Thread: Day to arrive

Default Day to arrive

We will be going to CTI mid February and have the option of arriving on a Wednesday or a Saturday, mid afternoon. Just wondering which day would be recommended. Am guessing Saturdays have more arrivals at airport and therefore longer lineups and busier overall (as would be checkin at hotel).

If you are worried about how busy the immigration and customs may be, you might want to consider Club MOBAY. Not all that expensive considering the amount of money you are about to spend to go to Couples.

The last time we went to Couples it was on a Wednesday in the middle of February. We stood in line for over 2 1/2 hours, maybe more, waiting to get through immigration and customs. An excruciating wait, especially when you know what is waiting for you on the other side. My SO also smokes which made this long wait unpleasant. Many people say that using Club MOBAY you can be from the airplane door to the Couples Lounge in 10 to 15 minutes.

After what we went through the last time, we are going to use Club MOBAY. It's a crap shoot because it is really hit or miss just how busy the airport can be on any given day or any given time.

Think about it this way. How happy will your SO be while waiting in a long line because you decided to cheap out and not spring for this VIP service.

Have your travel agent check on this for you. There are also places that you can book this VIP service yourself online. You have plenty of time to check this out. You can wait until a week before you arrive to book Club MOBAY. If you use Club MOBAY it really doesn't make any difference at all which day you arrive.

We have also booked our second trip to CTI for the February 15th. Only 111 more days until paradise. Hope to see you there.

My spouse and I chose a Thursday ... we like going mid week so we have that first weekend to already be in Vacation mode. Also, as you mentioned, we believe that there are less arrivals in the middle of the week as opposed to arriving on Saturday or Sunday.

I'd do mid-week if you can. As you stated, less people.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Apparently the slowest day at Mobay airport is Tuesdays with Wednesdays a close second. If you're travelling on a Saturday and arriving mid-day, I would recommend Club Mobay to get you through the line ups much faster. Check in at the hotel is usually not a problem at all. Never took longer than 30 minutes in each of our 3 trips to San Souci so far.

Definitely Wednesday if you have the choice - we were in the couples lounge in less than 30 minutes on a Wednesday - Saturday is a good day to fly out...

You should find the Airfare slightly cheaper on those days too.

Wednesday, without question....
    "Brutalize me with music..."

CN: 11/2007, 11/2010, 11/2011, 11/2013

Past experience, Weekends in February are busy but you can purchase club Mobay to get you through the huge lines at the airport

Traffic is heaver in Mobay, beach/pool chairs are harder to get, restaurant reservations are harder to get but the weather is beautiful, it is cold back home

It depends on what time of day you are arriving. Go to the Shangster airport and look up how many flights are arriving when your flight arrives. Mornings are better than afternoons.

We traveling Saturday morning and got the Club Mobay. We like the idea of after 7 days returning on a Saturday and having another day at home to do leaves, unpack, get ready for a "blistering" 3 day week leading up to the 4 day thanksgiving weekend with friends and family. The kids return from College so we'll need a few days to get ready.

I like the midweek idea and think those that can should travel when traffic is light!

I always wondered if getting to the resort mid week would result in getting the “leftover” rooms? I know the flights are more reasonable.

We always do weekend to weekend. This fits our work schedules the best.

Life is good

Mid week is best ... Used to do the weekend but no more ... Much prefer Tues/Wed/Thur arrival & departures .... Easier all the way around.
    Julie

Quote Originally Posted by Beach-bum View Post
    I always wondered if getting to the resort mid week would result in getting the “leftover” rooms? I know the flights are more reasonable.

We always do weekend to weekend. This fits our work schedules the best.

Life is good
    I had often thought about that in the past, but then I realized that this would only make sense under the assumption that everyone stays weekend-to-weekend. That would also mean that most people would get into their rooms later in the day, because housekeeping would be so busy, but that's not typically the case. The truth is: 1) people travel on many different days of the week, 2) not everyone stays for exactly 7 days or multiples thereof, and 3) what does that really mean anyway? Where we go, CN, there are 234 rooms, usually not sold out, and from the 3, soon to be 4, deluxe-level rooms we've stayed in, you couldn't pick one from the other out of a lineup. We used to only travel Sat-Sat, but on our last trip we did Fri-Mon (10 nights) and we loved the "off" travel days. This year it's Tues-Tues, which, to your point about airfare, was about $300 cheaper than Sat-Sat over the same period. We'll see how it goes!

Either way.... 15 freakin days to CN!!!!!
    "Brutalize me with music..."

CN: 11/2007, 11/2010, 11/2011, 11/2013

I set it up so my wife and I arrive on a Thursday. We are staying for 10 days so this means we get 2 beach parties and 2 Lobster nights =D

I was wondering as well about Club Mobay. We are arriving at 10:30 AM Thursday morning.