Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Please do not tip - the staff will definitely be fired if caught and they really need their jobs, the staff work so hard to make your holiday memorable, just treat them with respect and not put them in jeopardy. This will be our 15th stay at CSA and we always take out gifts to the great "friends" we have made over the years, just put them in a bag with a note. If you really want to show your appreciation just mention them in the exit questionnaire, they are all read by management and go toward who is chosen as staff member of the month.

Bringing the "Tipping" discussion back up. While tipping isn't allowed, Gifts are. And from what I have read, school supplies are greatly appreciated. Right now (at least in Tennessee where schools have been open for over a month), "Back To School" stuff is on Clearance. Check your local Walmart, K-Mart, etc for items. We picked up a pack with quite a few items on sale for just $10 (regularly $20).

"alternatively would you simply ignore the no tipping rule & discreetly slip something which shows your appreciation for the hard work I'm sure the perform.
    Thanks
    Steve"

Any other resort policies you are considering completely ignoring, Steve? Just curious. While I can appreciate your question, seeking alternate ways of showing one's appreciation, the end of your posts sort of suggests you are open to doing the wrong thing to satisfy YOUR desire to tip. Please don't - jobs are very hard to come by on the island. You'll be happy on a plane headed home and some employee could possibly be left to deal with the consequences.

We had not been back since 2011, I think. I had gathered a nice amount of goodies from stuff for the kids [school supplies], to caps, to shirts, to lip balms, to chocolates...great time/folks and it's always appreciated! Can't wait to return. One Love!

CSA 2009, 2014 [20th anniversary]
    CSS 2010
    CN 2011

Quote Originally Posted by wileeandrr View Post
    We had not been back since 2011, I think. I had gathered a nice amount of goodies from stuff for the kids [school supplies], to caps, to shirts, to lip balms, to chocolates...great time/folks and it's always appreciated! Can't wait to return. One Love!

......Good suggestion. Where should these be left?

A few years ago "Randymon" reply to a similar post that Guests who insist on tipping, can and are asked to leave.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2