We first discovered Couples 3 years ago when looking for a honeymoon destination. It was Sans Souci that called out to us way back when. I found this place of paradise by fluke.. I guess it was meant to be because it called to me. It actually took a hold of my mind, keeping my focus as very few things seem to, and I was awash in the excitement. I had to find out everything I could about this place I saw on the internet. It looked amazing.
All the special places...nooks and crannies, the beach, the lobby.... Everything about it left me in awe. I had found it while my future wife was at work, and the excitement inside could hardly be maintained. She knew immediately when she got home that I had found something special. I showed her the pictures, and the look on her face was priceless.
We knew that this was ours. A place to be together, to start our life together. A place of splendor, of relaxation. We had no idea at that point 3 years ago what we were getting into. We arrived to our first "welcome home" October 1, 2010. From that point on, our week in paradise was nothing but perfect.
We had an amazing wedding with family and friends here at home. I got 3 more kids, she got 2. We were now 1 shy of the Brady bunch, and couldn't be more happy about it. I remember many years prior that I had said I would never marry again. Well this special woman had taken me from "never" to actually proposing to her in front of all our family and friends in 4 short years. I love her beyond the heavens, and all 5 of our kids as well. Perfect doesn't even come close to describing it.
So here we were, In Jamaica, at San Souci. Taking in everything.The sounds. the smells. The amazing ambiance. A paradise found. An amazing week as the start of our married life together.
Since then it's been almost like the only thing we now look forward to is those blissful days at our home away from home. After the first trip, we booked 2 more. After the second trip, I booked another. After the third trip, We booked again. Seemed almost strange not to have 2 countdowns going at the same time. It's like a feeling of comfort in knowing we will be back home.
This past September, after enduring a 541 day countdown, it wasn't until we were on our way to the airport that it hit me. As we made our way out of our little suburb, I switched the radio to my Bob Marley CD to play. Suddenly tears started rolling down my cheeks. My stomach was in knots. I was giddy all over. "WE are going home"!!! I was almost jumping out of my seat!!! I guess the long wait and sudden realization of actually being in the moment, on the day of return to our home, was far too much for my emotions to handle. I cried all the way to the airport. A Mr. tough guy crying... go figure... We spent another glorious week in our home away from home.
Less than 2 weeks after our return, we booked for April. Oh good God, here we go again!!!
This wonderful place called "without worries" has taken us fully. It's beauty, it's charm has caused a shift in lifestyle for us both. As many have been drawn into the "family' of couplesholics, we are only two of many with our story to tell. May the next 163 days pass without event, without harm nor too much stress, and let us be within the gates of our paradise come April... and September, let her welcome us again...