Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Swimwear - CSA

Default Swimwear - CSA

My wife and I will be going to CSA early next year. This past Winter we went to Punta Cana and both wore thongs while on the beach. Felt great! I've done a search and most of the threads are rather old, but it sounds like our thongs will probably not be out of place at CSA. My wife went topless for a short time at Punta Cana and is looking forward to it again, and I understand from the FAQ that topless is OK at the beach at CSA.

So...as a relatively fit 155# 61 year old with my marathon-running almost 10 year younger wife, will we be the only "mature" couple wearing thongs at CSA? Will we be one of a very few wearing thongs at all?

Been going to CSA for the past 10years and have only seen a couple of women wearing thongs and no men, and very rarely topless. Swimwear seems to be quite conservative at CSA, but you could start a new trend

You will be the only male wearing one, but your wife will be right at home both with the thong and topless.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

From my three past visits to CSA, I've only seen a handful of women wearing thongs and they're usually the ones going topless. Topless is acceptable while lying down on a lounge chair but not while walking around. CSA is on a public beach and flaunting nudity in Jamaica isn't acceptable unless you're at a private resort like Hedonism...

I have seen maybe 1 guy wearing a thong and I once saw a woman strolling Long bay topless. Brave woman I say wear what you want, nobody cares.

We were there last October, three couples, the ladies were topless everyday, one wore a thong everyday, my wife wore one half the time and the other not at all. We saw many topless women on the beach our two weeks there and maybe a half dozen in thongs. Never saw a guy in one, but would care less if there was a guy wearing one. Your vacation, your money, your happiness and most of all your choice!

We have been to CSA and CN and have seen only one male in a thong on the beach at CN, his wife was also and she was topless. Topless is permitted on the beach at bothe CN and CSA, and I have never seen it restricted to a lounge chair, I have seen women go into the ocean topless from their chair and a few not many walk the waters edge topless, including my spouse for about 11 trips to Jamaica now with never an issue.

I will just add, I wouldn't have the cahones? to go topless or wear a thong but as I always say, if ya got it, flaunt it!

No worries about going topless---we both go topless. Our 2014 return trip home soon come.

It sounds like we might want to have a "wait and see" attitude about the thongs. Neither one of us intends to strut up and down the beach in our "minimal" swimwear, but getting up from a lounge chair to go into the water, yeah.

Thanks, for now! I'm looking forward to February. It's already too cold here for my preference now.

No law against it, no rules against it. If you're comfortable go for it. If anyone has a problem with it that's their problem.

S/F
    Scott and June

been going tojamaica 4 30 years. i always go topless, with jean shorts with the butt cheeks cut out. cooler than a thong

Quote Originally Posted by steveg52 View Post
    From my three past visits to CSA, I've only seen a handful of women wearing thongs and they're usually the ones going topless. Topless is acceptable while lying down on a lounge chair but not while walking around. CSA is on a public beach and flaunting nudity in Jamaica isn't acceptable unless you're at a private resort like Hedonism...
    We've only been to CSA once, but the (very few) topless women that were there, were walking down the beach. I don't think the topless thing is restricted to lounge chairs.

I don't remember seeing man-thongs and only maybe 1-2 lady thongs.

Do a "trading Spaces" day with CN. You will feel welcome.

I know that when I was at CSA this year we did not see anyone topless, we did see several women in thongs though, but no men (and I have to say thank you for that because most of the men that I have seen in thongs should not be wearing them). But that could have just been the crowd that was there at the time. We have been to CN many times and seen many, many women topless, my self included, and plenty of thongs as well, both male and female. So go for it if you are comfortable.

As for being restricted to your lounge chair, that is not correct at all. Yes it is a public beach, up to the high water line, where the lounge chairs are located is CSA's beach. And while it is true that the Jamaican people do not normally appear nude on the beach, they are a modest culture, it is legal and acceptable in Jamaica to be topless on the beach.
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you will be a mile away and they will be barefoot!

