Thread: Dress Code

Default Dress Code

We have been to the other 3 Couples resorts and this is our first
    at San Souci. I have read most forums and maybe missed it however
    what is the dress code at the restaurants for men.
    Also, do they serve drinks on the beach like the rest of the resorts.
    Looking forward to San Souci to see how it compares to the others.
    Leave Nov. 16 to Nov. 23
    thanks

Cassanova Restaurant - slacks for men.
    Pallazina - dress shorts (evenings); dry bathing suits (lunch)
    Beach Grill/Bella Vista - Anything goes
    Cigar Dude
    Smoke 'em if you got 'em!

My cigar blog: http://tinytimblog.blogspot.com/

Looks like Cigar Dude has it down. Also, for the Starlight Gala, some people dress it up while others go a little more casual (we typically get a little dressed up but nothing fancy - slacks and nice shirt). Yes, the flag service on the beach is just as good at CSS as any of the other Couples Resorts. Have a blast!!

Hi There!

We've only been to CSS (4 times as of this October 2014). Would enjoy hearing your "take" on the other locations. CSS , I would say is very "Jimmy Buffet" style, layed back, older beachy decor, but very clean.

-Christie

Hi Christie,

We've been to each of the Couples Resorts and will tell you that each of them has its own "flavor". Using CSS, which you're familiar with, as a basis we'll try to briefly describe the others.
    - CTI is a smaller resort made up of 5 interconnected buildings 3-5 floors high (depending on the building). There are more restaurants. It has a smaller beach but also a pier to lay out on. The AN area is on a small island which the resort will help you get to/from with a boat during the day.
    - CSA is a larger resort, spread out, like CSS (but without the stairs), with different categories of rooms in a variety of building types (2 or 3 story) and also rooms in the Great House. Rooms (buildings) are located in the center (except those in the Great House) of the resort with restaurants and pools at either end. The beach runs the length of the resort and has soft, white sand. There is no AN beach but they have a fabulous fitness area across the street (they stop traffic to allow guests to cross). There are more restaurants and the beach grill is at one end of the resort with a health food snack bar, Seagrape Cafe, at the other.
    - CN is also spread out but less than CSS or CSA. It has 9-3 story buildings with a variety of room types. It is the opposite of CSA in that the main pool and restaurants are at the center of the resort with the rooms (buildings) in the periphery. The beach also runs the length of the resort but is deeper than CSA's. There is an AN beach at one end of the resort (by building 9). As it sits in a cove the water is generally calmer than any of the other resorts.
    We're sure you'll get others' input on the differences between the other resorts. While you're at CSS in October you may want to try the Trading Places perk, if you're a Romance Rewards member (if not you may want to sign up), and make a day trip to CTI to see it for yourself. Then you may want to plan a trip to the other side of the island. Have fun!

Bart and Bug are right on with the resorts however I can't comment on San Souci
    until I go there in Nov. Right Now our preference has been Couples Negril and we are going
    there again in Dec. for our 5th time. Just like everything about it and the main pool area
    being in the central area around everything. As far as food our preference has been CTI as it
    has a great beach bar (healthly food) and the Asian restaurant is the best of them all in our opinion.
    Enjoy and we are really looking forward to CSS

Our preference still has been CN just because we really enjoy the layout.
    The food in our opinion is the best at CTI as they have a great beach bar with
    healthy food made to order. The Asian restaurant at CTI is fabulous. Bart and Bug
    are right on in their view however I cant comment on CSS until Nov.
    enjoy