Hybrid View

Default 3 sleeps until first CSS!!!

Hi team,

Only three nights (or more importantly two days of work) until we depart Nashville for CSS for our first couples vacation. Excited for so many reasons, my wife and I both NEED this vacation. Have so many questions, but being this close, probably best to wait.

--Have read the weather, despite Weather.com saying its going to rain every day, will still be awesome. Comments?
    --Have a one bdrm ocean suite booked, but was hoping to take a peek at the oceanfront suite. Have no problem paying for an upgrade as long as the view is still nice. Is this usually an options, esp considering its "low" season?
    --Any other advice??? I am a type 1 diabetic and am a bit worried about both the low carb cocktail options and medical care (God forbid!!), but I'm sure it will be fine. I can drink some sugar, but high sugar drinks are out.

Can't wait. Cheers.

Sounds like we will be there the same time! We arrive Sunday the 20th, also our first time to CSS or any couples for that matter. We will be the couple at about 2:30 at the beach grill eating lunch in matching t-shirts! lol
    They say not to worry about the forecast, it's a tropical climate and the showers don't last long! Someone on here said consider it liquid sunshine.
    I don't know about the upgrades but I am sure they will accommodate you if they are able to.
    See you soon!
    Brenda & Andy
    5 more sleeps until toes in the sand!

we arrive on the 20th as well We've been before and you're going to love it! you will return too

My husband and I will be arriving 10/19 - 10/27 for our first trip to CSS - we were married at CTI in 2010.

When I looked online about a month ago, it said there were no rooms available during the week we are staying. We too had hoped to upgrade, using our resort credits. We are like you though, and are so in need of vacation, we'll take whatever room we get. (We are booked in Deluxe Ocean Verandah)

I am "pre-diabetic" so I try to eat low sugar. I am bringing the small squeeze bottles of crystal light flavoring that can be added to water. I plan to add it to club soda and rum or vodka for flavoring.

As for the weather, I'm hoping we end up with the typical Caribbean mid afternoon showers preceded and followed by sunshine. But I imagine, I will muscle through and find a way to have fun/relax/enjoy my vacation even if it rains some.

Have a wonderful vacation.
    Kelly & Troy
    CTI 2010
    CSS 2013
    CN 2015

Us too!

Two more sleeps and then on Thursday night we head to the airport for our redeye to Miami and then off to MBJ. Hopefully by Friday at 1:00 we will be heading down the CSS steps to claim a floatie and head out to the ocean!

It looks like we will have lots of co-travelers!! I will be wearing a khaki fedora... some of the time!

We will be arriving on Friday the 18th, staying until the 28th and plan to spend most of our time on SSB. We booked at the first of the year and will be staying beachfront and this will be our 2nd visit. Those of you who are arriving for the first time are going to LOVE it! Last year was the most amazing vacation thanks to CSS. We booked in January for this current trip and already booked for October 2014. Don't worry about the weather, the island needs liquid sunshine to remain so beautiful. Temps are usually warm, in the 80's and you will notice some humidity Breathe deep, relax, slow you thoughts down to "island time" and let CSS' magic work.
    Gene and Jeanne
    CSS October 2012
    CSS October 2013
    CSS October 2014....Soon come!!