Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1

    Default For 'Beach Walking/Lounging Lovers' who have vacationed at Couples Tower Isle

    Our first experience at A Couples Resort was at Swept Away....it was heaven! Schedules and the increased prices have resulted in booking at Couples Tower Isle this year. I'm just not feeling excited about this resort due to the lack of beach. We could have booked another resort with a larger beach but I think once you've experienced a Couples Resort any other resort pales in comparison.
    Is there anyone else out there who have felt the same before going to Tower Isle? And what was your experience and thoughts after being there?

  2. #2

    Default

    After 3 trips to CSA I personally had the same feeling about trying CTI. My wife wanted to try another Couples Resort and I really was happy with CSA. Well after 3 trips to CTI and a soon to be 4th I must tell you that I and my wife are totally happy with CTI. Yes the beach is much smaller, the resort is much smaller but the staff has always been great, the resturants are all great but what makes it special to us are the people that we have met there and remained friends with who travel back each August. Because the resort is not as spread out you actually get to meet people on a daily basis and get to know the staff better for the same reason. Did I mention that the swim up pool bar is larger, better and the entertainment staff come by a couple of times a day and get the guests involved, never had or saw that at CSA. The beach isn't as nice as the Negril side of the island but it is completely adequate and when we go in August never crowded. We had never tried A/N before CTI but a trip to the Island is a must and you may find that will put your CTI reservations away. Go to CTI with an open mind and don't try and compare as they are not the same and you will enjoy your stay and want to go back each year.

  3. #3

    Default

    We did a split stay at CN and then CTI one time. After one day at CTI we made arrangements to return to CN and returned on the next day.
    <font size=2>
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015, CN 2016

  4. #4

    Default

    🙂thanks
    Last edited by Janiam; January 28th, 2016 at 01:04 PM.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    We did a split stay at CN and then CTI one time. After one day at CTI we made arrangements to return to CN and returned on the next day.
    Do you mean you returned to CN for the remainder of your vacation after spending one day at CTI? If so, would you mind me asking to elaborate on your reasons?

  6. #6

    Default

    😟🕶
    Last edited by Janiam; January 28th, 2016 at 01:06 PM.

  7. #7

    Default

    Sorry for so many post...it didn't seem to be working..😊
    Last edited by Janiam; January 28th, 2016 at 01:09 PM.

  8. #8

    Default

    ..
    Last edited by Janiam; January 28th, 2016 at 01:07 PM.

  9. #9

    Default

    We have done both CSA and CTI. We like both equally for different reasons. It is unfair to make any direct comparisons to any of the Couples resorts. Would you really want the cookie cutter sameness like you will find at the larger resort chains?

    Yes, CTI has a smaller beach. But it is plenty large enough to handle the number of people staying at this resort. The swimming area is plenty large enough also. Something we like about the CTI beach. In Jamaica, the area adjacent to the water on any beach is considered public property. At CSA there is a constant parade of outsiders, vendors, drug dealers, etc, on the beach. This can't happen at CTI. On one side of the resort there is a rocky area with a sea wall and on the other side there are cliffs. This completely isolates the beach. CTI has the closest thing to a private beach at any Couples resort. Yes, I know at CSA these outsiders will leave you alone if you ask. But at CTI you never need to ask. The resort is also far enough out of town that you don't see much boat traffic either. What you will miss are the spectacular sunsets. You can't have everything.

    CTI has lots to offer. If you would like to try some off resort excursions there is a lot more to do in Ocho Rios area than in Negril. Dunn's River Falls is included for free and is only a short bus ride away. If you try to do this from Negril it will cost you money and you will spend much of your day riding a bus. There are also things like rafting on the Martha Brae and the One Love tour to the Bob Marley Mausoleum.

    We have been to CTI twice and are returning to CSA soon. Sadly, this may also be our last trip to CSA as we may no longer be able to afford another trip. At least we can be flexible with our travel dates so we can try other Couples resorts, select a cheaper room category, and play with the calendar to get the price back to within our budget.

    We are victims of Couples success. You must remember they are a business that is intended to make a profit. If the resort occupancy rate is continuously at an acceptable level, of course they are going to increase their rates. Supply and demand. If the supply is low and the demand is high, you raise your rates. That's what any business will do. If Couples pricing gets too high and the occupancy rate drops too low, they will adjust their rates accordingly.

    As said before. Go to CTI with an open mind and try to avoid making direct comparisons. This isn't fair to either resort. Go with the proper attitude and you will have a wonderful time.

    Finally, try the island. Do something different that you wouldn't do at home. This is also something you can't do at CSA. Don't worry. We are all not Barbie and Ken. People may look, we are human. But we won't judge or stare. If you get too uncomfortable simply put your clothes back on and leave.

    Enjoy your stay in paradise.

    Only 20 days until we return to CSA
    Jack and Kathy

    CSA 2007, 2010 and booked for 2016
    CTI 2012, 2014

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    We did a split stay at CN and then CTI one time. After one day at CTI we made arrangements to return to CN and returned on the next day.
    I never can understand the reason for people to post uninformative vague slams on a resort like this. Please try to provide the reasons why you didn't enjoy the resort. Otherwise, it adds absolutely nothing to help someone's decision process.

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jamaican_junkie View Post
    I never can understand the reason for people to post uninformative vague slams on a resort like this. Please try to provide the reasons why you didn't enjoy the resort. Otherwise, it adds absolutely nothing to help someone's decision process.
    Thank you for that Jamaican Junkie....my thoughts exactly! ��

  12. #12

    Default

    Thank you Mad Jack!

  13. #13

    Default

    We stayed at CTI in January 2014. We won't be back. Our three biggest activities on vacation are beach walking, lounging on the beach and sailing.
    The beach at CTI is really small and not anything like Negril. On top of that it is crowded with lounge chairs practically to the water line. And then the sun went behind the building at about 3pm. All added together to make a less than enjoyable beach walk experience.
    Now lounging on the beach: first the was windy for much of the time - shutting down the island for half our trip and making lounging in the shade (see comment above about 3pm) rather cold. When the island was open it was nice, but literally 3 1/2 of 7 days it was closed.
    As for sailing: no watersports for six of the seven days. And the first day when I did get to go sailing it was still quite windy and doing a loop around the island really tasked my rusty sailing skills.
    I realize that other times of the year might give a better experience, but I will still to CN in the future. You just can't beat walking the shore of Bloody Bay.

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by srtaylor View Post
    We stayed at CTI in January 2014. We won't be back. Our three biggest activities on vacation are beach walking, lounging on the beach and sailing.
    The beach at CTI is really small and not anything like Negril. On top of that it is crowded with lounge chairs practically to the water line. And then the sun went behind the building at about 3pm. All added together to make a less than enjoyable beach walk experience.
    Now lounging on the beach: first the was windy for much of the time - shutting down the island for half our trip and making lounging in the shade (see comment above about 3pm) rather cold. When the island was open it was nice, but literally 3 1/2 of 7 days it was closed.
    As for sailing: no watersports for six of the seven days. And the first day when I did get to go sailing it was still quite windy and doing a loop around the island really tasked my rusty sailing skills.
    I realize that other times of the year might give a better experience, but I will still to CN in the future. You just can't beat walking the shore of Bloody Bay.
    Thanks so much for your input....hoping we have better luck with the wind and the setting sun in April. We will miss the beach walks terribly this year. We loved CSA and I'm sure CN is equally as wonderful. Fingers crossed for a long beach next year but I know being at a Couples resort will be wonderful, we will just have to suck it up for a beach this year. I also plan on doing a day at CSS to see what that is all about.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •