Default Incidental Deposit

I am wondering if this deposit can be in the form of cash, credit card or prepaid card. Arrive Nov 4th wonder why I can not concentrate at work.

I was going to ask this same question today! Only I'm wondering if it can be a debit card. You're so lucky! I still have 102 days! Have a great time!!

We always have them scan the credit card when we check in. They don't put a hold on your card. This way you can make long distance calls and charge anything to your room whenever you want.

For my upcoming trip I have $300 in resort credits. Will I still need the deposit and if so, do they take charges out of the credits first?

ggirl40, you can use your atm but they do put a hold on it-but don't charge anything until check out (i can't remember how much either $300 or $500) and the bank may not release it back to you for about a week after you check out. I found this out the hard way my first time. Also, keep in mind that using an atm card is not as safe as a credit card (i.e. in the event of fraud, your account can be drained). Though we have not had any problems with that at Couples.

We put the money on a prepaid card.
    Couples Negril Nov 13 - 20, 2010

Credit, and I did have a hold placed against it.

Quote Originally Posted by moiira View Post
    For my upcoming trip I have $300 in resort credits. Will I still need the deposit and if so, do they take charges out of the credits first?
    Yes, they will subtract your resort credits, then if you've gone over (like I did ) they will charge your card or you can pay cash. When you check in, you'll receive vouchers for your resort credits, turn them back in when checking out.

We have CC and Debit- but not keen on going to a foreign country having my credit card and debit card info stored in computer for incidentals. I like the idea of getting a prepaid CC. Great Idea.

We have always used our debit card for the $300. You still have to have the hold even if you have resorts credits. If you plan on useing a debit card let your bank know. Also if your card has a visa logo on it and you run it through as a credit you have the same protections as a visa credit card.

You can put the deposit on a credit card, prepaid credit card, debit card if it has the Visa symbol on it or cash. If you get a massage or buy something in the gift shop you can use the deposit first. Swept Away has an ATM upstairs. Our last trip we used cash so I can't answer your hold question.

They will still take the $300 hold. If you spend more than $300 they will do another hold. The resort credits are not applied until checkout.

I explain it here http://couples.com/mb/couples-main-message-board-2/longest-ever-review-csa-23765/index2.html in post #48

You will still need a debt or credit card for the deposit.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

We check in with a credit card that doesn't have a foreign transaction fee.

No, you will need to have a valid they can scan when you check in.

I thought you could choose whether to save your resort credit for next time or use it? I could be wrong.
    Couples Negril Nov 13 - 20, 2010

Quote Originally Posted by TorontoTwo View Post
    I thought you could choose whether to save your resort credit for next time or use it? I could be wrong.
    Pretty sure the resort credit expires once you walk out the "door"

TorontoTwo - I WISH!!!! Unfortunately you cannot bank the resort credits... If so I would have a free trip by now !!!