Default switched to CN... question about room blocks

We switched from CB to CN and will heading there in about 6 weeks! We have been to CSA, CTI and CSS, but it will be our first time to CN. So this will complete the set. I will look at the Couples site more, and through the posts here when I can, as I like to have lots of information before we go. Usually we book much further ahead and I have lots of time for research. Plus we have our dive trip to Bonaire in two weeks (yes, totally spoiled!!). Iím still absorbing that we heading to Jamaica instead of Barbados. I think weíll do the trading places with CSA. We havenít been back there since our wedding in 2008. Funny, but somehow now I am more excited about the trip and heading back to Negril. Maybe thatís part of it too. Plus we absolutely love the Negril beaches.
    Off the top of my head for questions... I notice that people talk about room block numbers, yet the numbers are not on the map on the Couples site. Does anyone have a map of the buildings, or can you explain how they go? (i.e. left to right, right to left, etc.). We are just staying in a garden room, as that was the same category and all they had anyway. I know you canít request a specific room ahead of time, but perhaps when we get there? All I care about is preferably not too much road/other noise for sleeping. Any suggestions which block?
    Any other CN tips are welcome. Thanks

If you're standing on the beach, facing the resort with the water at your back, it goes from left to right: 5,4,3,2,1, around the spa, and 6,7,8,9 around the wedding gazebo. 3 & 8 are closest to the road, and 9 is right next to the AN beach. 1 & 6 are closest to CN's common areas and the main part of the beach, while 5 & 9 are closest to the neighboring resorts.

(Added note: the post below this has 1-5 backwards)
    Last edited by dank120; October 25th, 2013 at 07:44 AM.

We stayed in a garden room in building 2 and LOVED it. I just booked a garden room again for April and hope I get the same building, after walking the resort we truly felt out location was perfect. It was a close walk to the beach and beach grill/bar, really anywhere at CN is a close walk. I actually loved staying in the "jungle" like gardens but being close to the beach (view of ocean is not important to us, we like more privacy). We had a great view of the gardens/pond & spa on the 2nd floor. If you are standing at the beach and looking at the building they go from left to right 1-5 with pool in the middle then 6-9 on the right side then the AN beach to the right of that. We are not into AN (no offense, we have no problems with it) so we preferred the side of the resort we were on but if your into it buildings 6-9 might suite you better for the proximity to the AN beach.

Quote Originally Posted by dank120 View Post
    If you're standing on the beach, facing the resort with the water at your back, it goes from left to right: 5,4,3,2,1, around the spa, and 6,7,8,9 around the wedding gazebo. 3 & 8 are closest to the road, and 9 is right next to the AN beach. 1 & 6 are closest to CN's common areas and the main part of the beach, while 5 & 9 are closest to the neighboring resorts.

(Added note: the post below this has 1-5 backwards)
    Thanks so much. This is the best map without being an actual map. It gives me a perfect visual.

Quote Originally Posted by lynzee View Post
    We stayed in a garden room in building 2 and LOVED it. I just booked a garden room again for April and hope I get the same building, after walking the resort we truly felt out location was perfect. It was a close walk to the beach and beach grill/bar, really anywhere at CN is a close walk. I actually loved staying in the "jungle" like gardens but being close to the beach (view of ocean is not important to us, we like more privacy). We had a great view of the gardens/pond & spa on the 2nd floor. If you are standing at the beach and looking at the building they go from left to right 1-5 with pool in the middle then 6-9 on the right side then the AN beach to the right of that. We are not into AN (no offense, we have no problems with it) so we preferred the side of the resort we were on but if your into it buildings 6-9 might suite you better for the proximity to the AN beach.
    Thanks for the tips. We are not into AN either (also no offense to anyone, I'm just to shy/self conscious). So building 2 and that side of the resort sounds good to me.

I'm not really worried about the road noise. At CSA we've stayed in a garden on the old side and other than some honking didn't really notice it. It didn't detract from the nice jungle feel of the verandah, and loved the sounds at night. Inside it was fine.
    But not having been to CN, just thought I would ask the pros.

Dank120 has the numbering correct. We like Bldg 2, second floor. We dive so the walk to the water sports is shorter on that side. We like the second floor so we can put our dive gear on the porch and feel safe.

Quote Originally Posted by DayBob View Post
    Dank120 has the numbering correct. We like Bldg 2, second floor. We dive so the walk to the water sports is shorter on that side. We like the second floor so we can put our dive gear on the porch and feel safe.
    Ah yes, we dive too, so that's another plus for that side for us. Thanks. But this time we're not bringing all our own dive gear. Too much to lug down there and deal with rinsing and drying while there.

We always request building 3, 4 or 5. I think all three of those buildings have a wonderful view from the balcony. It's by the spa (or was) and by the water sports hut and to me it seems a bit quieter on that side. Plus personally I would not want to be in buildings 1 or 6 because you are so close to the common area's...more for the piano bar than anything. They won't promise you a building but I find it never hurts to request it.
    Holly Irvin

Thank you jamaicamecrazy for correcting me! It does go 5-1 left to right...I had a couple rum & cokes before writing the post, ha ha. The description you posted is perfect!!!

Default 2nd floor versus 3rd floor?

Quote Originally Posted by DayBob View Post
    My husband and I also stayed in Building 2 on the second floor when we were at CN in 2012. We really enjoyed our room and had a lovely view of the spa and the pond. Another great perk of being in Building 2 is the proximity to the gym. We went to the gym every day so being so close was nice. The only negative aspect of our room was hearing the workers who were doing some work on the rooms above us. It was quite loud at times and they started work pretty early in the morning.

We have another trip to CN planned for 2014, and I was planning on asking for Building 2 again but asking for the third floor as opposed to the second floor. I see a number of posters on this thread have recommended the second floor in Building 2 but nobody has said anything about the third floor. Is there some reason that the second floor is better than the third?

I look forward to reading opinions on the benefits of the 2nd/3rd floor in Building 2.

Go to "couples.com/Negril/map.php". It gives you a good idea of the layout. Enjoy!!!

I like the privacy of the 2nd floor and don't want to walk up 2 flights of stairs to get to my room which is why I wouldn't want a 3rd floor room. We never had problems with noise above us (no construction going on when we were there though).

For a visual....

Name:  CN Map.jpg
Views: 373
Size:  71.7 KB

Agree with lynzee. The 2nd floor is perfect for us. A little more privacy and we've never had a noise problem from the 3rd floor. Building 2 is just so convenient to everything. Building 6 has the best views but we had a higher room grade when we stayed there. Now it's strictly deluxe garden.

We have stayed in buildings 4,5,8 & 9, always a first floor room and have loved every room and the view we had. The garden deluxe rooms as well as the garden suite we stayed in all had a view, albeit a small one, of the caribean sea. Don't spend much time in room and in mornings drink my coffe on the patio then to the beach all day so room is not too important to us. Is good mon!

We have booked a Deluxe Beach Front so would that be buildings 5,1,6,and 9? And if so which is the better option?

Does anyone know which room blocks they put you in if you book "deluxe beachfront"?