Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thank you!!

Thank you! I'm actually surprised about the negativity. How sad....we're sisters...we're looking forward to our first time in Jamaica...sand, sun and time with sister! Not conspiring to steal anyone's significant other! Not our fault Ellen gave away a trip to Couples and out of the hundreds of people who received trips, I'm sure we aren't the only ones sharing with someone other than a s/o. Thanks for your kind words and advice! We can't wait!

Thanks we want to enjoy our first trip to Jamaica, not make trouble with anyone of course! I'm sorry to all those saying "couples only!!!" ...you would never know if we were sisters or a lesbian couple unless I told you, anyway lol

Thank you! Ellen show was an amazing experience and we are so excited to see Jamaica! (Neither if us has been)

Last Christmas is when we were given the trip by ellen! We were in that audience we had just over a year to use the trip so we are going in December

Quote Originally Posted by mattfahey View Post
    Did you both win a trip - as in 2 rooms, or just a trip together? Are your travel dates flexible? maybe you can hold off on booking and twist some lucky guy's arm to join you in paradise
    I would like to offer my services if needed! Strictly platonic of course! I LOVE LOVE LOVE CTI!!!!

I saw that show and was very jealous! I think that it is great, I know that my sister and I would have a wonderful time (I really can't beleive the haters) You will have a blast.
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you will be a mile away and they will be barefoot!

I was going to post sooner, but got distracted. Just go and have fun! It's all about attitude. Fun people will have fun anywhere. The nay-sayers are either jealous or scared. Ignore them. The resorts are incredible. Congratulations on winning! Go and have a great time!

Just go with it and don't give a thought about what others think. Yes, there are a few things that are geared towards couples only that wouldn't be much fun. But then, there are also activities geared towards newlyweds that us older couples wouldn't really care for. For us, we wouldn't care at all to see you there.

I honestly believe you are going to really enjoy this trip. You have some choices. You can partake in the many activities that this resort offers, plenty to keep you occupied. There are also lots of things to do off of the resort, some require an extra fee.

Or

Let gravity kick in and lay back on the beach and enjoy.

Hope to see you there.

Only 85 more days until we return home to CTI

I have to put my 2 cents in. I have met many families who have gone for whatever reason. Singles in the groups traveling as pairs. Never in the years we have been to CSS and CN have we EVER had an issue. I am almost ashamed to read how people are reacting to this. In fact, during my last visit to CSS, they had a wedding and there was a lovely lady who traveled alone to attend. She had a wonderful time and said she was so lucky to be able to come to place like CSS. I say to the sisters, Go, have fun, and enjoy. You will want to come back and bring your special someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Photocrazy View Post
    Thank you! I'm actually surprised about the negativity. How sad....we're sisters...we're looking forward to our first time in Jamaica...sand, sun and time with sister! Not conspiring to steal anyone's significant other! Not our fault Ellen gave away a trip to Couples and out of the hundreds of people who received trips, I'm sure we aren't the only ones sharing with someone other than a s/o. Thanks for your kind words and advice! We can't wait!
    Please read the main page of this website....anyone with a third grade education should be able to understand the two word phrase COUPLES ONLY. . when you read that how do you justify going to Couples? This is how it starts..next it's two brothers then 4 college friends...and the concept is ruined. But that's how this country is going...the rules (and they are written rules!) don't apply to me.
    Please don't go....someone had a good idea for you to sell the room & then go to a singles resort.
    Captain Jim
    "I will grow old....
    But I won't grow up"

Speaking for me, personally, I wouldn't want to spend a week at a Couples resort if I were single. But if that doesn't bother these two sisters, why should anyone else care?

Photocrazy, we will be at CTI 12/22-12/29. We would love to buy you guys a round of drinks at the swim up bar, if you are there at the same time. Heather and Colby

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
    Please read the main page of this website....
    Should be enough said...but it won't be.

I understand all the friendly "go; it's fine" type posts, as the MB and Couples does form friendships, Jamaica is laid back, etc, etc, HOWEVER the mission statement is in plain text. Read it how you want, don't read it, but the reality is that it exists.

Don't forget to justify short pants at the nice restaurants with your Crocks and flops.

Photo crazy, will we see you out on the island or is that out of the question traveling with family???

Quote Originally Posted by kcsiemens View Post
    Photo crazy, will we see you out on the island or is that out of the question traveling with family???
    I believe you have to go to the island with your S/O. They usually don't allow guys or girls to go alone. I think it 's great that you won the trip, the concern that I have is that you and your sister will feel out of place being there will be all couples there. I understand that you want to take your sister but if it were me I wouldn't want to go to any place that was all couples with my sister, how much fun can you have? You won't be meeting anyone (men), and I'm sure the ladies will not share their husbands with you. I'm a 14 time repeater and I'll tell you a story.

2 years ago, my adult daughter and her husband (who was married at the old COR as I was (second marriage) did a split between CSA & CTI, our husbands went diving one morning and me & may daughter went to Patois at CSA for breakfast, the looks we got from other couples was something to the point where I had to bite my tongue because I wanted to stand up and say "our husbands are diving". Now I'm not saying that this would happen to you but be prepared!
    Dianavr

You are a "couple" of sisters!! Go and have a great time!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2