Default Couples Barbados becoming a Sandals

We recently enjoyed a stay from Nov 1st to 8th during the transition to Sandals and must say that I wished the resort had stayed a Couples. On Nov 6th, the first day of the changeover, one could see that the climate of the resort had changed considerably, and for that reason, we will remain a loyal Couples user. It is really too bad that Couples got outbid for this property as we felt it was nicer than any of the Jamaica properties. Hopefully they will be able to re-establish the Couples brand in Barbados as it is a lush, beautiful island

Myself wife and the 3 other couples agree with your assessment after staying at Couples Barbados in October though we have only been to Couples in Negril And Sweptaway.And yes another Couples in Barbados would be great, however I think Couples made a wise decision as they would have had to increase the price substantially due to the high airfare from the US. At the repeaters dinner we discussed this with the GM Wayne Williams an that was a problem they were contemplating. This is 1 of the reasons for the big discount given + the governments giving the inducement money. Unless there's a lot of wealthy couples out there, I don't believe Sandals will be filling up those rooms to recoup the money they spent to out bid Couples even with a new Beaches being part of the deal! Anyway Couples Barbados was a beautiful resort!!!!