Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Swimwear - CSA

I'll just go ahead and say it, I'm a 25 year old female from Oklahoma that has been hitting the gym hard to look the best that I possibly can for my 13 day wedding/honeymoon in Negril. The 8 days we are at CSA I will absolutely be wearing a thong bikini and at least sunbathing topless a few of the days. I don't get to do that here in Oklahoma and I'm paying the same price to be there as anyone else. You are on vacation and if someone doesn't like it-LOOK AWAY! It doesn't matter if you're 25 or 75-you shouldn't be limited to when you can do something. I say go for it!!

I will be 60 on our next trip, with mrs. dirtleg not far behind. We both look better in our bathing suits now than we did on our first trip to CSA almost 10 years ago. If you work hard to look your best and are proud of what you have achieved, then show it off however you feel comfortable.

See you at the beach!
    See you at the beach!
    dirtleg & sandyfoot

I agree..........not sure what is being questioned ??? I'm a 62 year old woman and retired from a high school where the kids would question my age. They all thought I was 40 something, and I feel wonderful. I don't wear thongs, but do wear 2 piece suits and I look great ! I'm that confident. Been taking mid-winter vacations since 1994 and will continue to.

Hey lwcw............60's is the new 30's !!!! Enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by Ge View Post
    I agree..........not sure what is being questioned ??? I'm a 62 year old woman and retired from a high school where the kids would question my age. They all thought I was 40 something, and I feel wonderful. I don't wear thongs, but do wear 2 piece suits and I look great ! I'm that confident. Been taking mid-winter vacations since 1994 and will continue to.

Hey lwcw............60's is the new 30's !!!! Enjoy
    I agree....and I intend to!

Thanks.

I posted yesterday, but I think an extra click wiped it out.......sorry if it repeats. What I said was that I don't know what goodspkr is questioning as well ???? I'm 62, in great shape, always wear a two piece, covers what it needs to and very tasteful. (not a thong, don't like the dental floss feel). I am retired from a high school where when the students questioned my age, they always guessed me in my early 40's I take care of myself, eat right, exercise regularly and it's not that hard to do.

Hey lwcw................ 60's are the new 30's !!!!! No walkers for us........at least not until we hit the triple digits Maybe.

Been taking mid-winter vacations (mostly Jamaica) since 1994. I lost my husband in 2004, still did the mid-winter vacations with friends until I was blessed to fall in love with (2008) and marry a wonderful man in 2011, who loves the mid-winter trips as well.
    Enjoy every day !

This cracks me up, always does. I pay very little attention to other peoples swim suits. Not that I don't see some that I think would look better with maybe a little more on, but it's their vacation so they can wear, or not wear, what they choose on the beach as long as it is allowed. Me I'm an old, fat, out of shape 62 year old, who has to bend over to see his toes, and I wear Speedo's. Yes that's right, Speedo's. Now I do worry if my fly is undone though! Is good Mon!

Absolutely you should wear what you want to wear. I just ordered several new thong swimsuits for our trip...something I would never wear at home, but it's vacation and that's part of the fun of it. I know my husband is looking forward to it too and might even don a thong if his own.

Quote Originally Posted by misbay View Post
    Absolutely you should wear what you want to wear. I just ordered several new thong swimsuits for our trip...something I would never wear at home, but it's vacation and that's part of the fun of it. I know my husband is looking forward to it too and might even don a thong if his own.
    That's a lucky husband... and daring man. Good for him.

Hmmm if your wife wants to wear a thong and go topless ...ok by me ...but dude....a thong?...really??

As the originator of this thread, I thought I'd post an update.

We returned last evening after our 7 days at CSA. Yeah, the "it rains every afternoon" 7 days. All in all we enjoyed our vacation, although it was almost more relaxation than I can stand. I am usually quite busy doing something, so to just do nothing for 7 days was pretty tough for me. It was good to get home, even if it's cold here.

The beach crowd at CSA, and those walking up and down the beaches of the Negril area were a bit more conservative than I had imagined. I stayed somewhat on the conservative side, wearing bikini swimwear most of the time. My wife did go sans the top of her bikini on several occasions while reading her book on the beach. On our last day I decided I had to enjoy the "freeness" of one of the thongs I had along, if only for about an hour. I purposely waited until the beach was less busy, so to offend as few people as possible if any were to take offense at my decision. Most of the time I just stayed on my lounge chair, but finally walked down to the water for a short swim, and enjoyed the freedom and feel I had looked forward to.

So...there you have it. If you happened to be at CSA last week and saw a older guy in a thong for a short time, I guess it would have been me

Good for you! Wow you must of had some tan lines in the thong if you wore swim trunks all week before switching!!

Kudo's to you. It was your vacation and you should have worn what you wanted to. I think, in my opinion anyway, that Couples Swept Away and Negril are both pretty conservative when it comes to beach wear. I have never noticed a lot of topless bathers in 8 trips, but then I really don't pay that much attention. Same way with thongs, but I say, if that is what you want to wear, and how you want to sun bathe, go for it as long as it is not breaking any posted rules, and you didn't. Hope you had a great time and in 8 days and a bag drag we will be there, no thong, but I will have on a pair of speedo's. Is good Mon!

Good for you!

Did you say it rained every day you were there? I've been keeping an eye out on the weather and it looks like it's been cloudy all week and plans to continue to be. I'm pretty bummed about it since we plan to be there this weekend and it seems like we can look forward to rain and clouds the whole time.

Good for you!

My previous post doesn't appear to have posted so sorry if it's on a delay and I post this twice.

Did you say it rained every day? We're coming this weekend and worried it'll be gloomy and wet the whole trip :/

The wide variety of answers here (some judging, some not, some comical, some totally outrageous) is exactly why we go to CSS and spend all our time on Sunset Beach totally nude! No worries about thongs or topless, no one cares if you've got "it" or not - just total freedom and a whole lot of really good lifetime friends!

TravelGal....It did rain every afternnon, but as I understand it the number of times it rained and the amount was rather unusual for this time of year. Until the dark clouds would come in from the East shortly after Noon the weather was fantastic. It was also speculated that the weather system that was dumping snow and ice all over the USA was huge and significant enough to have affected Jamaica's weather in the way it did. Weather-wise the trip was great compared to what we missed in the Midwest. No regrets, Mon!

columbo....As for the tan lines, that was pretty much handled with trips to the tanning salon for a good "base" before we left. Without that I would have probably been a crispy critter.

Most important you guys enjoyed yourselves, glad you had that base have seen too many people expose parts on vacation that never seen the sun before and a day or two later they are miserable!!! Besides especially for women, nothing worse that a nice sexy style dress with two or three deep different tan lines sticking out, Go topless, go nude, go thonged!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lwcw View Post
    TravelGal....It did rain every afternnon, but as I understand it the number of times it rained and the amount was rather unusual for this time of year. Until the dark clouds would come in from the East shortly after Noon the weather was fantastic. It was also speculated that the weather system that was dumping snow and ice all over the USA was huge and significant enough to have affected Jamaica's weather in the way it did. Weather-wise the trip was great compared to what we missed in the Midwest. No regrets, Mon!

columbo....As for the tan lines, that was pretty much handled with trips to the tanning salon for a good "base" before we left. Without that I would have probably been a crispy critter.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2