Default Mosquitos and Sand Fleas... How bad are they?

Good evening! I just read a thread over at the TA Negril board about the Mosquitos being bad at the moment. Has anyone who has been there recently been bothered by them?

We just got back from CSA, and didn't experience any problems with Mosquitos or sand fleas. We stayed on the beach and watched the sunset and did the dinner on the beach one night and we never had any problems with bites!

We have been 6 times and only had a problem once. We have found a great product since then and have no problems with them even if they are there. the products name is ( Cactus Juice ) SUN AND SKIN PROTECTANT. ordered it off of Amazon. It is a sun screen and bug cream. Works very well. Won't have a problem with bugs. and it doesn't stink like bug spray.
    Last edited by Waynel; March 30th, 2014 at 08:02 PM.

For some reason my wife is the group magnet for mosquitos, no see ums, and anything that can bite. Does the Cactus Juice Protectant really work or should she just stick to good ole Skin So Soft?

It really does work. I also am a bug magnet. Used it last year and everyone was complaining, I never got one bite.

I used Cactus Juice last December and it worked for me. I only had three bites in my eight day stay and it does not smell awful as stated above.

bad, my husband and I get totally chewed up unless we wear deet. It depends on the person.

Quote Originally Posted by Waynel View Post
    It really does work. I also am a bug magnet. Used it last year and everyone was complaining, I never got one bite.
    Bought some of the "Cactus Juice", going to test it out and I hope it works for me, hate the smell and stickyness of deet but hate the bites and welts worse... Thanks for the recommendation!

got a bunch. hubby not so much. i'm from tejas so i can take it! have tried everything. just don't scratch. they are like chiggers here. met a nice lady, kathleen, who swears that this is the best
    http://www.basspro.com/Ultrathon-Ins...product/46399/
    don't scratch. it will leave a scar. the itch goes away after a day or 2; the redness after a week or 2.
    good luck!

CSA 2009, 2014 [20th anniversary]
    CSS 2010
    CN 2011

i'm finding a hit or miss. i guess i'm just too sweet!

CSA 2009, 2014 [20th anniversary]
    CSS 2010
    CN 2011

How bad are the sand fleas? Depends on who you are... if you're my wife... they are VERY bad... for some reason, those li'l buggers really LOVE her!
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"