Default Small suggestion regarding romance rewards

I totally get the 4 year expiration date. The only thing I could suggest is having points expire at the end of the month of your last stay 4 years prior instead of the exact day. We will loose 7 points 3 days prior to our arrival based on the history of my account. That knocks us out of Passionate and makes me sad. Even when room upgrades if available were part of the rewards, we never got lucky. In fact I am not one of those lucky free upgrade rooms people you hear about....not ever. And I do have to say...feeling a bit unlucky by 3 days this coming visit.
    Holly Irvin

Sounds like a good suggestion to me! I believe a lot of yearly repeaters go around the same time every year(including us)..but not always the same EXACT dates due to flight schedules etc . If its possible for Couples to set it up that way I think its a good "tweak" to the current system. I also thought the suggestion of points expiring at the end of calendar year was a good one, but this is a good compromise
    Unfortunately we don't make the rules.

All the other threads got locked...c'mon now.

People, remember that Romance Rewards are a perk that Couples is not required to give. I understand the frustration but using exact dates is likely the most equitable method. What if your expiring trip overlaped a month end? Then which month do the points expire? I know the preferred answer but ...

Randymon addressed this issue quite politely in a previous thread that is now closed. We all know the rules and at times they may appear unfair to us but they are what they are.

That being said, enjoy your trip.

I like your idea, and although we have only been to couples once, i feel the same about the upgrade comment. We went there in March for our weddingmoon. We were totally looking forward to sweet talking the airline attendant into upgrading us to a first class seat. We get to airport, and its all self serve. So no free upgrade like they show in the movies. First class seats were going to cost us like 2 grand extra. My friends that came for our wedding got to CSS the week before us, and got upgraded from the beachfront suite to the Harry Belafonte Penthouse suite. My parents arrived the day before us and got upgraded from an oceanview suite to a beachfront suite. We booked a beachfront suite, and we got upgraded to... A beachfront suite... Now, i am not complaining at all. I absolutely loved our room. Just one of those things where everyone got upgrades EXCEPT the bride and groom. But no worries, we loved the view and central location to the important areas, andmaybe we will get upgraded next year. Until then, soon come.

Randy...I hope you read this and perhaps can take this as a simple suggestion and not a rant. We have 7 points expiring on January 22, 2014 which knocks us down a level. We are actually arriving for our much anticipated 4th trip to CN just 3 days later. Then we have more points dropping off on February 5, 2014. Now these points were all awarded for the same stay back in 2010...but points are awarded at check in and then at check out and then of course currently those are the exact days 4 years later they expire. Perhaps a happy compromise is if the points expired 4 years from the check out date? Or even at the end of the month would allow a bit more flexibility with schedules and airfares and what not.

My point is this...if you are awarding me points at check in, as far as I know I am not allowed to apply them to that stay so I can't be bumped up a level. Why not just award all points at the end of the stay and have them expire 4 years from that date or the end of that month?

I do want to say that I enjoy the Romance Rewards because they are EASY to use so we are able to enjoy our time that much more which again, keeps us coming back. There was a program at one resort we stayed at in Mexico that was so constricting and confusing that we ended up wasting our rewards and I have read similar horror stories at other places. So I do want to thank Couples for creating a very user friendly program. And I also know that most resorts don't take the time to address their guests concerns and suggestions like Couples does.

That being said...I am still disappointed.
    Holly Irvin

Quote Originally Posted by mshell View Post
    Sounds like a good suggestion to me! I believe a lot of yearly repeaters go around the same time every year(including us)..but not always the same EXACT dates due to flight schedules etc . If its possible for Couples to set it up that way I think its a good "tweak" to the current system. I also thought the suggestion of points expiring at the end of calendar year was a good one, but this is a good compromise
    Unfortunately we don't make the rules.
    Agreed!!!!!!