Thread: Advice Welcome!

Default Advice Welcome!

Hello!

Planning a wedding/honeymoon for July 30- Aug. 2. Just a few questions...

1. Best resort for a wedding;
    2. Best resort in general;
    3. Best for golfing and scuba diving.

I have been leaning towards CSS but then I get distracted by CSA and CTI :-). We don't want a resort that feels "like a hotel" as some of the reviews I have read. Just easy going, resort feel and a good time. This will be our first time out of the USA so we want it to be magical! Oh and our wedding to be magical as well-haha!

Thanks in advance!

My wife and I chose Couples Negril for our vow renewal and thought it was perfect, but we wanted the toes in the sand laid back beach wedding when we got married 10 yrs prior so thats what we were looking for. Scuba from CN is great but I have only been scuba diving one time and that was at CN so not sure my opinion counts. As far as golf I dont play but I know there is a course close to the resort that you get free green fees. I really like the laid back vibe and compact design of CN. The beach there is awesome, for me its the best place on earth I have found so far to spend a week
    My wife and I return to CN july 30 and staying till Aug the 7th. Our anniversary is the 3rd and my Bday is the 6th

Farley543, we got married at csa in 04 and have trip #6 booked including a vow renewal for next April. We've also been to css. They are all good but you can tell which one we like best. If you'd like a few pics of csa, email me at saraclemons19@yahoo.com

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. CTI is definitely the most "hotel like" of all of the resorts. The other three are more spread out in multiple building blocks. Some other things to point out, though. If a private beach (with no outside vendors wandering by) is important to you, choose CTI or CSS. Both CN and CSA are on an easily accessible public beach and have vendors (although they can only stroll along the water line). Having said that, if long romantic walks along the beach are important, choose CSA or CN. All of the resorts have beautiful locations for weddings, but I always thought the gazebo along the cliffs of CSS was particularly beautiful. If AN is important to you, pick any resort BUT CSA. If having the widest variety of restaurants is important, choose CSA. I can't really address the golfing, but the scuba diving is similar both in Negril and Ocho. This isn't the Great Barrier Reef, but the diving is certainly good.

One couples isn't better then the other they are just different and we all have our favorites. Ours being CSS for romance and CSA for a little more activity and best beach. Look at all the pictures you can find and pick the one that calls to you.

CTI is a hotel. CSA is huge. CSS is a jungle. CN is magical!
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    CTI is a hotel. CSA is huge. CSS is a jungle. CN is magical!
    Well put, Wally.

I agree that CN is magical, and it was my choice for my honeymoon and to celebrate our 5th anniversary. It would be perfect spot for a wedding too.

farley543:

You're going to hear it from all sides about which one is the best, which means you know you can't go wrong with any of your options. But if you were initially leaning towards CSS, I would recommend you stick with your first impressions.

The landscape of CSS creates some beautiful natural backgrounds for pictures that no other resort can offer, and they have many beautiful options for wedding locations on the resort. I would find it difficult to choose.

research them all and you will find "the one" that is calling you. Everyone can give their own opions but you will know which one your gut is telling you to book! Enjoy
    Randi & Sherri
    (Pork Chop)

We just booked out July 2014 wedding for Couples Negril! We have never been to an all inclusive before either. Sooo excited!
    I just thought CN looked nicest from the pictures hah

We just got back from CSS and it was very romantic to me, a lot of little get aways you can steal away for a romantic moment. The beach wasn't all that huge but there was a lot of room and everyone is extreamly friendly there. They are right it is a jungle... lots of tree's and green. A lot of steps !

