Default Couples Barbados to Sandals

My fiance and I have our honeymoon planned for Nov 4 to Nov 11. The 'transition' to Sandals is supposed to be on Nov 6. Does anyone know how that transition is going to go down? Are they getting new staff? Or is it purely an ownership change?

Worried

Another good question is what happens to your reservations for Nov 6-11th. Sandals will own the property at that point, and Couples has said several times that previous bookings will be respected through Nov 6. Period. They haven't given any details of how people already there and in the middle of their stay will be handled.
    Since they dropped this bomb on a Friday, it's difficult to get any official answers until Monday. That doesn't leave much time to try to straighten out flights if necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by worms View Post
    My fiance and I have our honeymoon planned for Nov 4 to Nov 11. The 'transition' to Sandals is supposed to be on Nov 6. Does anyone know how that transition is going to go down? Are they getting new staff? Or is it purely an ownership change?

Worried
    I would also be worried in your situation and anyone else with a Couples Barbados reservation from here until the end. Consider going to another resort.

Imagine you found out your job ended in the middle of next week, how much would you care at that point? I would also suspect that the service has gone down hill since the staff was notified that there jobs end in less then a month at this point also.

It is not like the Barbados staff can just move to Jamaica and get jobs at Couples there. I would hope that Sandals has offered all the Couples Barbados staff jobs.

we called sandals this morning to find out what will happen cause ce are getting married on dec 27th. They hade no answers, so i will contact couples tomorrow to find out what will happen to that

Staff have been advised and will remain in there positions. Other than a change of signage and a few management positions, guests should not notice much, if any, difference in the product right now.

Couples Resorts