Default Current status of Renovations at CN?

I know they have had some renovations going on in the buildings ( guest rooms) for the past few months. Last year when we were there they had one of the restaurants shut down the entire week for a new roof. Not a show stopper, but since we are due to arrive next week and would not want a room in the middle of a construction zone, as of Oct 23, 2013 what is the current status of the upgrades at CN? I know if you are on the beach the noise should not bother you, but every now and then I like to take an afternoon siesta in my air conditioned room.

Interested in this as well. We arrive on Nov 23rd so about a month away!
    Linda & Nick
    CSA - Oct 2004 (for our wedding!!!)
    CN - March 2006, Nov 2013
    CSS - March 2013

I am curious too. Outside of the reply from Couples in the thread about the bathroom remodels (which appear to be fantastic), I have not heard anything about what is being done there or when it's going to be completed, etc.

Did I miss an announcement or something?

We are trying to decide on where to go when we switch our current Barbados reservations.

We just returned last nite from a wonderful 8 nite stay at CN, we were in building 3, right next to the whole building renovations and let me tell you, it was completely unnoticeable to us as we used our patio and even during lunch right next to the renovating building, it's a non issue. In fact I felt the workers made less noise than some "unruly" neighbors... hehe Go and don't worry about it... and also, when we were in our room with the a/c on we never heard anything which was bad cause it also closed out the beautiful sounds of the tree frogs..

We just returned from CN on 10/26. Building 2 is completed and guests were staying there. Building 1 is still being worked on, and did not appear close to being done. The spa is back in the renovated spa building. There was some painting going on around the main lobby building, but no construction or remodeling of any of the common areas. All bars and restaurants were up and running (and fantastic) while we were there.

If you really wanted to make sure you avoid noise, I'd avoid building 2. But then you also avoid the new remodeled bathrooms.

I'm curious because we went to book yesterday and there were no ocean view rooms available from April 26-may 6.
    We always book ocean view for April at this time of year for April.

Is it because they will be renovating some of those blocks at that time or is it just booked up already?

Our preferred airline also isn't carrying couples negril anymore as of recently, why could that be? They are still carrying CTI and CSS.
    Couples Negril Nov 13 - 20, 2010

Nobody?
    Linda & Nick
    CSA - Oct 2004 (for our wedding!!!)
    CN - March 2006, Nov 2013
    CSS - March 2013

We just got back from our week long stay at CN. We were in building 6 deluxe beachfront. It was not redone. Pretty dirty actually. The bathrooms didn't have American outlets so maintenance had to bring us a long extension cord with an outlet at the end. They had normal outlets by the bed and tv, but not bathroom... very frustrating for a girl

It worked out in the end with the extension cord, it just looked kinda tacky. Oh well, shouldn't be in your room that much anyway!!

Jaime, they have always had "american outlets" at all Couples. Did the staff try to explain this??? We stayed in building 6 this past September and all outlets were the same.
    Don't take this hurtful, but was this you first time out of the country?
    Very happy you did enjoy CN
    this time next month we will be returning!!!!

Does anyone know how long the total renovations are scheduled to last? It is not a big concern for us, I am just curious. We will be there april 19-26 in a deluxe garden room.

Jaime, you said the bathrooms didn't have American outlets and I was surprised. Have stayed in all categories of room and in 4 of the buildings at CN and everyone of them have had an American outlet in the bathroom. That's usually where I charge my phone from and my wife plugs in her curling iron. Maybe it was a renovated room.

We returned on November 5th from CN, and it looked like they were just getting ready to reopen building 1. Other then that, I can't help with an update, sorry. As far as noise, the only noise we heard, and it was not bad, was during the day when most people are on the beach. We heard more noise at the construction at Swept Away the week before, but even that was not bad.

Jaime we are gonna be there in less than a week...are blocks 1or2 open again? This old and dirty rooms stuff I keep seeing worries me!!!!

The bathroom outlets are universal outlets.... they are just tight. You can push your US based plugs into them. They also fit other EU and UK based plugs as well. The bathroom outlet is the only one that is GFI protected.

Just wanted to explain, so that others don't get confused and think they do not fit US style plugs... rest assured they do.

We just returned from CN on the 15th. Block 1 was finished and had people in it. Block 2 was still being worked on. We were in block 3 and the construction did not bother us at all. One day there was some jackhammering but it was in the middle of the afternoon and did not last long at all. Not sure where the dirty room comments are coming from. Our room was not a remodeled one but it was kept extremely clean. It was a typical couples room. Not glitzy. Very carribean inspired and extremely clean.

Thank you milliesmom443. The rooms look clean in the pictures but we have seen several comments and reviews about it being dirty. Maybe we will luck out and get block one.