Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Curious.........

We are heading to CN in Mar...... neither of us are "Ken and Barbie" types. Real folks with real curves. How comfortable will we be if we try the AN beach? Do only the young skinny folks go?

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Couple View Post
    We are heading to CN in Mar...... neither of us are "Ken and Barbie" types. Real folks with real curves. How comfortable will we be if we try the AN beach? Do only the young skinny folks go?
    Uhhhh... All types are welcome. "Ken & Barbie" types feel sometimes less at home than us normal folks if they are exhibitionists. Au Naturel is about enjoying yourself and your surroundings, not about being seen. I have never seen Ken or Barbie in my three visits to CTI's Au Naturel area.

Hi Canadian Couple,

I am sure you will get the same reply from lots of folks. Age, shape, size is not an issue when using the AN beach. My wife and me are both in our 70's and the days of the trim figure are becoming a distance memory. As the saying goes a lot of our body is now heading south!
    We will be back at CN in January and will be on the AN beach every day.
    One other thing is that we have always found the people who use the AN beach are a very friendly crowd.

You get all shapes and sizes from the very petite to the very obese so don't worry - one thing with a/n is no one judges you unlike on a normal beach when its so easy to look at someone and laugh at their choice of swimwear.

Actually one thing my wife noticed in July was the large number of people who had had surgery, ie breast reductions and enlargements, heart surgery, spinal operations etc and it was only when she mentioned it to me that I had a look around and realised just how many people had operation scars, if she had not mentioned it I doubt I would have noticed as that it was A/N is about - yes we are all naked and you may have the odd peep but no one cares enough to look too closely or for too long at anyone, in fact you are more likely to know someone's eye colour than anything else about them. I also suspect if my wife was not a nurse she probably would not have noticed the scars in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by improvgirl View Post
    Uhhhh... All types are welcome. "Ken & Barbie" types feel sometimes less at home than us normal folks if they are exhibitionists. Au Naturel is about enjoying yourself and your surroundings, not about being seen. I have never seen Ken or Barbie in my three visits to CTI's Au Naturel area.
    HA! I've never seen them either! We're a couple of chubby's too, and it didn't phase us one bit. In fact, I felt more comfortable at the nude beach with all my clothes off, than I did with just my shirt off at the textile beach. Amazing how that works....
    Last edited by bonethugs; November 15th, 2013 at 07:59 PM.
    Greg & Irene

Bonethugs,

We are right there with you. Our first AN experience was 3 years ago on our honeymoon. My new bride and I are not in bad shape, but certainly not Ken and Barbie. After that first experience, we are also amazed at how more comfortable we are sans bathing suits. We spend all our days at SSB and would have it no other way. Come one, come all I say. Size and age doesn't matter there. As the saying goes, out of many, one people.

It really was awakening... I'm glad we took the plunge. We spent an entire week at Sans Souci in 2011 and failed to venture to the Au natural side. Now we can't wait to spend an entire week over there. We'll be there in 24 days!!!! Woo Woo!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by novastar View Post
    Bonethugs,

We are right there with you. Our first AN experience was 3 years ago on our honeymoon. My new bride and I are not in bad shape, but certainly not Ken and Barbie. After that first experience, we are also amazed at how more comfortable we are sans bathing suits. We spend all our days at SSB and would have it no other way. Come one, come all I say. Size and age doesn't matter there. As the saying goes, out of many, one people.
    Greg & Irene

All types go and all types feel comfortable, nudity is the great equalizer!

Have no fear - as stated above you will see every size and shape on the AN beach. I was so afraid that everyone on the beach would be Barbie and Ken - but honestly, the 3 times I've been to CN - there were only a few couples that I would rate as having great bodies. Everyone else was like you and me - fluffy - as I like to call it. So just go, relax - once you try it you will be like why didn't I do this sooner. One piece of advice - go there your first day. Don't wait because then you will more than likely change your mind. 191 more days!

That is so true!! We spent a week at Sans Souci 2 years ago, we talked and talked about venturing to the AN side every day.... we never did it. A year later we visited to Tower Isle, and without hesitation, we went to island on our first day, and we haven't looked back! We'll be in Sans Souci in less than 3 weeks and we plan on spending the entire time at Sunset Beach.

Quote Originally Posted by misskathyi2009 View Post
    Have no fear - as stated above you will see every size and shape on the AN beach. I was so afraid that everyone on the beach would be Barbie and Ken - but honestly, the 3 times I've been to CN - there were only a few couples that I would rate as having great bodies. Everyone else was like you and me - fluffy - as I like to call it. So just go, relax - once you try it you will be like why didn't I do this sooner. One piece of advice - go there your first day. Don't wait because then you will more than likely change your mind. 191 more days!
    Greg & Irene

You will have a great time! Just do it on the first day so you have no regrets about not doing it earlier in your vacation. I think that the most awkward that I felt was the first time I went up for drinks but after that was over there were no worries mon!

