Default US Thanksgiving Day Arrival into Montego Bay

Anyone have any idea if MBJ is usually crowded on US Thanksgiving day holiday? My wife and I arrive this day for CSA and I am very torn whether it will be crowded or empty at the airport. Either way we have purchased Club Mobay service just in case.

It can be busy. You have nothing to worry about as you have the pass.

Don't know if it'll be crowded but I guess I wouldn't worry now.

Hi drgerard316,
    That is one of the times we go or come and have not found any real differences in the crowd levels. It will somewhat depend on the time that you arrive. We usually arrive on the early flight (around 9 to 10 am) and experience little to no crowd. You will not need Club Mobay service, especially on the arrival side of your visit as you will usually get to the baggage claim area before your bags arrive normally. In the past we have used Club Mobay on leaving. While nice, we don't find the value to justify as we enjoy spending some time just visiting the airport shops.

We will be at CN during this time period...

We arrived on Thanksgiving day last year and it was no problem mon! I think we were through customs in record time. You are in Jamaica, it doesn't matter past that (just grab a Red Stripe, it will all be ok)

Quote Originally Posted by drgerard316 View Post
    Anyone have any idea if MBJ is usually crowded on US Thanksgiving day holiday? My wife and I arrive this day for CSA and I am very torn whether it will be crowded or empty at the airport. Either way we have purchased Club Mobay service just in case.
    I would not spend the $$ on club MoBay on the way in. Usually we get there the day after thanksgiving, and we end up at baggage claim just as our bags are being put out. The lines are never too long.

BTW, see ya there, we arrive 2 days after you.

We almost always arrive on Thanksgiving Day at about noon. It is usually not too bad at baggage claim, customs, or immigration. I personally haven't even considered Club MoBay for arrival. For departure, maybe but I agree with winlove's post above.

We are arriving on Sat, 11/23 and leave on Sat, 11/30. So we will be there for the T-Day holiday week. I booked Club MoBay. Since we are arriving and departing on a Sat which is pretty busy at the airport. I figured it would be even busier than it was this past Spring since it's a holiday week even though it's considered low season. We shall see. Even if it cuts out a little bit of time standing in line, I'm cool with it. Hubby and I don't do lines very well. LOL
    Last edited by lsm1212; October 23rd, 2013 at 09:26 AM.
    Linda & Nick
    CSA - Oct 2004 (for our wedding!!!)
    CN - March 2006, Nov 2013
    CSS - March 2013

The last 4 years we have arrived on Thanksgiving mid morning (same this year). We have never had an issue. Always end up waiting on our luggage. I would not pay for club mobay unless travelling with kids or seniors. The $160 fee is much better spent at Couples on a massage. As for the departure, we find the airport comfortable, enjoy the shops and snack on patties and food we bring from the resort
    Colin & Jeannie

CN 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
    CSS 2011
    CSA 2014