Default Garden Room at CN

Just booked a somewhat last-minute trip for January to CN... our first time! So excited, even more so because the countdown isn't very long!

I booked the deluxe garden room (not suite) and wondering if anyone had a favorite spot for these rooms or favorite building? Will all the buildings have the renovated bathrooms by January? Is any location better than any other, or are all the rooms identical?

Thanks for your tips!

We love building 2. Quiet yet still very close to everything. As far as requests go, another thing to consider is if you prefer the extra privacy of floors 2 and 3 with a balcony or the convenience of floor one with a patio.

We loved building 4, just seemed so secluded for some reason and it really isn't. I think we were in room 4107 and even had a view of the beach from there even though it was a garden deluxe room. All the suites, Beach and Garden are identical. All the non-suite room categories are identical as well, other then those that have been renovated with the new bathroom. They are based mostly on the location of the building and what you can see from your patio. We have stayed in building 4-5-8-9 all first floor in 5 trips and would stay in any of those buildings or rooms again without a question.

Enjoy your trip and have fun. We just got back from CN on 11/5 and in 97 days will be there again.

You're going to love CN...we're heading back in Feb for our second trip. The first time we stayed, we were in Building 2 in room 2101. PERFECT location...we're hoping to get lucky the second time around.

If you're standing on the beach with your back to the bay, facing the north-side room blocks, the building numbers from left to right are 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, creating a horseshoe around the spa building. 2, 3, and 4 are the most common garden-view buildings. 2 is closest to the center of the resort, 3 is closest to the road and the tennis courts, and 4 is closest to the Riu next door. Of those, we have only stayed in Bldg 3, and were not at all bothered by the road. Some folks from building 4 have said they can hear noise from the Riu at night, and I've never heard any complaints about building 2, which also is now open after recent bathroom remodeling. For our trip next week, we requested 2 or 3.

As I said, in regards to the renovations, building 2 is now open, and building 1 is close. I can give you a better update next week. As for your last question, it's really two different questions. The north side room blocks are closer to the spa and scuba/watersports area. The south side blocks, which count 6, 7, 8, 9 from left to right, are closer to the wedding and AN areas. So, location preference really depends on what you will be doing, sensitivity to "road noise", ease of getting around, etc, etc. As for room types, no matter if you have a Deluxe Garden, Ocean, or Beachfront, other than view, you couldn't pick one from the other out of a lineup. They are identical. Same goes with the suites. CN really only has two types of rooms, which makes choosing a room type easier there that at the other resorts, and the lowest category is just as good as the second or third levels. On our first two trips, we did Deluxe Ocean, for which we had to walk all the way across the resort twice a day to dive. On our next trip we booked Deluxe Garden just to save a few bucks, and once we realized we were 30 seconds from the dive shack, that's the only category we will ever stay in, which is nice, because it also happens to be the cheapest!

The one thing I've heard the last couple weeks, which may or may not be in issue in all of the renovated rooms, is that apparently the new showers have some design flaws, and I've heard some complaints that the bathroom floor gets soaking wet during showers. I guess we'll see in 4 days!

Have fun! Booking trips last minute is the best, solely for the short countdown you speak of. Our second countdown started in the double-digits and that was way better than waiting half a freakin year or more!
    "Brutalize me with music..."

CN: 11/2007, 11/2010, 11/2011, 11/2013

We had a first floor room in Bldg 2 the first time we went to CN (8 times ago). It overlooked the spa. It was super quiet -- very peaceful.

Hi, we just returned a couple of weeks ago from CN and we booked the garden room (not suite). We were on a ground floor in building 3 and absolutely LOVED our room and location. Our room was not a renovated room, but we were very happy in it. CN is a resort where, in our opinion, there is no big benefit to booking a more expensive room, everything is so close you don't gain anything. You'll be fine booking the garden room, enjoy!

Default Enjoyed Block 3

Just left CN a week ago. Stayed in 3105 (a DGV) which overlooked the spa hut and ponds. Beautiful setting. Block 1 is completed and was occupied during our week. Block 2 is still being renovated and was unoccupied. Block 4 had similar views to Block 3. We enjoyed our room and were not disturbed by the road noise (drowned out by the A/C).
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Randy and Kelly Webster; November 15th, 2013 at 11:58 PM.
    randyandkelly

Thanks for all the responses! Sounds like we can't really go wrong in any building? I guess my largest concern would be possibility of road noise since I'm a very light sleeper and we take these vacations for peace and quiet since we live in a busy, loud city! So any more recommendations on rooms or buildings that provide the most quiet would be great. Sounds like building 2 is in a good location from the responses above.

Quote Originally Posted by dank120 View Post
    The one thing I've heard the last couple weeks, which may or may not be in issue in all of the renovated rooms, is that apparently the new showers have some design flaws, and I've heard some complaints that the bathroom floor gets soaking wet during showers. I guess we'll see in 4 days!

We had the same experience a few years ago with those zero entry showers in the remodeled bathrooms at CTI. We had to line up extra beach and shower towels along the shower edge to try and keep the water off of the bathroom floor. I wouldn't have thought they they would make that same mistake again. I'd rather have the old bathtub showers than that mess.

Name:  Gr#1.jpg
Views: 319
Size:  71.6 KBI think we have stayed in almost every building and floor of the garden rooms. Love them all. Wanted you to see a picture of a third floor room. Felt like I was staying in a tropical treehouse. LOVED IT. After spending all day on the beach, this room was so peaceful and wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimnmariann View Post
    Name:  Gr#1.jpg
Views: 319
Size:  71.6 KBI think we have stayed in almost every building and floor of the garden rooms. Love them all. Wanted you to see a picture of a third floor room. Felt like I was staying in a tropical treehouse. LOVED IT. After spending all day on the beach, this room was so peaceful and wonderful.
    Thanks for posting, that looks so beautiful!