Well we can't wait to try out the AN beach....... we may be the one off in the corner by ourselves to start..but we'll be there!!!
    Thanks all!!

I second everyones responses! We had our first AN experience on our Honeymoon in Sept 2012 while on a day trip to CN (we were staying at CSA all week). The second we arrived, we stopped at the pool bar for two Bob Marleys, moseyed on over to the AN section, took a look around, and I stripped off my clothes quicker than you can say "nekkid"!!!! I had read that that's the way to go about it, and it worked! I saw just ONE "Ken and Barbie" couple the entire day. Now we can't wait to go back in May to CN!!!!!!
    Laura

What? You mean people still go over to the textile side?
    Janice and Keith in FL

CTI 2009
    CN 2010 2011 2012 2013
    CSS 2014

I'm glad someone else started this thread, as I had the same question, and now have answers to many of them. For CTI specifically, is it a younger crowd than the other Couple resorts?

Also, I am pretty self conscious (although have recentlly dropped 60 pounds) so was unsure how I would fit in. Also was curious about the shaving habits of the visitors to AN. If we venture over hoping to just fit in and not stand out, and wasnt sure of the current trends of shaving or not down below.

Quote Originally Posted by USA_Male07 View Post
    I'm glad someone else started this thread, as I had the same question, and now have answers to many of them. For CTI specifically, is it a younger crowd than the other Couple resorts?

Also, I am pretty self conscious (although have recentlly dropped 60 pounds) so was unsure how I would fit in. Also was curious about the shaving habits of the visitors to AN. If we venture over hoping to just fit in and not stand out, and wasnt sure of the current trends of shaving or not down below.
    First of all, congratulations on your weight loss you must be so proud of yourself. Don't worry about fitting in, all sizes, shapes, ages, shaved, unshaven, trimmed, go so fear not. As far as shaving goes, do whatever you want, or do nothing. It should only matter to you. No one cares one way or another. (Really!) Although, if you have never shaved completely, this might be a good time to try it. What the heck be a little daring. As it has been said many times, Go the first day... DO NOT WAIT TILL THE LAST DAY!!! If you don't like it just leave, but if you like it you will return every day. Good Luck! you won't regret it.

If you are self conscious there's even more reason to go AN. You just have to trust everyone here that will tell you it is a much less judgmental environment. You will see all weight levels, but no one pays it attention. You will also see all shaving styles and again it doesn't really matter. Typical seems to be women 65% no pubic hair, 30% very short strip, 5% full on. For the guys 45% no pubic hair, 45% partially trimmed/shaved, and 10% natural. For us we both love it all gone, but even if you are natural you will be fine.
    Julie

I have been an on again, off again, (pun unintended) nudist for most of my adult life, but Mrs. S is fairly new to it. One thing I have noticed is first timers tend to over think it. That was my wife not that long ago. We went to CN last year and after a day or two she was splashing around in the ocean nude at the AN beach and having a blast oblivious to the textiles not far away. Now, we are planning to go to SSB and the first thing she did is check out the new AN facilities there. At least for us, it's a non-issue. We are in our late 50's and far from perfect; well Mrs. S is perfect in my eyes! :-)

My take on this is, if you are the least bit curious, go! That's how I was feeling before we went last week and I finally got to try AN. I posted about it in the thread "Feedback After Your Vacation." It's a great thread for getting first-timer feedback and might answer all your questions. Have fun, whatever you decide!!

This will be our fifth trip to CTI, we spend most of our time on the island, and I just wanted to let you know that I am a professional model (just to let you know that the following people have been based on me: 1-the Pillsbury Dough Boy, 2-the Michelin Man, 3&4-John Belushi & Chris Farley (God rest their souls),
    5-Schrek, and many other Adonises. Have fun on vacation, people, we don't judge on the island, we look forward to meeting more great people there each year!

Jim

Cant wait to start on the no tan line look

Quote Originally Posted by bonethugs View Post
    That is so true!! We spent a week at Sans Souci 2 years ago, we talked and talked about venturing to the AN side every day.... we never did it. A year later we visited to Tower Isle, and without hesitation, we went to island on our first day, and we haven't looked back! We'll be in Sans Souci in less than 3 weeks and we plan on spending the entire time at Sunset Beach.
    Heading to CSS for first time in Nov. Fill us in when you get back

Thanks for all the input folks....... just back, we had a great time and enjoyed our first, but won't be our last, time at a AN beach

Canadian couple, please give details! I want to show my wife

Quote Originally Posted by tanfastic View Post
    Canadian couple, please give details! I want to show my wife
    Very relaxed, people are great..... only couples so no one feels out of place. The walk to the water and back some may find a bit "bold" for your first time, so some wrap the floaties around them. My wife did for the first 1/2 day but that was it. Any thing else you'd like to know drop us a line and let us know... you'll love it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast