Default Can a guest request a room, or have a choice upon check in?

Looking at the CSA map I can see there are many buildings that are Atrium Suites. Some are better located near the beach or near preffered locations.

When checking in, would a guest have a choice upon availabilty? While I get the "No room request" policy, if there are choices can the guest be able to make that choice for themselves?

Regarding upgrades, do the offer them if available at no charge? Do they discount at all the upgrade if available?

IM very happy to have my room catagory and will be perfectly content with it, but if possible there are some preferences I would enjoy to have proximity to and some things I prefer to be furthest away from.

You can ask for a specific block or room at check in. Be happy and if it is not available just say thank you with another smile. Nothing is guaranteed but you never know, and I personally have found out that a smile and being nice can go a long way. My wife has to remind me of that from time to time and also remind me that nothing is ruined if I don't get it, it is just another adventure. After 41 years she has me pegged.

Randy,
    can you answer this question?

Just ask at Check In. We were hoping for a first floor room on our last visit. (Sept 13) and when we arrived we were located on a upper floor. I asked at check in and we were accommodated and very very happy. I saw in one of your posts that you found a discount of 5.5% can you share how and where you found it. Getting ready to book another trip back. thanks Julie

When you do the pre-checkin you can make your request known in the comments section. We always request 2nd or 3rd floor rooms and it has always worked out for us.

Amy

Look at the very top of the Main Thread. See where it states "Room Requests Not Available" . Open this thread and read. If you do this there should be no misunderstanding. Makes perfect sense once you read this post from Randymon.

Or just follow the link below.

http://couples.com/mb/couples-main-m...vailable-7757/

I also need to request a ground floor room because I have a knee problem being treated by a Dr. The Dr really doesn't want me going up stairs. I can provide a Dr's note. It will make a big difference in my vacation. Has anyone requested for this reason?

You can request a room/building during check-in. Usually they're willing to accommodate if it's available. Upgrades are at cost.

All you can do is ask, I've heard they will try and accommodate if available. I personally take what we are given and never been disappointed.
    As far as upgrades, it does happen occasionally, it happen to us. It was a freebee and we were upgraded from the Greathouse to a bfvs. We were multi repeaters so that probable was a factor. I never expected it or asked for it. It was wonderful

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Jack View Post
    Look at the very top of the Main Thread. See where it states "Room Requests Not Available" . Open this thread and read. If you do this there should be no misunderstanding. Makes perfect sense once you read this post from Randymon.

Or just follow the link below.

http://couples.com/mb/couples-main-m...vailable-7757/
    From my post:

When checking in, would a guest have a choice upon availabilty? While I get the "No room request" policy, if there are choices can the guest be able to make that choice for themselves?

Quote Originally Posted by michelpr View Post
    I also need to request a ground floor room because I have a knee problem being treated by a Dr. The Dr really doesn't want me going up stairs. I can provide a Dr's note. It will make a big difference in my vacation. Has anyone requested for this reason?
    I put my request on my pre-check in. I have a foot issue that I'm seeing a Dr for. I requested a ground floor room as well because of that. I guess I'll see what happens when we get there. CN in 9 days!
    Linda & Nick
    CSA - Oct 2004 (for our wedding!!!)
    CN - March 2006, Nov 2013
    CSS - March 2013

We have had to take a room we didn't particularly like because it was the only one available at check in. Then, we have been able to switch rooms the next day to a building we liked. It's well worth it...just don't unpack. Then, they will move your luggage to the new room for you.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Upgrades do happen, but they are less likely during peak season (winter months). What we typically witness at check in is that a couple won't be sure about the room they are assigned. The front desk staff will tell them to go check it out. If they don't like it, the staff will attempt to find another room. However, that only works so well if the resort is at or near capacity. Sometimes they can accommodate you after a day or two, and then you can switch rooms. As far as requesting a first floor room, I am certain that they will do their best to accommodate you. You may, in fact, want to contact Couples prior to your visit and let them know that you need a first floor room because of a medical condition.

For those with mobility issues going to CTI you might be better asking at check-in for a room near the elevators. I fractured my ankle on the way to the resort one year and 3rd floor near the elevator was better than a long hallway would have been.

I got upgraded to a beach front veranda!!!47 steps to my palapa!

All I had to do was show them my Amex card! And "Boom".........im a rock star!

got up at 6:30 the morning an took a dip to wake my groggy ass up!

My first trip to CSA I was rehabbing post-knee surgery. Not only did we get an upstairs room, but we got one of the very few that had a winding staircase! Guess what? Between those stairs and working out in the pool and sea, my knee was much better when we left! I understand this isn't everyone's situation, but I made the best of mine. As everyone else has said, you can only request AT check-in.