Thread: TimAir

Default TimAir

Heading to CSA in Jan. Looking to use TimAir. Does anybody know if there is a transfer to CSA and how far from the airstrip CSA is. We paid for airport transfers and I don't know if this were to include transfers from the TimAir strip. Thanks for any info.

Hi joeyg,
    I haven't used Tim Air before, but it is very close to CSA. Airport transfers include the buses that will take you to the resorts from the airport, not Tim Air transfers. Apparently there are local taxis at the airport in Negril that you can take to CSA, or if you would prefer, you can call the resort and ask them to pick you up, from what I've been told.
    I'm sure someone that's used Tim Air will reply and let you know if I'm misinformed.
    Cheers,
    Terri

We've used TimAir both directions. Upon landing in Negril you will find a couple of taxis that will take you to CSA. The cost is $10. Couples will send a van to pick you up, but it takes 15-20 minutes for them to get to the the air strip. We waited one time and it took about 20 minutes. There is a lady that sells beer, from a cooler, across from the TimAir shed. We now just grab a cab and we are at CSA in 10 minutes.

On the way from CSA to the Negril airport just tell the people at check out that you need a ride. They will arrange a van to take you. We usually tip the van driver $5, the TimAir luggage handler/sales rep $5 and the pilot $20.

We used to take TimAir ALL the time, but since the road is finished you can almost get there in the same amount of time if the traffic from Mobay to Negril is light. W/e traffic is worse.

The TimAir strip is almost across the street from CN and GLN, you could walk if you did not have a lot of luggage but you cannot walk to CSA but there will be a cab to take you to CSA for $10

There are NO lights at the strip in Negril so you can only fly during daylight hours and good weather. The flight is very short (15 minutes) but you have to transfer from MBJ to the timair terminal and sometimes you have to wait for a plane or servicing and the xfer again in Negril. Also the planes are very small single engine Cessna 150's or 180's.

Thanks for the info. The wife gets a little car sick so I thought this would be a little better for her. Looking forward to experiencing the CSA vacation.

Default timair

do it do it do it and ask for curtis.he is a great pilot and will fly you over csa after take off.

Quote Originally Posted by lauren View Post
    do it do it do it and ask for curtis.he is a great pilot and will fly you over csa after take off.
    CURTIS is the Absolute Best!! We have flown with Curtis several times!! Very Comfortable flying with Curtis!! Another one of our Very Favorites!!! We Love, Love, Love Curtis
    Art xo Francine

Can you take tim air to CTI? Roundtrip time and approx. cost? How do you book this transfer? I would rather not take the 2 hour van ride there and back.

we are going to negril december 3rd- 12th if anyone else wants to share a tim air flight to reduce the cost a bit. we arrive in mo-bay @ 12:30pm on the 3rd....our return flight is at 3:30pm on the 12th.

Quote Originally Posted by Cravinsun View Post
    Can you take tim air to CTI? Roundtrip time and approx. cost? How do you book this transfer? I would rather not take the 2 hour van ride there and back.
    Yes, you can fly into Ocho Rios; we did so in August 2009 for our CSS vacation. The cost for two people round trip was $800, and the flight is about 30 minutes in length. There was a driver from CSS waiting for us when we landed.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).