Default SSB hot tub at night

Hi All just wondering if you go to use the hot tub at SSB at night is it Au Natural or clothing optional at that time?

We used the pool and hot tub on the SSB at night. We like the few people that were there were AN. On Tuesday and Friday you have to wait for the after party to go AN. It was wonderful.

Last time we were there years ago it wasn't lite up at night. Has that changed ?

It was pretty dark.

Late at night nobody enforces the AN rules, but most people I've seen still go AN. There are two other hot tubs around the resort away from SSB. They're nice if you prefer not to run into any AN folks.

hhhmmmm we may have to try that this year.

We were there this past July and went to SSB a few nights, it was most part AN a few women topless as was my wife, but no one actually was there in full bathing suit attire.

We fancy giving it a try arrive 14th Nov can't wait

Default nice at night

We were there last July and went several times to the pool at SSB at night (not nights when the parties are there of course) and were the only ones there so we went AN. The guard that was there left to another area as soon as we arrived I guess to give us privacy. He showed us how to turn on the lights Pool lights by the side of the bar. Iwas very nice. We heard the week before a group had a private party there at night and hired the bartender to come and make drinks, I tried to get some interested in that without luck.

A private night party with a bartender? Now that sounds like a plan!!!! Darren, we may have to discuss this with the wives.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry and Maria View Post
    We were there last July and went several times to the pool at SSB at night (not nights when the parties are there of course) and were the only ones there so we went AN. The guard that was there left to another area as soon as we arrived I guess to give us privacy. He showed us how to turn on the lights Pool lights by the side of the bar. Iwas very nice. We heard the week before a group had a private party there at night and hired the bartender to come and make drinks, I tried to get some interested in that without luck.

SSB Hot Tub at night.... great.... we'll be there on the 16th.

I would be disappointed if Couples allowed anyone to run a 'private' party or function of any kind if it puts any parts of the resort off limits to all the paying guests at the resort. One reason we have not been to some other resorts in Negril in recent years is that groups began to be allowed to set aside facilities that we all paid to use. Groups that are treated differently than the other All-Inclusive guests are a threat to the vacation experience of other paying guests at the resort. Hold the line on this please Couples!
    Couples has maintained a reasonable view of this problem and I hope they don't get talked into changing it any time soon.

There was a private party going on while we were there one night. It really isn't a private party; people just paid extra to have the bar open after hours; there were no signs telling us it was private nor did anyone say we needed to leave. We were still able to enjoy SSB while it was going on; we just didn't try and get a drink.

Quote Originally Posted by rhallva View Post
    I would be disappointed if Couples allowed anyone to run a 'private' party or function of any kind if it puts any parts of the resort off limits to all the paying guests at the resort. One reason we have not been to some other resorts in Negril in recent years is that groups began to be allowed to set aside facilities that we all paid to use. Groups that are treated differently than the other All-Inclusive guests are a threat to the vacation experience of other paying guests at the resort. Hold the line on this please Couples!
    Couples has maintained a reasonable view of this problem and I hope they don't get talked into changing it any time soon.

I agree with rhallva regarding "private" parties, but I wouldn't mind if Couples organized some different public parties a couple times a week. While at a different resort, they would have some themed parties during the week, such as pajama parties or toga parties, in their "night club" that would be a fun change of pace for some than the normal Couples variety show type of entertainment. Or even have a comedy show once a week. The nightly options are the one thing that Couples lacks in my opinion.

I get the sense that the hot tub parties at CSS that are being referred to above are open to all and not intended to be exclusionary.
    CSS - March, 2012
    CTI - March, 2013, 2014, 2015

The bartender is paid to be there after hours by a group of guests, but as far as I have heard, that does not exclude others from coming to the beach. I would be incredibly surprised if any SSB friends would ever exclude anyone!

Quote Originally Posted by krazykeith View Post
    The bartender is paid to be there after hours by a group of guests, but as far as I have heard, that does not exclude others from coming to the beach. I would be incredibly surprised if any SSB friends would ever exclude anyone!
    Exactly! I think I'll float the idea with some people while we're there to gauge interest.
    Greg & Irene

Never been to any Couples resorts, but I just booked 4 days at CTI and 7 days at SSB in late June / early July 2014. These message boards are great and I have learned so much from all you "repeaters". Thank you.

Regarding the hot tub at SSB: It seems to me that since it is brand new, large, beautiful environment... it would be the perfect party place in the evenings! But what I am reading is it does not get much use at night. Why is that? Is everyone too pooped out after dinner?

jdubya - One of the reasons we never used it in July was because having spent all day on that beach, we had quite a walk and climb back to our room in block F and then had to go back down to the beach again for our evening meal and then after eating we would wander back up again to the balloon bar to watch the entertainment and have a few drinks so after that finished (and we were full of food and drink) it was easier just to go back to the room or listen to the pianist than walk down all the steps again and across to the SSB which is set away from the main area and on the nights of the beach and gala they continue the party on the SSB so even if we went then we would have to hang around probably until quite late if we wished to strip off. Next March we are probably in blocks A,B or C so we may venture down this time.

Wow... sounds really spread out. We are looking for a room with a large and private balcony, with an excellent view. I requested a Deluxe Ocean room in G block because I think G meets these criteria... but based on what you are saying, it sounds like G is fairly inconvenient to SSB, the AN hot tub, and other things.

We don't mind getting some exercise, but if G is so far away from SSB that it deters us from going there, perhaps we should reconsider our room choice. Do you know of any rooms which meet our three criteria, which are closer to SSB?

Its not that spread out that it would put you off if you really wanted to do it, we stayed in Block F next door G and went to SSB every day (I would guess if it was not for the steps it would be only a couple of hundred yards/metres walk) and you can always stop off for breakfast at the Palazzina on the way down and the mineral pool or balloon bar/pool on the way back.

Its just having the motivation to do it again at night when you are feeling full after a nice meal and a few drinks whilst wearing what could be decent clothes.

The fact that our room was so far away was how I got my DH to give it a go at night, LOL. There is no way after the after party ( Tuesdays and Fridays goes to 1am ) are we going to walk all the back to Block F, put on suits, then walk down to the pool for a dip.

We have stayed at c/o B&B's and resorts. If there is a hot tub or pool and the there is someone already there, we just say "you don't mind if we are nude do you?" Honestly that makes it difficult for them to put up an argument without sounding petty. Almost every time they join in and end up relieved we took the initiative Nights usually work best for some reason LOL

Jules

We have always been told that SSB is AN regardless of the time. As a courtesy we asked staff each of the two times we went prior. We have been there at night with another couple, once by ourselves, and were invited once to a party where everyone chipped in for the bartender afterhours.
    CSS/SSB October 2009, October 2011, October 11-19, 2014!

We were there in mid-October. There was AN group that used the hot tub pretty much every night. I think one time we saw a textile couple walk over...they stayed on the beach.

The hot tub is large enough for a group now. It was nice to be over at SSB after dinner.