Default Who has done the secret escape?

Where did you end up? The GF and I are making her 4th and my 2nd Jamaica trip to CSA in May. She has stayed at CN once and CSA once, only CSA for me. We love CSA, but I was thinking as a surprise of booking our Sept. trip, which is usually a Las Vegas vac. to a secret escape. I thought it would be a fun adventure. I think the Couples resorts are cant miss and this is the only thing that would get us to leave CSA.

Anyone done this? Where did you end up and how was it?

We have never done the secret escape however from the threads I have read on it you will typically end up on the Ocho side of the island. But as you stated Couples resorts are can't miss!!!!

Captain, we are csa loyalists and tried the sr in 09, ended up at css. We enjoyed ourselves, it's a gorgeous resort. I see why people love it! Did Dunn's river falls as we've always wanted to go there too. We just felt a, little isolated as there's no long beach to roam like at csa. We got a ocean suite maybe? C-3 and were very pleased with it, no view but it was huge! Two flat screens, a livingroom area and we were half way up the steps to the lobby and Ballon bar, pretty convienent?!
    It's a good deal and a little adventurous, I would do it again but honey loves Negril too much. I say go for it, they are all Couples resorts after all.
    Last edited by softail19; November 1st, 2013 at 11:34 AM.

Our daughter did the Secret Escape and ended up at tower Isle. She loved it.

Our first time at CTI was secret rendezvous and NOW we love CTI

Secret Rendezvous has a booking window of about only 30-60 days in advance. So you won't be able to book September until July or August. That is if they have the space available. If you want to go in September, I'd suggest going ahead and booking what you want now. With the $300 resort credit right now, that would be a better deal than SR.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Hi captainron62! Hubby and i haven't done a SR, but I am a message board addict and it appears that a lot of the couples have ended up on the Ocho Rios side of the island! I woudn't complain since hubby and I have been to CSS 7 times! I think a SR would be a great surprise for your GF! Have a wonderful trip!

We had always went to the Negril side of the island but in 2009 we tried the SR to save some cash when we decided to go at the last minute. We got CSS .... Most people end up there or CTI. We're glad we did it & CSS is a GORGEOUS resort but we wouldn't do it again. We missed the beach at CN (our very favorite place - Trip #7 coming up shortly) more than we thought we would, as well as the pool/pool bar at CN. If we would have got sent to CSA, which we'd been to once before, we would have been fine with it but CSS just wasn't our thing & I don't think we would like CTI much. The long white sand beach is just to important & CSS & CTI just don't have that.
    Julie

We did the Secret Rondezvous twice. First time got CSS and second time (this past September) went back to CTI. We've been to CTI, CSS and CN so far and had wonderful vacations at all of them. For us it was a win/win situation. We got a fantastic rate via the Wednesday specials and would have been happy with any of the 4 resorts. They all have special things about them so we didn't care.

I would do it if the price was right secret rendevous i susually a good deal, and having been to 3 of the properties they all will satisfy
    The sun & the sand & a drink in my hand, with no bottom

Quote Originally Posted by Coloradojuli View Post
    Secret Rendezvous has a booking window of about only 30-60 days in advance. So you won't be able to book September until July or August. That is if they have the space available. If you want to go in September, I'd suggest going ahead and booking what you want now. With the $300 resort credit right now, that would be a better deal than SR.
    Thanks, I get that. We are already going in May, I was just debating on maybe a last minute surprise and part of the surprise would also be the surprise of which resort we would visit. We have already visited CN and CSA.

We did it last November and ended up at cti. We love cti, so it was great. Do it!