Hybrid View

Default Worried About Construction Noise @ CSA

Ok recent visitors how bad is the construction noise? The wife and I are making our first visit to CSA in Nov. any chance they will be done with the renovations?

What are they renovating?

We were at CSA Oct 5th to the 12th....fortunately we had the last BFVS...closest one to the the pool. And never heard a noise (although we are quite loud ourselves, I apologize now to anyone we kept up that week). But, two other couples in our group whom were way over on the other side only heard construction noise on one morning!!!! It was not annoying they said but they heard it. Resort's don't shut down for construction, it has to be done and it is done while guest are there. I do hope you have a great holiday.....And take miniture Almond JOYS.....the staff will love you for it!!!!!!!

We will be at CSA Dec 8-15 & would like to know if the construction will be done by then? Any info would be helpful
    Thanks!!

CTI APRIL 2011
    CSS/CTI JUNE 2012
    CB JULY 2013
    CSA DECEMBER 2013

Quote Originally Posted by hishoneypot View Post
    We will be at CSA Dec 8-15 & would like to know if the construction will be done by then? Any info would be helpful
    Thanks!!

CTI APRIL 2011
    CSS/CTI JUNE 2012
    CB JULY 2013
    CSA DECEMBER 2013
    Since you have been many times. Give me insight on the best room. We will have beachfront Veranda and I'm wondering what floor do you think is best?

Hi there, We are going to CSA on 11/29....29 more days!!!!! Regarding the construction, we received a letter from our travel aent last week stating that the construction was minimally invasive. The construction is mostly to the room interiors and the resort is going block by block with the last of the construction to be complete by November 30th.

Quote Originally Posted by hishoneypot View Post
    Thanks!!

CTI APRIL 2011
    CSS/CTI JUNE 2012
    CB JULY 2013
    CSA DECEMBER 2013

Have there been any photos posted yet of the redone rooms or bathrooms at CSA? I'd love to see a completed one!

They should be done by now. We were in an Atrium Suite and heard nothing.
    Ricky Ginsburg
    Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

Quote Originally Posted by fawnridge View Post
    They should be done by now. We were in an Atrium Suite and heard nothing.
    Glad to hear. We will be there nov. 16th. Looking forward to paradise

We just returned on the 10/19. Construction was very loud at the new end of the resort. They were working on the beachfront veranda suites, which also caused us to have to switch rooms from what we had booked for a night. I was annoyed sitting on the beach and in the water, but the people we had met and talked to, along with my husband, couldn't really hear it. So if you are easily annoyed, you will be. If you aren't, you probably won't be. I will say though, that our first night there hubby and I were sitting the hot tub after dark and had a spotlight shown on us from the construction crew several times. That was annoying to us both.
    Stephanie

Not sure when they will be done, but we just got back a couple weeks ago and it didn't bother me. I heard it the worst the day we set up on the beach right in front of where it was going on. The good thing about CSA is that the beach is very long. We just moved down the beach and all was good. When you check in just request to be as far away from the construction as you can. You are going to love CSA. It's so beautiful and romantic. We didn't want to leave.

Italiabelle82, of course I can't be sure but i bet it wasn't construction people that shown the spotlight on you, I'm guessing it was security. They walk around at night and shine lights on verandas and look for valuables and record what they see. It happened to us on our gvs veranda.

Quote Originally Posted by softail19 View Post
    Italiabelle82, of course I can't be sure but i bet it wasn't construction people that shown the spotlight on you, I'm guessing it was security. They walk around at night and shine lights on verandas and look for valuables and record what they see. It happened to us on our gvs veranda.
    I thought that at first too, but it was the construction crew. They were working on a room directly across from the hot tub and it was pretty obvious it was them as they were sitting on the verdanda.
    Stephanie

Thank you everyone who responded. Not worried that the noise will ruin our vacation but this is our first trip away in 20 years and just want it to be perfect!!!!

We just got home from CSA on 10/28. They were working on one unit near the main pool and one near the beach. It did not bother us at all. One of the units was right next to us and we barely noticed it. I would be more concerned with road noise. Try to get away from the road. I would say that was more of an issue for us than the construction noise. We had such a great time. Noise didn't affect our trip at all.

no photos yet, but we would love to see them too..

We just got back from csa on 10/26, we had the gvs close to patois and swim up bar. The construction started at 9am and finished around 4pm we were out of the room by 8am and didn't return until 5 or 6 so it was no problem. They are working on the beach front rooms now.

We just returned Sunday from CSA. They were working on the building closest to Feathers and by the road. They were there later than 4 pm every work day but Friday. The noise wasn't bad. Drills, sanders etc. We were in the building in front of it and it wasn't bothersome when we were on our porch. Couldn't hear it at all in our room.

I tried to take some pictures but it just didn't work out. May of had something to do with the Hummingbirds. This was our first trip to CSA so I don't know what the originals looked like but it is white tile, walk in shower with a half wall by the rainfall shower head. The sink was a tabletop sink. There was nice lighting including a makeup mirror with a light. They are having a problem with water drainage from the showers. I don't know if it is every one of them but when we reported ours they said they had others.