Default Free stuff for honeymooners

I'll be heading to CSA for my Honeymoon in May of 2010. I'm reading that if you register as honeymooners you get a free massage and bottle of champagne.

But I don't understand. Aren't massages free anyway? Or is the spa not part of the "all inclusive" deal?

The spa is extra and not include in the "all inclusive" deal. Make sure you bring proof of wedding for check in (invitation, program, etc) to get your honeymooners gifts.
    Irie Mon

The spa is not usually part of the AI experience. If you check the website they have a listing of what is inlcuded. They also have the cost of all the different types of spa treatments.
    Linda

The spa is a pay-per-use service.

Spa services are not included. There is a price sheet on the CSA web site. Also, these are some of the few employees I am told that you do tip.

Spa services are not part of the all-inclusive package but are available at an additional cost. To be eligible to receive the honeymoon perks, you must arrive at the resort within 30 days of your wedding and bring proof of your wedding/marriage (e.g., your marriage certificate or your wedding invitation).
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

We didn't bother with the Champagne...theres plenty of other drink available within the resort

We just got married at CSS in August and we had champagne and a cheese and cracker plate in our room when we got there. We also got his and hers 30 minute massages for free- is this the free massage you are talking about? We also got "just married" t-shirts when we left. Now, we got married at the resort, but I would assume as a honeymooner you would get the same thing. Just to mention- even if you don't get a free massage, they are definitely worth the money- enjoy your honeymoon!!

Man, I wish the massages were free!!! But they are not. They are extra, but WELL worth it!!
    Kristen

This is right from the website:
    As an all-inclusive resort, everything is taken care of in your overall package, including all meals, snacks, premium brand cocktails and beverages (including the mini-bar selection if one provided in your room accommodation) unlimited use of sports facilities, including equipment rental and instruction, waterskiing, recreational activities, hotel taxes and airport transfers from Montego Bay [MBJ] with no tipping of Couples staff allowed. No hidden surprises.

Also from the website....

SPA

Are there Spa facilities on property?

Absolutely! If you need to be rejuvenated, just call the spa and make an appointment for an array of massages, aromatherapy, facials, manicures, pedicures and much more. These services are available for a modest additional charge.

Haha...the webmaster edited my last posting. I added a snarky remark at the end and they took it out.

Makes me wonder if they delete or edit all negative posts? Every SINGLE thing I've ever read on this message board has been gushingly positive. Seems impossible that this many people would have zero complaints.

My family has been to CSA multiple times and they loved it. So that's why I'm going. I think the message board has good information, but if you want unbiased opinions it seems like you should look elsewhere.

Hello mcf317,

I moderated your last post, and I didn't edit anything. Please post again.
    Regards,
    Seandymon
    Romance Rewards and Preferred Agency Program
    Couples Resorts!

Quote Originally Posted by mcf317 View Post
    Haha...the webmaster edited my last posting. I added a snarky remark at the end and they took it out.
    Probably not in the spirit of "luv n life", or Couples. It's a private board, after all.

Every SINGLE thing I've ever read on this message board has been gushingly positive. Seems impossible that this many people would have zero complaints.
    Read more. Negatives are discussed.
    I think the message board has good information, but if you want unbiased opinions it seems like you should look elsewhere.
    Like TripAdvisor, where the competition puts moles out there to drop derogatory info?

Mcf - congratulations on your upcoming wedding.

From reading this thread, I had to add a few thoughts.

First off, there are plenty of honest and negative remarks about the Couples resorts on this message board. You may not have seen a lot, and that's because there simply is not a lot to complain about. For example, I have repeatedly posted that the wine selection leaves something to be desired. And they have always posted this. And I also always add that we don't go to Jamaica to drink wine, we go there for Red Stripe and Rum and Tia Maria.

Check out a palapa thread. Ouch, there's always lots of honest discussion there! There's a post right now running from someone who is at CRA currently. The post is not exactly glowing (they have kind of a crappy view from their room). Of course, CSA is going to move them to a new room as soon as one is available.

Thirdly, I travel for work, and Bob and I travel several times a year, throughout North America and the Caribbean. I have never, ever stayed at a resort, including other all-inclusives, where the spa services were included. I always thought that Couples quite clearly stated this on their website under the spa services tab.

Finally, I have been on message boards where there is lots of negative discussion. It's painful to read. Is this board moderated? Sure it is. Will obviously false or hurtful items be edited? Yup. But I don't think you have to doubt the veracity of the things that you see posted on this board.

This is a private board paid for by the resort to discuss and promote Couples resorts. Negatives and positives are discussed, but in a adult manor and not in snarly remarks. Most items discussed are questions for planning purposes.

The other resorts do not have message boards so when you go to them you are going blind. You have to spend time learning what the resort has to offer and how to get it when you arrive, this costs honeymoon/vacation time.

At Couples Resorts before you go you have the opportunity to have all your questions answered and have your honeymoon/vacation plan completed. No time wasted!

Thank You Couples for this Message Board.
    Irie Mon

Fair enough...

Anyway, I'm going. Already booked the ticket. Just trying to determine which room to get. But I'm excited.

And I'll get a free massage, so it's not even a big deal that the spa isn't free. I know there are some AI resorts where spa services are included, but they are rare, so I shouldn't be surprised that Couples doesn't include it.

The CSA site here is cool and AHHHH!! The Honeymoon, as I am not ready for the big day I'm ready to get to paradise!! Steve and I are happy to hear mcf317 will be there too. Our arrival date is 5/16/2010. We have a lot to look forward to OMG free 1/2 hour messages and tee shirts this is gonna be great!