OK. Where’s the thong cartoon??

Life is good

Personally, I don't pay much attention to what people wear or don't wear on the beach at Negril. I do recall seeing an older gentleman wearing a thong, but I could not help but to see and join in the laughter. It seemed he had lost some kind of a bet, and while his fellow men held up towels around him, we could see that he was changing. When he was finished, he held the towel around him, then after much ribbing from his group, he dropped his towel, turned around and slowly strutted into the ocean wearing a thong. His group hooted and laughed as did others of us around them, all in good nature, and being a sport he kept it on the rest of the afternoon. That is the only male I have seen wearing a thong, but that does not mean others don't I just don't notice them. As far as topless, yes I have seen that, about every trip, but I could not tell you if it was only one or a bunch, here again just don't pay that much attention to what other people are wearing or not wearing.

It's you vacation, wear what you want have fun and enjoy yourself. I always figure what is the likely hood I will see all these people again and if I do, so what. Is good Mon!

Been to CSA 3x's and going for 4th in 2014. Haven't seen many thongs on men or women and rarely topless. The women who go topless do it while sunbathing. Haven't seen them walking around to the bar or out in the water. Nothing against topless, but since it is the minority at this resort, I get the sense that other women appreciate that topless women aren't displaying it. Only men in thongs I've seen are ones walking the beach from other resorts..........and there hasn't been anything "worth looking at". They all seem to be elderly gentlemen that really should not be displaying so much of their backside.

Not sure where some of these people are going lol! I've been to CSA 5 times and have never seen a man in a thong and only on rare occasions have I seen women in thongs. One local walks the beaks in a thong and is probably in her 50-60's.

I've seen a tiny handful of women topless, either on a lounge chair or out in the water on a float.

All but one have been very young. I would say do as you please but be discreet and not run up and down the beach.

Last year when we were at CSA, one young twenty-something female wore a thong on the catamaran cruise. I overheard a group of women and they were livid that she would wear that in front of all their husbands. They were not exactly being quiet about it. I believe the couple was from South America and thongs may be more routine for them.

I personally thought she had an amazing rear end and I told my husband if I had one that looked like that I would be tempted to show it off, too. My husband had a great view of it as her significant other lifted up the back end of her mini dress so she would not get it wet while wading out to the catamaran.

Quote Originally Posted by smroot View Post
    It seemed he had lost some kind of a bet, and while his fellow men held up towels around him, we could see that he was changing. When he was finished, he held the towel around him, then after much ribbing from his group, he dropped his towel, turned around and slowly strutted into the ocean wearing a thong. His group hooted and laughed as did others of us around them, all in good nature, and being a sport he kept it on the rest of the afternoon.
    That's hilarious! A memory they'll all look back upon and laugh about. Awesome.

Seriously.... Wear the thongs! Who cares what other people think! I'm not a thong guy, but to each his own. As for topless, we've never been to a Caribbean beach where there weren't topless women, and we've been to a lot. And, I don't know about the other resorts, but at CN, we've seen many women going topless, some even around the pool area, and we've seen two guys in thongs, but one I think was the result of a lost bet, for real. LOL
    "Brutalize me with music..."

CN: 11/2007, 11/2010, 11/2011, 11/2013

I haven't really seen thongs at CSA and only 1-2 topless sunbathing women per year (and never walking around). CSA is the most conservative of couples resorts as far as dress goes. All of the other couples resorts have a nude sunbathing area (but still no thongs :-)). I say wear whatever your comfortable in, but you may not be too comfortable in a thong. Maybe to a trading places to Couples Negril for a day on the nude beach?

Does anyone else get the feeling that this is a put on? 61 year old? Felt great?

I guess I don't know what you're questioning. Age? Feeling great? Although 61 isn't exactly young, I'm younger than I'll ever be again and I'm thoroughly enjoying life with my wonderful wife. I'm not ready for a walker yet

I just wish we would have started taking mid-Winter Carribean vacations years ago.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast