Default Couples Swept Away Atrium Suite Advice

Hi, we are heading to Couples Swept Away, our first time in Jamaica, next December. We booked the Atrium suite, but want to call in to request a certain room. We want one with a bit more privacy and a hammock. I keep reading about getting a 2nd floor one for privacy. Any advice on which rooms to request? Any specific room numbers? Have you stayed in the Atrium, and if so, like it? Thanks!!

Couples does not do specific room requests. You can request the 2nd floor and they will try to accommodate you, if one is available when you check in. This room category is very popular and often fully booked. I am sure you will enjoy whichever of atriums are available when you arrive. They are popular for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by orangehills View Post
    Hi, we are heading to Couples Swept Away, our first time in Jamaica, next December. We booked the Atrium suite, but want to call in to request a certain room. We want one with a bit more privacy and a hammock. I keep reading about getting a 2nd floor one for privacy. Any advice on which rooms to request? Any specific room numbers? Have you stayed in the Atrium, and if so, like it? Thanks!!
    I'm sure I won't be the first to reply and say that you can't call in and request a specific room ahead of checkin. You can, however, request a specific room number or location when you are there in person and checking in.

I believe there are one or two Atriums near the beach that don't have hammocks, the rest of them do. If you want the added privacy, I would definitely recommend getting a 2nd floor suite.

We love the Atrium. Have stayed in them 3 out of 4 trips and will stay in one again on our next trip in 268 days. The Good news is all Atriums have hammocks, the bad news is you can not request a room until you get there. Once you get there you can ask and they will do everything they can to make you happy. Second floor is a little more private however, on the first floor if you order room service ( breakfast only) they just put it on the patio and knock on the door. Its a small thing but nice not to have to jump up/cover up and let them in.

IMHO don't worry about room numbers, if you get to the resort and it isn't available your setting yourself up for disappointment. Any room is a good room as long as your at CSA.

December of this year, or 2014?

2014. Thanks for the responses! Good to know, we won't worry at all then and just put a request in when we get there. I'm sure any room will be nice though!

We've stayed on both the 1st and 2nd floor Atrium rooms. The 2nd floor is indeed private, but you should also know that the bathroom wall does not go to the top of the vaulted ceiling (not a problem for us, but give some TA reviews, it has been for some).

The 1st floor rooms are also really nice - for additional privacy there are sailcloth curtains that can be lowered on all 3 sides of the verandah, which effectively shuts out the afternoon light as well as providing a bit of privacy.

I'm pretty sure you can't go wrong with either room!

Enjoy!!

Our Travel Agent always requests a second floor room for us.
    So far, so good. In 6 trips we have always had second floor. And we have stayed in Garden Suites, Garden Verandah (one and the same category now I think), Beachfront and Atrium.

We love atriums and have always wanted and had second floor ( actually first floor in our money) for the reasons you suggest. Last time we had a ground floor, were disappointed but ended up loving it.

Ground floor has a real charm all of its own - down there right in the tropical foliage, walk in straight through the back garden door, walk straight off veranda for drinks top ups. The verandas all are on the garden side and not near the main front paths. so privacy is not really an issue.

second v ground? honestly it's win:win.

Default Atrium Suite Room 2222

Quote Originally Posted by muck View Post
    I'm sure I won't be the first to reply and say that you can't call in and request a specific room ahead of checkin. You can, however, request a specific room number or location when you are there in person and checking in.

I believe there are one or two Atriums near the beach that don't have hammocks, the rest of them do. If you want the added privacy, I would definitely recommend getting a 2nd floor suite.

We just returned from Couples Swept Away. We were there from Sept. 10th - 15th. We stayed in an Atrium suite and loved it. Our room number was 2222. Steps away from the lobby and view of the ocean and beach. It was a second floor suite and plenty private. The balcony was massive and the hammock was phenomenal.

scottandjen63004

CTI 2011
    CSA 2013
    CSS 346 days from todayName:  100_2155.jpg
Views: 430
Size:  302.2 KB

As everyone has said, you can't request certain room numbers or floor. Second floor is what we always want, as we love the high ceilings and privacy. All atrium suites do NOT have the large balcony and hammock...there are a few with a very narrow balcony and only and upright chair (we had one of these in 2011). It also had a winding metal staircase which was tough to navigate at times. . Every atrium suite otherwise (we go twice a year) ....amazing! Don't worry about room numbers and enjoy paradise!