Default Resort Beverages

This is my first time visiting a Couples Resort...well, any all-inclusive resort actually. My preferred beverage is beer and I've been seeing ALOT mentioned about Red Stripe. Do Couples resorts offer domestic beers?

Trust me...one Red Stripe and there'll be no need for anything else. Come to think of it...I've never even asked for a domestic beer while in Jamaica. I sure hope someone knows the answer? But if not...enjoy your stay and all the Red Stripe you can drink!!

Consider this. You will be traveling to an exotic foreign location. Why drink the same old stuff that you can have anytime at home? Live a little. The Red Stripe isn't so bad. Also, look through the drink book at the bar. Or maybe ask the bartender what he recommends. You just may be surprised. I don't mind my American beer while I am at home. But in Jamaica I like the local drinks.

What kind of soda does CSS have? I'm a Mountain Dew drinker, I really need it first thing in the morning(caffiene).

Sodas on the Couples Resorts are Pepsi products. They also taste slightly different than the Pepsi products you get in the states. Mostly because in Jamaica they use cane sugar to sweeten the soda vs corn syrup used in the states.

My SO is an avid Coca Cola drinker. You won't find Coca Cola products on the Couples resorts. One time we went into town to buy some Coca Cola. She hated the different taste.

Since then, we spend the extra $25 for an extra suitcase. She packs a case of Coca Cola and rations it during our stay. The extra suitcase gives us extra room for things like our own snorkeling gear. The resort snorkeling gear is OK, but our own gear is better. We then have enough extra room for any souvenirs on our trip home.

Thank you Mad Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Jack View Post
    Sodas on the Couples Resorts are Pepsi products. They also taste slightly different than the Pepsi products you get in the states. Mostly because in Jamaica they use cane sugar to sweeten the soda vs corn syrup used in the states.

My SO is an avid Coca Cola drinker. You won't find Coca Cola products on the Couples resorts. One time we went into town to buy some Coca Cola. She hated the different taste.

Since then, we spend the extra $25 for an extra suitcase. She packs a case of Coca Cola and rations it during our stay. The extra suitcase gives us extra room for things like our own snorkeling gear. The resort snorkeling gear is OK, but our own gear is better. We then have enough extra room for any souvenirs on our trip home.