Results 1 to 15 of 15

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    24

    Default CSA Ocean Verandah Room ??

    Can someone tell me the Block numbers and best rooms in this category, not that it matters once I get there but just wondering if 1st , 2nd or 3rd is better in these blocks before I check in.
    thanks for any info.

  2. #2

    Default OV Suites

    We are going in November and staying in the OV suites. Our travel agent said block 2 is wonderful. We will see!
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyA View Post
    Can someone tell me the Block numbers and best rooms in this category, not that it matters once I get there but just wondering if 1st , 2nd or 3rd is better in these blocks before I check in.
    thanks for any info.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,322

    Default

    First floor for easy access, other floors for more privacy.

  4. #4

    Default

    Would like to know about the Ocean View rooms, first timers, arriving in December, we chose the Ocean View rooms because we wanted to be closer to the beach, less walking as husband has two rebuilt knees. Most posts are about Beach Front and Atrium rooms...

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ironbutterfly View Post
    Would like to know about the Ocean View rooms, first timers, arriving in December, we chose the Ocean View rooms because we wanted to be closer to the beach, less walking as husband has two rebuilt knees. Most posts are about Beach Front and Atrium rooms...
    We were also in building 12. We were in room 4114. I would ask for a first floor room, only 3 steps front or back. Also ask for a key for the patio door it will save you some steps. (Make sure you check to see if it works. Our first key didn't fit the knob.) In my opinion building 13 gets the least foot traffic. 14 & 15 have a jacuzzi in their "backyard" and 12 gets some foot traffic from people going from the nightly entertainment to the Aura Lounge. We sat on our patio early in the am, midmorning, late afternoon and early evening and never saw more than 2 couples each time. We were behind a crowd going to the Aura Lounge on night. Once you are in your room you really don't hear outside noise unless they are VERY loud and right by your room. Only got woken up one night as the party left the Aura Lounge at 2:15 am. It is a long walk to The Palms but it is an easy walk and can be taken at your own pace. The new bathrooms are really nice but there is a water drainage problem they are working on. We had to put towels down so the water didn't run into the bedroom.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    344

    Default

    Sorry to say, Ocean Verandah rooms do not always offer a view of the ocean. The buildings are angled away from the beach to help with the view with limited success. The view from the second and third floor rooms can also be blocked by foliage from trees. We love the first floor rooms for easy access as softail19 already pointed out. Ironbutterfly I'm sorry to say that your husband will have to walk a lot at CSA. The resort is spread out with restaurants at both ends. If you want to limit walking ask for a room in the newer buildings nearest the Greathouse so you can access the beach, pool bar, Cabana Grill, Feathers and Patois Patio restaurants. The problem is that nightly entertainment is performed in the Palms restaurant on the opposite end of the resort. I hope this helps and wish everyone a wonderful time in Paradise, aka CSA! 18 days and one sleep till we return home....

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by steveg52 View Post
    Sorry to say, Ocean Verandah rooms do not always offer a view of the ocean. The buildings are angled away from the beach to help with the view with limited success. The view from the second and third floor rooms can also be blocked by foliage from trees. We love the first floor rooms for easy access as softail19 already pointed out. Ironbutterfly I'm sorry to say that your husband will have to walk a lot at CSA. The resort is spread out with restaurants at both ends. If you want to limit walking ask for a room in the newer buildings nearest the Greathouse so you can access the beach, pool bar, Cabana Grill, Feathers and Patois Patio restaurants. The problem is that nightly entertainment is performed in the Palms restaurant on the opposite end of the resort. I hope this helps and wish everyone a wonderful time in Paradise, aka CSA! 18 days and one sleep till we return home....
    Well- when I looked at the map prior to booking, we didn't want to be way in the back by the road (Garden View ones) that would of been a big hike. The OV's are near where we will spend most of our time, especially swim up bar, jacuzzi, Patios, The Aurora. Yes and sadly, I know not much of a real ocean view, but it is still a slice of heaven, even if hubby has to hold my legs while I lean way over to sneak a glimpse from the balcony, LOL...Thanks again for the information.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    74

    Default

    Here is a map that shows the OVS bldgs (12-15). Last December, my hubby and I were in bldg 12 (closest to the Great House) and had room 4113. We had a great view of the ocean from our verandah. 4113 was the bottom floor left corner room if you are facing the building.

    Name:  new doc_1.jpg
Views: 655
Size:  233.4 KB

  9. #9

    Default

    This could be our exact map! Everything circled on yours was circled on ours.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,322

    Default

    Ironbutterfly, fyi, csa is a long and narrow property so even the gvs are not a hike to the beach. Maybe 3 minutes. No rooms are very far from the beach. Walking from the Greathouse to the Palms is a little bit more of a hike. Have a great trip!

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by softail19 View Post
    Ironbutterfly, fyi, csa is a long and narrow property so even the gvs are not a hike to the beach. Maybe 3 minutes. No rooms are very far from the beach. Walking from the Greathouse to the Palms is a little bit more of a hike. Have a great trip!
    Ok- thank you....at this point with the cold temps here already in Michigan, I'd take a hammock near the road LOL....

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    68

    Default

    We stayed in block 3, # 3313 - it was a corner room and had an ok view of the ocean but a great view of the grounds. Was right in front of a hot tub, too. We loved it.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    74

    Default

    Here is the view from 4113 OVS from Dec 2012 that I took from the verandah. Yes, there are trees/foliage in the way but the view of the water is still great.

    Name:  4113 View.jpg
Views: 472
Size:  209.3 KB

  14. #14

    Default

    ahhhhh that just looks like a little slice of heaven...we too have an OVS in 2 weeks...love your picture, thanks for sharing

  15. #15

    Default

    If you look at the map above, just as a frame of reference, the Main Lobby (#4) is less than 500 feet (150 m), as the crow flies, from the beach. One mistake that my wife and I made the last time we went is over-emphasizing our proximity to the beach. Truth is, everything is close.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •