Default Golf Costs Negril Hills

Ok, we are making our 6th trip in a 5 days, along with 2 other couples. I played golf alone on my first trip in 2009, and now 2 of the others want to play, so I am not sure of a few things, even after reading the golf costs.

If anyone can answer or confirm my observations I would appreciate it.

Golf Cart $35, so if 2 of us use it, that is the total cost the way I read it. Is this correct?

Since there will be 3, I understand the caddie is for the cart and is $14 so that is $7 per person, Correct?
    One person will have to pay $14 by themselves. Guess we will draw straws.

Tipping the Caddy, I tipped $20 by myself and thought that was very generous for 18 holes. Would this still be an appropriate tip for 2 of us, or would we each tip that amount or like amount? What does other people do?

Golf clubs, as I recall they were not much, but they were usable. It says they are $18. I paid higher, but I got a choice of prices. It also says they have left handed, which one of my group is left handed. Anyone out there able to affirm this?

What we talked about doing, since there are 3 of us, was to add the total cost to play for all of us and divide by 3. That way we are all sharing in the expense of having an odd player. Well we are all odd I guess.

We are not taking our clubs for 1 round, only tees, balls, ball marks and divot repair tools. So if I am adding up the projected costs correctly, the total should come to about $148 for 3, or about $50 each. Sound right?

Sadly now there are only one other couple going, so the costs are halved.

Quote Originally Posted by smroot View Post
    $50. a piece sounds about right. Depending on how your caddie is you could tip more or less. I had one caddie that took his job seriously and really knew the course and after watching me hit a half dozen balls on the range with various clubs would just hand me a club, at first I doubted him, but after the first couple holes realized he was smarter than me. Needless to say he got a double tip and two sleeves of Pro-Vs. Remember to bring Golf shoes and if inclined a glove. Hope this helps

Default Negril Golf Course

Quote Originally Posted by smroot View Post
    I played there last March as a single. I don't remember the cost of the power cart or caddy, but I think your numbers are low.
    I rented some R11 clubs and it had a couple of Callaway woods in the set. They give you a choice of clubs ( about 3 $ levels).
    the lady in the pro shop asked if I needed any balls or tees. I did bring a single sleeve,a golf glove, and a hand full of tees. She strongly suggested buying another 1/2 dozen used balls for about $5. Excellent suggestion!! lol . I played the used balls and lost 4 of them (9 hdcp).
    The caddy was cool. We got to first tee, and they hadn't paired me up with anyone, so he asked if I minded if he played with me, no problem mon. So he goes and grabs his clubs and away we go. We had a blast. Turns out he's a pretty decent golfer. I think I shoot an 85 and he was 87. This course is bizzare. the elevation changes are incredible. I would highly recommend the power cart.
    The hill up to the first green is mountian goat insane. Took a 3W and 5 iron to just barely make the front fringe on 370 yards!
    I asked him what a normal tip is for one bag for 18 and he suggested $30. I did pay that only because we had such a great time. In retrospect it seems a little high considering he's riding and playing with me. Whatever, it was a good day. Hoping to return Feb '14 for 10 days and this time I'm taking my own clubs. I am eager to to try this crazy golf course again.
    Back to your original inquiry- did you try emailing the golf course directly for info?
    cheers