Thread: Eating healthy

Default Eating healthy

Im a "KosherLactoseintolerantGlutenFreeVegan".........W ell, not really! I sometimes bring my own food to parties if the host is not cognizent of my choices.

just under 4 years ago had a major health event that galvanzed the priority of eating right. I was in very good shape going into it so coming out of it was an easier transition for me than for many. I was also 47 and that helped! In the past on vacation I could afford to "go off the rails a bit" and partake in some unhealthy choices with little problem.

Now I just prefer to stick with what is working as I just feel better eating more sensible. While I don't expect a gluten free environment or in need of a "special diet", I was just wondering if others found the choices of good fruit, chicken, fish and veggies to their satisfaction. Im sure there are lots of soups with cream, burgers,cheese dishes and fried choices as there are in the real world but I need to navigate to other choices.

Its been about 13 years since I was at Couples Negril.

Please don't get me wrong, I will still partake in drinks that require a blender and will play two hours of tennis daily so its not a caloric thing!

While some celebrate wedding aniversaries my wife and I will be celebrating the "in sickness and in health" vow and from time to time I like to remind her not of my hard work or being "brave", but as my primary care giver what a great job she did and forever grateful! To not eat well and abuse myself is just rude to myself, and to her!

It is easy to eat healthfully at couples. There are numerous delicious chicken and fish dishes available daily, lots of veggies and fruits, fresh fruit smoothies, an omelet bar (where you can decide what goes inside). Also I think not all of the soups are cream based, but you will have to ask about that when ordering. You might be more challenged at Lemon Grass (because many dishes are fried or noodle based, though they may be rice noodles) but even there, you can probably find a couple of dishes to suit your needs.

You will be amazed at the number of healthy options. Plenty of fresh fruits, veggies, meats, etc. You'll do fine.

Between CN and CSA you will probably have more luck with CSA. There are more choices for food and in my opinion I felt I ate healthier at CSA than CN. (Although we love CN a little more) At CSA across the street they have a great fitness center with smoothie and flavored water bar.

Thanks, we plan on being over at teh fitness area a few hours a day as its things we like to do in our free time.

We'll be at CSA and the Center is the primary reason we made this choice. The flavored water, Smoothies (better with rum in it) and the lap pool are nice bonuses!

Bargamon - when are you vacationing? I booked CSS for a week followed by a week at CSA food my honeymoon next September Am now going to be eating a diet with no gluten, dairy, sugar (including alcohol), nightshade vegetables (tomatoes, potatoes, eggplant...), red meat...
    I love food.... but don't this to fight an immune disease

Hoping there will be enough options for me. Would love a report back after you vacation if it's before next Sept!