farley543,

First of all, a huge CONGRATS on your upcoming wedding!!! I would have to say to go with your gut (as someone else stated). If CSS was the 1st to speak to you--that beconed you--then that's where you should go! That said, we are partial to CSA, as we just got married there this May. I can't begin to tell you how fabulous and wonderful Couples is. Their staff...there are no words for the awesomeness that is the Couples staff...especially CSA. I think it's safe to say you'll love whichever destination you choose, but there will be one you would love over the others--one that touches deeper. For us, that was CSA. We were torn between it and CN, but were also intrigued by the lush landscape of CSS (which CSA also has--it's just tucked away within the resort). Personally, I don't feel CSA is "huge", as Wally referred to it. I love that it's spreadout...it creates a feeling of privacy and seclusion! But I suppose that also depends on your room block. We were in the Beachfront Suites (room 2230). Our view of the ocean and beach every morning (and every other time of day) was amazingly breath taking (we are from Kansas, so ya know...)! So we were steps from any beach chair, beach bar, virtually all restaurants, the water sports hut, even the main lobby wasn't far. Our "largest" hike, if you want to call it that, was to the Great House and activity desk. Even the Cabana Grill and Patois weren't far--but they are on the backside of the Great House, so it was a straight shot down the beach path. Any 'jonts' were welcomed...we considered it our "exercise" for the week! LOL

Whatever you choose, you will love it and have the most amazing experience of your life. You will fall in love with Couples and find your home-away-from-home! Good luck and happy wedding and honeymoon

As everyone else has said, CTI is a big box, and not at all resort-like in my opinion. We were married on the beach on 4/20/13 at CSA...our home away from home. I also recommend following your heart as to what resort speaks to you. Be sure you look at the indoor options for weather-back-up locations for your ceremony as you're going in hurricane season and rain is likely.

Enjoy your wedding and honeymoon... You will have a lifetime of memories!!

First of all, please don't worry about the weather, it'll be fab! We honeymooned at CTI in JULY! Went back for our 25th anniversary and have been back every year since! It's not a box, it's gorgeous with it's breathtaking views of the ocean and the staff at CTI..superb! We've also been to CSS. Love it there too! Our daughter just married at CSS in October of this year (while we stayed at CTI less than a 5 minute drive the day of the ceremony). They chose an 11:00 am ceremony as the day can get hot. It was also hurricane season, also beautiful weather! CSS treated our daughter like a princess. It was the most glorious ceremony in the gazebo on the side of the cliff overlooking the aqua water and the clear blue sky. Breathtaking! The photos taken by staff on the grounds of the resort are beautiful. CSS is more private than CTI as the grounds are larger and there are all kinds of places to escape to. Hidden hot tubs, hidden hammocks, hidden walkways.

Regardless of the Couples resort you choose, it will always hold a special place in your heart and you will go back because....once you go, you know!

CSA allows you direct access to the lively Long Bay beach scene. It's alot of fun to stroll up and down the beach and visiting the locally-owned bars and restaurants. Also, we have a blast interacting with the vendors along the way, what a great experience that is. CSA is also the only resort to have their own nightclub if evening entertainment is important to you.

Good luck! I'm sure you'll enjoy any one of the four you have to choose from. My advice? Go with your gut instinct.

Quote Originally Posted by BobandJudy View Post
    Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. CTI is definitely the most "hotel like" of all of the resorts. The other three are more spread out in multiple building blocks. Some other things to point out, though. If a private beach (with no outside vendors wandering by) is important to you, choose CTI or CSS. Both CN and CSA are on an easily accessible public beach and have vendors (although they can only stroll along the water line). Having said that, if long romantic walks along the beach are important, choose CSA or CN. All of the resorts have beautiful locations for weddings, but I always thought the gazebo along the cliffs of CSS was particularly beautiful. If AN is important to you, pick any resort BUT CSA. If having the widest variety of restaurants is important, choose CSA. I can't really address the golfing, but the scuba diving is similar both in Negril and Ocho. This isn't the Great Barrier Reef, but the diving is certainly good.
    This may be the most unbiased and concise assessment I have ever read. It really comes down to what YOU PERSONALLY are looking for, there is not one that is better, just the one that fits what you like more closely.

Thank everyone for their response! Sorry I took so long, I just figured out how to see replies! We booked a trip for CSS (7/30-8/6) and will be married August 2, 2014, at 2pm. We are beyond excited for our trip!