Default made the switch from CB (or now that S resort.. boo) to CN :)

Well, it was no easy feat, but we switched our Dec. vacation from Couples Barbados to Couples Negril. Changing the air miles flights was the hard part, and we couldn’t get the exact dates, so we had to move the whole trip up 5 days. We had to confirm that was ok with work and the cat sitter. Then it was an easy call back to Couples to switch it. We really do have a strong loyalty to Couples. The agent at air miles, and co-workers too, said “Why not just stay with the plan and go to Sandals?” Why? Because it’s Sandals, not Couples! They don’t get it. We were married at CSA, and have since been to CTI and CSS, including for an anniversary. CN was the only one we had to check out, but then CB came along. We were excited about going to Barbados, but it just wouldn’t have been the same not being Couples any longer. We love Couples resorts not only for the physical beauty, but for the staff. Besides, honestly, all the turmoil lately has been a bit much. When it was Couples it was worth the risk, but as a Sandals, who knows. Mind you, most of the work seems to have been done already by Couples, and they took the big lumps. We can’t help but feel that this whole deal was a bit sneaky. Nope, we are happy to go back to Jamaica for the people, to take the cat cruise, to dive more often, to discover CN for ourselves, to float in the calm Negril waters, and take in the sunsets once again. Ya mon!

jamaicamecrazy - We you able to change your flights with airmiles? We have booked with them, too, and I thought once they were booked, you could not alter them in any way?
    Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by jamaicamecrazy View Post
    Well, it was no easy feat, but we switched our Dec. vacation from Couples Barbados to Couples Negril. Changing the air miles flights was the hard part, and we couldn’t get the exact dates, so we had to move the whole trip up 5 days. We had to confirm that was ok with work and the cat sitter. Then it was an easy call back to Couples to switch it. We really do have a strong loyalty to Couples. The agent at air miles, and co-workers too, said “Why not just stay with the plan and go to Sandals?” Why? Because it’s Sandals, not Couples! They don’t get it. We were married at CSA, and have since been to CTI and CSS, including for an anniversary. CN was the only one we had to check out, but then CB came along. We were excited about going to Barbados, but it just wouldn’t have been the same not being Couples any longer. We love Couples resorts not only for the physical beauty, but for the staff. Besides, honestly, all the turmoil lately has been a bit much. When it was Couples it was worth the risk, but as a Sandals, who knows. Mind you, most of the work seems to have been done already by Couples, and they took the big lumps. We can’t help but feel that this whole deal was a bit sneaky. Nope, we are happy to go back to Jamaica for the people, to take the cat cruise, to dive more often, to discover CN for ourselves, to float in the calm Negril waters, and take in the sunsets once again. Ya mon!
    We were able to switch also to Couples Swept Away. Took a bath on the flight change but what can you do? :-) Will be glad to get back to Jamaica! :-)

You will LOVE CN...we have stayed there and CTI and will be returning to CN for our 4th trip in January. Say hi to Omar, Franklyn and Tennyson for us!!
    Holly Irvin

Quote Originally Posted by REH View Post
    jamaicamecrazy - We you able to change your flights with airmiles? We have booked with them, too, and I thought once they were booked, you could not alter them in any way?
    Thanks,
    We actually only used air miles for the one flight, and paid for the other. We have the BMO gold MC so we only use 75% of miles for flights, but it’s a lot of miles from YVR! Anyway, we had the insurance to cover the miles and fees, but a change of hotel is not covered under that. So I had to call Air Miles directly. We had to pay the change fee - $25 to Air Miles and $75 to WestJet, per person, and any difference in flight costs and/or taxes. The flight to MBJ was a little les, even this late in the game, but the selection was not as good. We are early bookers, so this last minute thing was hard for me! lol. You must keep the same air line. You are leaving from YYZ, no? Should be a bit easier if you can flex your dates at all? If you stay in the same rate range Couples is fine with date changes. Now I think we’ll have to pay for our seat selection again too. However, in the end the $1000 Barbados promo discount, lower rates at the time, and the $500 incentive to switch made up for the air miles change fees. Hope you can make it work too! Call them!

We switched from CB to CSS earlier this week and were able to switch our flights that we had booked with American Advantage Airmiles. I'm not sure which airline you are using but I just called and asked if it was possible. It cost a total of $175 to do so, so if you are using another airline and they allow it, I would expect a change fee.

Thanks, jamaicamecrazy - we didn't take any insurance so we probably can't change anything. It appears we missed a deadline to change anyway. I knew nothing about a deadline? Well, we are still looking forward to the beautiful island of Barbados Glad you, and others, were able to change your flights - enjoy Jamaica

Good to hear that others were able to make the swtich too

Thanks, jamaicamecrazy - we didn't take any insurance so we probably can't change anything. It appears we missed a deadline to change anyway. I knew nothing about a deadline? Well, we are still looking forward to the beautiful island of Barbados Glad you, and others, were able to change your flights - enjoy Jamaica
    No, you don't need the insurance at all. The insurance didn't even cover this, so I paid the Air Miles change fee. Anyone who books with airmiles can do this.
    As for being too late, if you really want to change, I'd call Couples and see if you still can.
    Otherwise, enjoy the island of Barbaados

You have until Thursday, October 31st to change your plans. So plenty of time to take care of that.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come