Default First Time at Couples-need help

This will be my first time going to a Couples resort. My husband and I are about to book a trip for this December-for my 30th Bday but we cannot decide which resort to stay at. I think we are leaning towards CN or CSA. This is what we are looking for:

A nice room
    Relaxation
    Good food/nice restaurants-we stayed in Jamaica in May at a different resort and were very disappointed in the food/restaurants.

We will not leave the resort once we are there so local attractions are not a concern.

Based on this criteria can you offer me any recomendations?

What is the difference b/w the 4 resorts? Does each one offer something special?

I noticed each Wed there is a new spcial-we are looking to book by the end of the week.

Thanks!

You have opened such a bucket of worms. You will find that all of us have our favorites. I think that all the resorts are special. You will get great food and great service at each of them.

The biggest difference between CSA and CN is size, location and of course the all nude beach that CN has.

We have been to CN 5 times and I have to tell you it does not get any better. We love it. This past summer we met a couple who had been to CSA and CSS, they loved CN, thought it was the better resort by far. Just the vibe of the place.

But the best advice anyone can give you is to go with the one that calls to you the most. Good luck and welcome to the family.

Thank you! Why is there a difference in price-I know sometimes the same hotel has differnet hotels in Jamaica and they are different levels of service-better hotels, rooms, etc. I was wondering if this is how Couples works. Which one has the nicest rooms? I do not know which one is calling me, they all look great and beatiful. Do any have that "wow" factor? When I went to Mexico for my HM 3 years ago-we were blown away by the place and the service. I am kind of trying to recreat that experience.

Csa csa csa csa csa csa!!!

You will not be disappointed with the food at CN. It's awesome! And there's so much to choose from. Lamb, filet, local seafood and even lobster night!! We love CN. Awesome beach, lots of activity (if you want) or no activity if you just want to lounge around and have your drinks served to you no the beach.

A couple people recently posted their reviews about CN. I only ever been to CN and enjoyed the stay. There are plenty of people on here that have been to multiple resorts.

Kristy1014

What you will find is that each of the 4 Couples Resorts are unique in their own way. They are all designed differently and can take on an atmosphere that is completely different from the other.

What you do have at each that is similar is the best staff that can be assembled and food that will tantilize your taste buds.

A nice room
    Relaxation
    Good food/nice restaurants
    Toss a coin to make your decision as you will find all that at any of Couples Resorts.

Look at as many pictures as you can find and let the resorts speak to your inner self. Let your heart make your decision. You won't go wrong.

kristy
    if you want to get nekkid then CSA is out
    if you want incredible beachs CN or CSA
    if you want private beach CSS CTI
    if you want to be on a deck on a island nekkid CTI
    if you want killer sunsets CN CSA
    if you want a walkable beach CN CSA
    if you want a great AN set up CSS
    enjoy
    as far as price difference never underestimate the power of supply and demand

All the resorts are Great.

A nice room - All the rooms are nice, CTI has the newest Rooms.

Relaxation - CSS and CTI are the most private, (They are not on a public beach so no vendors, jet ski's, or locals)

Good food/nice restaurants - All the resorts have great food
    Irie Mon

Quote Originally Posted by Kristy1014 View Post
    Thank you! Why is there a difference in price-I know sometimes the same hotel has differnet hotels in Jamaica and they are different levels of service-better hotels, rooms, etc. I was wondering if this is how Couples works. Which one has the nicest rooms? I do not know which one is calling me, they all look great and beatiful. Do any have that "wow" factor? When I went to Mexico for my HM 3 years ago-we were blown away by the place and the service. I am kind of trying to recreat that experience.
    Kristy-
    We've stayed at CN 3 times (Beachfront Suite, Oceanview & Garden), CSS (Beachfront) & CTI (then COR) (Garden). We have also toured CSA twice and have seen a Garden Verandah room. All the resorts have nice rooms. Believe me when I say....don't stress about the room. You're hardly ever in it except to sleep & change clothes! The location for us is more important than the room itself. The rooms have a laid back, Jamaican vibe....no glitz or glamour like Mexico. Please don't go to Jamaica expecting/hoping for what you find in Mexico. You may be setting yourself up for disappointment. What you WILL find in Jamaica is a comfortable, home-y, laid back vibe....completely different, IMO, than Mexico. Plus the best service, food & drinks you could hope to find ANYWHERE! We've done Mexico several times. Now, Jamaica is our "home".

I would have to agree with Blondie - go with the one that calls to you the most.

We were at CN last May for our honeymoon and we loved it. We are hoping to go back to CSA for my birthday next year. CN was great, lots to do at the resort, no need to go anywhere, the public beach was a bit of a downfall with all the people trying to push their wears on you, you just ignore them and they move on for the most part.

You will not be disappointed with the food. During our stay at CN, the food was so good our only problem was deciding what to not have. My husband gained about 10lbs while we were there.

Default My vote is CN!

My hubby and I did the Punta Cana thing then we did the Mexico thing (twice) and I dragged him (reluctantly) to CN last March. The last resort we had been in was Mayan Riviera so when we got to CN we thought we may have made a mistake. It was so much smaller and much less glitz than what we were use to. After and day and a half, we got it - we were home. It's about the vibe, the feeling you get when you are there. So relaxed and the fact that it was small made it more like a family since you would see all the same people and get to know them. We're booked for next March - can't wait! I'm sure you'll love Couples - no matter which one you choose! Sunsets in Negril can not be beat!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

As for the difference between the 4 resorts, they all offer something different and are all unique. We have been to them all and have our favorites, it's really just a personal preference as to which one is better.

Here are some quick differences:
    CTI - Completely private beach, yet small; separate island for nude sunbathing, 5 restaurants including Bayside that sits on the water; the most inclusions (Dunn's River, catamaran cruise, horseback riding in addition to the others). Only 5 buildings with rooms so the resort is very compact and intimate. Everything revolves around a central location. Just underwent a $30 million renovation - new rooms, new decor, new pools, etc. Fantastic food.

CSS - the newest to the Couples resort, but not the newest built. It used to be a Grand Lido then Couples bought it. Also have a completely private beach. Separate beach for nude sunbathing. Resort is very spread out and built on cliffs. It's split into 3 different levels, lots of steps throughout. Lots of foliage and hidden spots. Does not offer a catamaran cruise. 3 restaurants but 24 hour room service. All rooms are suites with mini bars. Rooms are more hotel like as far as the decor.

CN - Sits in Bloody Bay which it shares with 3 other resorts and public beach access. Separate section of main beach used for nude sunbathing. Individual buildings throughout the resort for the rooms. All on beach level. Somewhat spread out. Huge main pool with swim-up bar. Rooms decorated in bright colors. 24 hour room service only in select room categories and it must be ordered a day in advance.

CSA - Sits on 7 mile beach. Separate buildings for rooms that are cabana like, dark wood and white linens. Resort is spread out along the beach but all on beach level. Only resort with rooms right on the beach where you can walk off your first floor patio into sand. Fantastic food. Night Club. Some rooms do not have televisions. 5 restaurants.
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015