Default Couples Barbados

I understand it was a business deal at the last minute was sold and Couples did not feel they could match or over-bid to complete the sale. I also commend Couples for ensuring those who had paid for packages will be given 500 credit, option to stay at Sandals, etc.

However, I just feel Couples should have told folks when booking for the new resort in CB that it was a lease with option to buy property- warning folks ahead of time, that if you book, it could get sold.

We didn't want the commercialized brand of Sandals and that is why we booked with Couples. We also didn't book CB- grateful for that decision.

Again- kudos to Couples for offering options and the 500 refund....but, can't help but feel there should have been a warning notice about the lease option to buy before folks made a decision to book or not.

This is the first paragraph of our initial release:

"Montego Bay, January 14, 2013- Glenn Lawrence, CEO Couples Resorts announced today that Couples Resorts and Casuarina Beach Club Limited have concluded negotiations for the lease of the 280 room Almond Casuarina Beach Resort, in Barbados, effective February 10, 2013."

The lease agreement gave us first right of refusal, however we were not prepared to match the high offer accepted by the owners.

Couples Resorts