Hybrid View

Default Blessings of being a "first-timer"

104 days until our first trip to an all-inclusive resort. We chose Couples after lots of deliberation, endless lists and comparisons, reading reviews until our eyes went buggy, and deciding what we really wanted out of this vacation. We chose CSS. We have been saving up for two years, daydreaming and fantasizing about that worry-free feeling of not having to cook or clean or shovel snow or drive anywhere. No getting to bed early so we can get up early and fighting that morning commute to a job where we feel under-appreciated and overworked. I jumped on a good price and patted myself on the back for being frugal and alert. By the end of this week we will be all paid up, with nothing left to do but wait and pack. sooooo excited!

Reading the message boards the last few days have made me realize that, for some people, this trip is something they do every year - some even more frequently than that. How fabulous that must be! But I have to admit I'm not that jealous. Every little bit of this adventure is new and exciting for us. I don't have any previous experience to compare it to. I don't have any expectations beyond the general "this is going to be AWESOME!"

I'm not a loyal repeater, so I won't be getting any free gifts but that's ok because for me, taking a vacation is a gift. Having someone else cook for me is a gift. Spending uninterrupted time with the man I love is a gift! I look forward to buying a souvenir in the gift shop to remember it by. There is a good chance we might not get to do this again. Life is hectic. Life is expensive. Vacations are a luxury.

We newbies often ask questions on the message boards about what to expect, but hopefully we also have something to offer. Sometimes seeing something through the eyes of a newcomer can remind you what's really great about Couples and Jamaica. I hope my excitement is contagious because I want to share it!!

Very good point!!! We have been to CSA 5 times (not every year but close) and while we do look forward to returning home as often as we can, I have found that the years we don't make it back only build the anticipation for the next time and make us appreciate it even more! We have not been to CSS but I am sure it will be everything you are hoping for and then some!!! Have a blast!!!

We've been to CSS and it is my wife's favorite (mine is CSA). The gala on Friday is a absolutely wonderful. Great food, great entertainment and the decorations are never to be forgotten. I have no doubt that you will have an awesome time.

Quote Originally Posted by ggirl40 View Post
    104 days until our first trip to an all-inclusive resort. We chose Couples after lots of deliberation, endless lists and comparisons, reading reviews until our eyes went buggy, and deciding what we really wanted out of this vacation. We chose CSS. We have been saving up for two years, daydreaming and fantasizing about that worry-free feeling of not having to cook or clean or shovel snow or drive anywhere. No getting to bed early so we can get up early and fighting that morning commute to a job where we feel under-appreciated and overworked. I jumped on a good price and patted myself on the back for being frugal and alert. By the end of this week we will be all paid up, with nothing left to do but wait and pack. sooooo excited!

Reading the message boards the last few days have made me realize that, for some people, this trip is something they do every year - some even more frequently than that. How fabulous that must be! But I have to admit I'm not that jealous. Every little bit of this adventure is new and exciting for us. I don't have any previous experience to compare it to. I don't have any expectations beyond the general "this is going to be AWESOME!"

I'm not a loyal repeater, so I won't be getting any free gifts but that's ok because for me, taking a vacation is a gift. Having someone else cook for me is a gift. Spending uninterrupted time with the man I love is a gift! I look forward to buying a souvenir in the gift shop to remember it by. There is a good chance we might not get to do this again. Life is hectic. Life is expensive. Vacations are a luxury.

We newbies often ask questions on the message boards about what to expect, but hopefully we also have something to offer. Sometimes seeing something through the eyes of a newcomer can remind you what's really great about Couples and Jamaica. I hope my excitement is contagious because I want to share it!!
    Great post!

There used to be a Negril message board many years ago and it was fun to read about adventures and other experiences! Sounds like your really excited about your trip and I do hope everything works out to your expectations!

Its obvious there are lots of loyal kook aid drinkers here who both love the resort and like to validate their choice to repeat the experience.

While this is our first trip to CSS its about 13 years after CN and our 4th time back to Jamaica. The kids are off to college and we can come and go as we please now. We tend to visit Europe/south america/Asia every other year and a caribbean trip in between.

We have a rule to never visit the same resort twice. We meet people at different places that rave about repeat visits and love doing so. I think its great they can do so!!!

Its our experience that if we did so we would have missed some other experiences as well. Off roading in Aruba with a jeep, Land sailing, Cave diving in Mexico, Diving in Grand Cayman.....etc. I'll visit the same island/region but just like to try different things.

I hope regardless if this is the start of a long run at Couples, or a pin in a large map of trips, that you have a great time and memories!

As a repeater I do think that we still arrive with the excitement of a newbie. We always try to do something different and always meet so many new people. We are returning to CN for the 4th time because my husband works really hard all year and wants to make sure he enjoys his vacation. He does not want to fight for beach chairs or worry about carrying around money to tip. We have been to Hawaii and love it but hated the plane ride to get there and everything is soooo expensive. We also tried Mexico last time and while it was fine...it wasn't awesome. For us CN is awesome. We will travel other places but we will also keep coming back to CN because it is so special and I don't have to stress out if my hubby is enjoying the resort I picked that he paid for. The fact that he counts down days when only when we go to Jamaica...says everything I need to know!
    Holly Irvin

Hey,

One thing to keep in mind, if you sign up for Romance Rewards at Romance Rewards Levels & Login for Couples Resorts you DO get one really nice perk even if you are a first timer!

FIRST LOVE [0-5 NIGHTS PREVIOUSLY STAYED]
    Trading Places Pass for one day / exchange (10am- 4pm) with a Couples Resort in the same town, subject to availability, reservation required 24 hours in advance. (10am- 4pm)
    Invitation to the Repeat Guests Dinner on all your repeat visits.

So be sure to sign up! This will allow you to visit any Couples Resort for the day 10 -4 with transport included. I believe that Couples Tower Isle is close to CSS. You can ONLY get this perk if you have signed up before you travel.