side is which and what is the difference.
    Which end of the resort is anybodys favourite.
    Only 82 days and we can find out for ourselves.

Easiest way to put it - buildings closer to the Palms / Lobby are "old" and buildings further on down the way (south I believe) are "new". The new side has been around long enough that it's not glaringly obvious w/ the grounds and vegetation coming through. We tend to prefer the new side only because we are just a little further away from the main 'hub' if you will of the resort. The rooms are all good. All clean. No matter where you end up, you'll be at CSA which is a really good place to be.

Old side = more foliage and two story villas, closest to the Palms and Lemongrass.
    New side = less foliage and three story buildings, closest the swim up bar, Patois Patio, Piano Bar and Aura Lounge.

"Olde" side is closer to The Palms. None of the rooms have TVs (although they all have iPod docking systems).

New side is closer to Patois, etc., and rooms all have the word "Verandah" in their titles. These rooms all have a TV.

We've stayed on both sides of the resort (we were actually the first guests in the very first BFVS room opened up on that side of the resort - cool)!

Our preference is for the olde side, as we find it to be a bit quieter, and since we bring our computers and some movies, we don't feel a need for TV (although back when the resort broadcast the local Negril channels, we really loved a 1/2 hour elementary school quiz show that was on as we were getting ready for dinner).

Enjoy!

Thanks for that. Now I get it. I'll just wait and see where we end up but as I have asked if possible to be closer to the scuba hut it looks like we may end up in the older side. We have a GVS booked and 2nd Jan cant come soon enough.

We prefer and always book the BFVS, ground floor. We love that the beach is only steps away from our verandah and that we can return to the room during the day without having to walk up stairs. We also love the grill for lunch or order pizza from Patios and take it to our verandah to eat.

Evenings are nice to visit Lemongrass and the Martini Bar. I'm not wild about the main dining area........too big and loud. (imo)

There is really nothing that we don't like about CSA, but there are certainly things we prefer. Booked for Jan. 25........can't wait !

Just for perspective, they started builing the "new" side around 2004/2005. The Greathouse was completed around 2006.

GE - we arrive on January 25! Hope to see you there.

Vonpat, if you're interested, I have a few pics from older side gvs . Email me at clemonssara40@gmail.com to see what you might be in for. We actually love the older gvs. Have a great trip

Quote Originally Posted by gonegril View Post
    "Olde" side is closer to The Palms. None of the rooms have TVs (although they all have iPod docking systems).

New side is closer to Patois, etc., and rooms all have the word "Verandah" in their titles. These rooms all have a TV.

We've stayed on both sides of the resort (we were actually the first guests in the very first BFVS room opened up on that side of the resort - cool)!

Our preference is for the olde side, as we find it to be a bit quieter, and since we bring our computers and some movies, we don't feel a need for TV (although back when the resort broadcast the local Negril channels, we really loved a 1/2 hour elementary school quiz show that was on as we were getting ready for dinner).

Enjoy!
    We have stayed in a gvs in old side (which we prefer) 3 times and always had a TV. Its just the atrium and beachfront that don't have the tvs on the old side.

Quote Originally Posted by rachlm927 View Post
    We have stayed in a gvs in old side (which we prefer) 3 times and always had a TV. Its just the atrium and beachfront that don't have the tvs on the old side.
    Oh yes, you're right. These are the old Garden Suites which I guess became Garden Verandah Suites....I stand corrected.

Old people stay in the "old" side. Young people stay in the "new" side. We are old so we stay in the old side of the resort. Ok. Thats not it. We just like the old side of the resort better.

Life is good

Love this response, Beach-Bum! We always stay on the old side as we love the atrium suites and have no need for tv when in paradise. The one time we were next to the three story building it was very noisy due to a large wedding party.

We greatly prefer the old side! My husband and I would just spend time walking through the paths that wind through the resort. It was especially enjoyable at night. We were there for our wedding moon for 10 nights and never once missed a TV. I was 39 when I was at CSA...who you calling old beach-bum? lol
    CSA - May 2012
    CN - May 2013
    CSS - October 2013

Do you want to feel like you are staying in a hotel type all rooms connected building (new side) or would you prefer the beach villa feel of smaller free standing buildings surrounded by pathways and tropical plantings and palm trees (old side)? Old side has windows in Atrium and beachfront suites with no glass. Just screens and wooden louvers for privacy and airflow but the sounds of Jamaica at night come into your room. No TVs in those rooms with no glass as who wants to watch TV anyway or listen to their neighbors choice of shows well into the night? Try to get them to put you closer to the middle of the resort if possible to avoid noise from the Palms Restaurant at breakfast or evening if you stay in the old section.
    We stay in nothing but the Premier Beachfront Suites and love the experience,. Ya mon!

Thank for all the replies. I am now clearer on the differences and can't wait to arrive in 74 days(not that I'm counting). Having been to CTI twice and CN twice we are looking forward to experiencing 7 mile beach and CSA.

Quote Originally Posted by rckbert View Post
    DOld side has windows in Atrium and beachfront suites with no glass. Just screens and wooden louvers for privacy and airflow but the sounds of Jamaica at night come into your room. No TVs in those rooms with no glass as who wants to watch TV anyway or listen to their neighbors choice of shows well into the night?
    The atrium suites do not have windows either. The only windows are on the door and around the "atrium" in the center that divides the rooms.

To clarify, the atrium suites have WINDOWS on all walls, but the only GLASS is on the French patio doors and on the windows facing the opposite room. All windows hav louvre red shutters...the non-glassed ones are screened. Amazing to let in a breeze and the magnificent sound of the tree frogs at night. If you close the shutters, the a/c is perfect. There are pull down shades on the French doors.